Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Celtic Tribolt Special Upgrade question

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
in Help
Which special upgrade do tribolts benefit from the most. I looked on the wiki & blue upgrades look good, but not entirely sure about which to go with.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    The Tribolt wand is a special case, whereas if you have a certain amount of magic attack, red is more efficient.

If I remember correctly, it's a very high number, like 400 Magic Attack or somewhere around there.

Otherwise, blue is more efficient.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    @Korore Okay. Currently the tribolt has magic attack in the 30s, counting upgrades and reforges.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited January 23, 2017
    In general, when it comes to non-egoable magic weapons - you'd want to use blue upgrades for it, unless it's a tribolt. ( especially if the wand has a decently high roll ) The general use for a tribolt is for firebolt spam - and firebolt's damage scales better with max damage / battlefield overture than with magic attack - and this is from a DPS standpoint. ( which is irrelevant in most content - you'd be using it mostly for places such as Alban, Abyss Dungeons and... Phantasm?

> and if you're master mage and are near the INT cap, you probably have enough magic attack to make red upgrades more beneficial.

I'm no expert in this, but there's more in depth topics on other sites.
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/3y3uxw/how_to_special_upgrade_staff/
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/Mabinogi/comments/4lmfco/celtic_tribolt_wand_upgrade_path/
    -Removed-

Since yours has a higher MATK roll - for the sake of not buying/making another tribolt and going through the process of upgrading/reforging it again, use red upgrades. It's a lot more beneficial in the long run. If you're planning to use it for Alban, you'd probably want to get a casting speed ~20 reforge on it too.

... if you have the chaincasting +4 upgrade on it, that is.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Yes, the Chaincast+4 was a priority for me. As for the casting speed 20... I'm not that insane.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Casting Speed is a surprisingly easy reforge to get on a wand if it's already rank 1 with 3 lines. Next time we get a treasure chest event, you should throw the hundreds of free reforges at your wand and see what you get.