Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do end-game enemies have basic stats?

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited January 21, 2017 in Help
The main reason I'm asking is because I'm interested in using Sorrow Sonata for a few things, and knowing where it works best.

At rank 1 it can lower all stats of an enemy by 30%. However, do enemies to a certain extent even have stats, and not just a flat HP/Damage/Defense thing going on?

Like how would you know if a goblin has 300 strength, and not 1 strength and like 200 damage? How would anyone know if Master Lich has 999 all stats, and not 1 str, int, dex, will, and luck, and 500 base damage with rank 6 to rank 1 spells?

I know, crappy examples, but in cases like Rabbie Phantasm, is sorrow sonata a must for mitigating damage?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 21, 2017
    Well, they do have stats, but no accounting for how much.

I mean, you can sort of tell with damage differences of certain skills.

Like Celestial Spike, with its fixed damage, will deal slightly more damage to an enemy debuffed with Sorrow Sonata due to have decreased magic Def/Prot from getting their Will/Int lowered.

Also Girgashiy has strength, which when lowered decreases the damage of its staff swing and fanatacism stab.
    Pretty noticeable since the power of those skills is directly proportional to its strength stat.

But as to whether there's enemies with 1 in each stat, and the rest just being made up by fixed stat ranks and damage...
    That's hard to know for every enemy.
    But it's for sure that some enemies DO have stats.

Also, for the Possessed Gold Lancer/Archer/Fighters in Ghost of Parth, you can see their Stats when you possess them.
    And if you possess them while they're debuffed by Sorrow Sonata, you'll see that their stats will be lowered too, if you check them after you posses them before the debuff wears off.

As an aside, if nothing else, them getting debuffed with Sorrow Sonata will still decrease their skill charging/attack speed and movement speed, for what that's worth. (darn snap casting enemies)