Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What are gemstones for?

ReaperYuriReaperYuri
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited January 21, 2017 in Help
I got a ruby and a diamond from the phoenix egg and I have no idea what to do with them, I joined fairly recently so if the answer is super simple I apologize. But whenever I try and sell them it says they will sell for 0 gold. Thank you in advanced and again sorry if it is a super simple answer

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Gems are used in various "Gem Upgrades", which are upgrades for weapons that can be done after the normal 5/5 upgrades.

They can also be given to a Spirit Weapon to let it gain growth points.

There are also various Gems that can be given to specific NPCs for various gifts.
    A list of NPCs and their preferred Gems can be found here: http://wiki.mabi.world/view/Gems#NPC_Gifts

Finally, you can use gems in random synthesis using the Alchemy skill 'Synthesis' which can return items like Finest Fabric.
    ReaperYuri
  • ReaperYuriReaperYuri
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Thank you Iyasenu that helps a lot :)
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Also if you ever wanna sell a gem, open a kiosk or personal shop etc and sell it to a player rather than a NPC. Players buy gems especially diamonds.
    You can use the Kiosk board (tab in the housing board) or browse personal shops to see the prices other players are selling them for. Else, price it how you like.