Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

Comments

• PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    KimCheolsu wrote: »
    fondue sticks don't count towards the pts they don't add or negate anything I know you said don't need anyone else saying things but just wanted to throw that out there.

*grabs your collars* WHY WOULD THEY NOT COUNT? Q_Q IT JUST MADE SENSE IN MY MIND THAT IT WOULD NEGATE THE POINTS.
    I'm going to go slaughter those sticks when I get more recipes qq.

Also, does it also do that for regular kitchen dungeon? Like, when you kill the utensils or whatever, I don't remember what it was.

*chokes* no utensils don't count, kill all of em and use their remains to slaughter the rest of the foods.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    edited February 3, 2018
    fondue sticks don't count towards the pts they don't add or negate anything I know you said don't need anyone else saying things but just wanted to throw that out there.

*grabs your collars* WHY WOULD THEY NOT COUNT? Q_Q IT JUST MADE SENSE IN MY MIND THAT IT WOULD NEGATE THE POINTS.
    I'm going to go slaughter those sticks when I get more recipes qq.

Also, does it also do that for regular kitchen dungeon? Like, when you kill the utensils or whatever, I don't remember what it was.

But yeah you said you mainly used mage correct? Then it be fine to just attack with the fondue stick, just equip a shield and empty hand in your other slot while you kill the utensils then it'll equipd straight to you when you pick it up and just attack with that since it lowers the foods def/prot. So you should be fine just doing that/aoe pets. I really hope this helps and i'm not just being pain probably repeating everyone ><
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    A pain? Are you kidding me? Not once yet have I heard that the fondue sticks don't count. Call me dumb as fudge-icle but
    YOU ARE MY FREAKING SAVIOR. THANK YOU.

Time to butcher some stupid ingredients.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    A pain? Are you kidding me? Not once yet have I heard that the fondue sticks don't count. Call me dumb as fudge-icle but
    YOU ARE MY FREAKING SAVIOR. THANK YOU.

Time to butcher some stupid ingredients.

So much plot twists... Never thought about that. Not like i care much because i kill them with bare hands only using Dance of Death once or twice and then i'm left to wait for about 4 minutes.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I um, guess I'm too weak character wise, so I can't finish the ingredients in time.
    This might be the first event I'm just unable to get the free pets, that aren't rng, guaranteed prize, because I can't fulfill the requirements.

I read all the advice already, no need to repeat them. *Sigh* As for the aoe pets, I don't understand how people are using them without mixing in the fondue sticks.

*sigh*...
    I mean I really do try, but I just can't seem to make it in time. It takes a while (5 hits) for me to lower their defense...
    And the fondue sticks are so in the way......
    *mumble grumble*...

What do you mean?
    You get rewards even if you afk for 12 mins...
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 3, 2018
    Yeah I guess I was the only one that was like... "Fondue sticks aren't on the list...I assume I gotta kill that outside the circle.. *progresses* omfg, it's so difficult to kill mobs with aoe while avoiding to kill sticks in the circle *mumble*..."
    Ahhhhh........

Opalthira wrote: »
    I um, guess I'm too weak character wise, so I can't finish the ingredients in time.
    This might be the first event I'm just unable to get the free pets, that aren't rng, guaranteed prize, because I can't fulfill the requirements.

I read all the advice already, no need to repeat them. *Sigh* As for the aoe pets, I don't understand how people are using them without mixing in the fondue sticks.

*sigh*...
    I mean I really do try, but I just can't seem to make it in time. It takes a while (5 hits) for me to lower their defense...
    *mumble grumble*...

What do you mean?

You get rewards, but if you never successfully make the cakes and complete the quests, you'll never get the pets.

(Sorry, I stated it in a way that's easy to misunderstand. What I meant is the free pets are not rng and are a guaranteed prize if you finish the quests.)
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 3, 2018
    Sherri
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Yeah I guess I was the only one that was like... "Fondue sticks aren't on the list...I assume I gotta kill that outside the circle.. *progresses* omfg, it's so difficult to kill mobs with aoe while avoiding to kill sticks in the circle *mumble*..."
    Ahhhhh........

Opalthira wrote: »

*sigh*...
    *mumble grumble*...

What do you mean?

You get rewards, but if you never successfully make the cakes and complete the quests, you'll never get the pets.

(Sorry, I stated it in a way that's easy to misunderstand. What I meant is the free pets are not rng and are a guaranteed prize if you finish the quests.)

