Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wine making.... ugh

LinisterLinister
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
in Help
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but my last attempt the stats totaled 202, and was aged 56 days, which according to Wiki is barely acceptable, but the old priest rejected it again, that's twice where the numbers were barely above the minimum on the table but no. Any tips? That game is not easy I even got a better mouse and it still wasn't good enough
[Deleted User]Sesshi

Comments

• DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    oof... i dont know many people who actually do wine making. the ones who do it even say its a pain in the butt. ill ask them and see if they have any tips.
    [Deleted User]
  • LinisterLinister
    edited February 8, 2018
    Would be nice just to know what the quality requirements are so one doesn't waste time making a bottle that isn't up to snuff...
    (and I prefer a less acidic wine meself...)
    [Deleted User]
  • LinisterLinister
    but I need that sm ticket and that upgrade.....
    [Deleted User]
  • LinisterLinister
    that table what I was going off of, maybe I'm reading it wrong? Twice I had a bottle that was total cumulative value 203, and 210. 3 barrel changes and they were 56 age. And Pencast spit that stuff out and said "No ticket for you!" (okay he said his usual "you call that wine?")
    [Deleted User]
  • LinisterLinister
    All ranks excluding Novice, F, E, A, and 1 require a minimum of 2 wines to fulfill the requirements to rank the skill. Rank F requires a wine aged of 20, Rank E requires 13 completed wines, and Rank A needs 35 completed wines.
    An alternative to Ranks E and A is to age the wine to 30 and 55, respectively. Though cheaper, it is extremely time consuming.
    It would take 56 in-game-days (33.6 real hours / 1.4 real days / 1 day, 9 hours, 36 minutes) to get wine to age 20.
    It would take 84 in-game-days (50.4 real hours / 2.1 real days / 2 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes) to get wine to age 30.
    It would take 154 in-game-days (92.4 real hours / 3.85 real days / 3 days, 20 hours, 24 minutes) to get wine to age 55.
    It would take 280 in-game-days (1 real week) to get wine to age 100.

So HM, according to that wiki table you (and I) refer to, wine that scores 200 must have an age of 49 or more, and to reach age 49, you must go 3+ RL days, and a barrel change is required every 24 hours, so you have to change the barrel 3 times.

Now the wierd part is during my current latest effort, because of yesterdays server (unexpected) server maintenance which would have ruined my wine besides my own hand, I changed the barrel one hour early, did a very poor job of removing impurities, but actually picked up a point of acidity... go figure...
    [Deleted User]
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Linister wrote: »
    All ranks excluding Novice, F, E, A, and 1 require a minimum of 2 wines to fulfill the requirements to rank the skill. Rank F requires a wine aged of 20, Rank E requires 13 completed wines, and Rank A needs 35 completed wines.
    An alternative to Ranks E and A is to age the wine to 30 and 55, respectively.
    I thought you're asking for some other quest but if you really just need to rank wine making, just get to level 100+ (specific level will need calculation..) for RF. For all the other ranks, you just need to read books and make wines. Wine making is the easiest to level. I leveled it up to R1 within a few minutes after I figure out how to make wines. Iirc, I just need to buy either Blago Noir or Errans Sauvignon to make the wine.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited February 10, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @ShouK ~ Unfortunately; ranking the skill does not have any effect on your chances with Pencast or the quality of Wine you create. The OP is clearly after the Shadow Missions required to obtain either Marketplace Modification Coupon or Royal Castle Guard Weapon Upgrade Coupon (which coupon hasn't been specified, but that isn't particularly important either way). ~ Reading the thread helps you know what it's about. :sleeping:
    Obviously I stated that I thought the OP is asking for other quest at first but he suddenly mentioned about ranking skill and I said in my post IF he wants to rank the skill, I just offered the suggestion. If he don't and I misunderstand it, that's fine then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please don't mention me anymore, you're starting to really get on my nerves.
  • TechnixTechnix
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    edited February 10, 2018
    Linister, the scores required for your wine are misleading. If you score badly in ANY of the parts, you will get a bad score for the entire wine. Getting perfect 100's and a 10 will give you a zero quality wine.

You should be able to get perfect run on your first replacement, and maybe 80% on your second, and at worst, 50% on your third (at max draining speed). This should get you some passes to run the mission. Slow down the draining speed if it's too difficult but don't slow it down too much.

[start wine] [ wait 24 hours] [replace 100%] [ wait 24 hours] [replace ~80%] [ wait 24 hours] [replace ~50%]

Getting 100/100/100/20 is worse than 80/80/80/80

You get about 14 aging points every 24 hours. So you only need to replace the barrel twice to get 42 points.

start > wait 24hrs > (14) replace > wait 24 hrs > (28) replace > wait 24 hrs > (42)

100/100/100/42 gets you two SM passes
    [Deleted User]Zairak
  • LinisterLinister
    edited February 11, 2018
    BTW ranking wine making is easy, already r1 there, but it seems it doesn't have anything to do with making good wine. I will try to not get a bad hit on any of the 3 stats. However, in my experience, when I change barrels at 24hrs, when the game says NOW, I found that not changing the speed of the drain costs me acidity big time, and by speeding up the drain(?) a bit, was able to slow the acidity loss, but of course the purity gets hit. Usually playing that mini-game badly costs in purity, but my biggest hit is usually acidity and it does drop by 2nd barrel change to the 30's... will keep trying ... UGH

oh Technix ty for the tips!
    [Deleted User]
  • TechnixTechnix
    Mabinogi Rep: 665
    Oh, yes sorry, I've always used maximum drain speed. I just use middle mouse wheel and scroll up to do it faster.

I usually get perfect replacements for 1st and 2nd barrel changes and, most times, the 3rd but only because I play FPS a lot like CoD and Counterstrike.