Well it is a normal thought process of "yeah I don't think anyone wants to find knives and forks baked into their cakes"
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 3, 2018
    I'm going to go slaughter those sticks when I get more recipes qq..

It's funny but if you have a maid or butler partner and they die in the pot it actually lists them in the ingredients XD but they don't effect points. Only rats effect points, and they are not in this event. lol. For this event your main worry is hitting the fork right on time. I think even if you have less ingredients than you need, hitting the fork on time is most important

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You literally just have to complete the dungeon to get the pets 10 times for 10 days.
    You dont even need to do the mission all. All it does is increases drop chance based of performance.

• KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 3, 2018
    Really? When I was unable to make the cake(/kept failing the mission) because I couldn't finish the ingredients in time(even if I hit the fork at 5min), it didn't complete the daily, which in turn showed up in Chocolette's progress as 0 times for love and hate recipes. So I think you do need to do the dungeon and make the cake correctly.

Edit: I take back what I said, I was wrong. It counted when I had the wrong amount of ingredients when I hit the fork at Elapsed Time: 5 mins. Before I was doing it wrong by hitting it at Time Left: 5 mins. It still counted for the daily, too.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Someone I know claims they managed to get all 100's in less than 3 mins (waited till 5 mins then hit the fork) yesterday all with bash and some demigod thing... it's a constant struggle for me to NOT get the toothpicks in the red circle and having to clear out some of the unneeded ingredients in order for ones I do need to spawn...

I'm windmilling, bashing till my Stam goes to 0 (apparently 354 isn't enough by a long shot). Just today I managed to get above 75, while the rest were 50's or fails for too much ingredients due to the fondue sticks or not enough because trolling spawns... I can barely get all the ingredients in under 7 mins IF I AM LUCKY! O_O

I don't understand kitchen dungeons, and this event is anything BUT easy for me. Again, bashing to my hearts content as so many people keep saying to do that, run out of stamina since it's low for this and I have to chug down stam pots just to keep it up, and I'm about to go insane since it's asking for 5 mins and it takes me barely 7, IF I AM LUCKY with the spawns, to get all the ingredients...
    Second important thing is number of ingredients. Ratio seems to be more important than overall amount. You can check the quest scroll and info in the right hand corner for the number of each type of ingredients it suggests, try to keep the ratio about the same instead of going after one ingredient then another one if ur running short on time, as even if the amount is a bit less as long as the ratio is good it's ok

(i.e. it wants 17 chocolate and 17 flour and 8 spice, if you get 14 chocolate and 14 flour and 6 spice it will be better than 17 chocolate and 9 flour and 3 spice)

edit: the thing that drops the weapon might be a 'chocolate fondue stick' i havent entered the dungeon yet and i forgot the event is different than normal cooking dungeon XD

The love recipe is asking for 22 chocolate, 14 flour, and 7 spices... are you referring to the hate recipe with those numbers?
    spater wrote: »
    The "complete daily quest 8 times" requirement is finishing a recipe 8 times but, not necessarily 8 times in a row right? Or is it just talking to Chocolette and getting a recipe 8 times?

Seems every new day you can pick between Love and Hate, with 5 new chances per day. However the "complete 8 times" means "complete the event daily portion 8 times", not just do the dungeon 8 times total. Same goes with the 5 times for Love/Hate since you have to SHOW her, which IS the daily.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I like to start off killing a fondue stick then rage impact followed by lullaby. I charge up an ice spear and after i use it I swap staff with fondue stick then swap equipment to alchemy wep/shield and cast shock on myself. I swap back to fondue stick and when the ice spear shatters it will take out 4-5 waves before shock runs out. Then I can just hydra the rest to complete ingredients
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just LOVE it how the fondue sticks are Normal 3 hit weapons yet the ones we get in the boxes are Slow 3 Hit weapons.
    Yes, it's odd how that makes me livid, but at least I COULD USE BASH WITH THE EVENT ONES. smh
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Sherri wrote: »
    I just LOVE it how the fondue sticks are Normal 3 hit weapons yet the ones we get in the boxes are Slow 3 Hit weapons.
    Yes, it's odd how that makes me livid, but at least I COULD USE BASH WITH THE EVENT ONES. smh

Yeah, I got one from the event and was a bit disappointed that you couldn't use them in the cooking dungeon for the event. They should allow humans to dual wield the smaller axes and maces. Unless like MA Padan is really a hybrid giant.