Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher won't load game library

DreadhawkDreadhawk
Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
in Technical Support
I will be going on vacation soon so I figured I would make sure my laptop is updated and the Launcher and Mabi clients are also updated.
It has only been about a month since I last used the laptop.

When I run the Nexon Launcher, I receive the log-in screen, but when I log-in with my information, the window disappears and then nothing happens for about 25-30 seconds, after which the log-in window reappears. My information is correct because I can log in to the website just fine, obviously (making this post) and I don't receive any kind of error when I log in.

Solutions I have tried:

1. Disabling windows firewall and antivirus software.
No go.

2. Running as administrator.
Nothing.

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Nexon Launcher.
Nope.

4. Ensuring all Windows files are up-to-date and rebooting multiple times.
Zip.

5. Deleted "Patch" and "Bin" folders in the Nexon Launcher x86 folder and forcing it to redownload/update.
Zilch.

6. Followed some steps about a command prompt line that may combat prevention of packets being sent out.
Nada.

I'm at a loss.
Has anyone experienced this? The only other thing I can think of is wiping everything out related to Nexon and trying again, but I really don't want to reinstall Mabi, lol.

I've already submitted a ticket but figured I'd ask here as well, just to get more ideas.
Please and thanks.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Is your UAC level set to high? Also in your internet options under the security tab click the 'Reset all Zones to Default Level' button (windows can and will increase the security while surfing the internet without notifying you). Do you have adware/popup blockers installed? They like to cause problems with Nexon software too. Did you add exceptions to DEP for all the exe's for Mabi and the launcher?
    Dreadhawk
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    @Ktty

I had already added exceptions using the DEP editing.
    No adware/popup blockers aside from uBlock Origin chrome extension.

UAC levels are at their lowest.
    Reset all the zones but they were only on medium (which is the lowest available) in the first place.

Still getting the same issue. :(

• DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Update:

Also attempted to copy all files related to the nexon launcher and mabi from my desktop (where there are no issues) to my laptop, with no success.
    I did try to run Mabi using the launcher within the appdata folder but that didn't work either.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    edited January 21, 2017
    @Hardmuscle

I already have both versions installed. Redownloaded and installed again just to be safe.

No help. :(
  • KttyKtty
    You make it sound as if you've played Mabi on it before and it worked. If that's the case then last thing I can think of is one of the updates to the system must have broke something for Mabi. In that case, rolling back or uninstalling any of the updates since it last worked would likely allow it to run again.
    Dreadhawk
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    edited January 22, 2017
    @Ktty

That's right. I typically use it to play Mabi when I'm either on vacation or during AFK event when I need my desktop for something else. I've already attempted system restore to before the holidays to a date that I knew I had played on it but that also did not work.

It makes no sense.
    I'll attempt a complete re-install of everything tomorrow. I don't foresee it helping, but at this point I'll try anything.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Update:

So I went to remove everything from the HDD. Mabi isn't listed as being installed under the App/ Add&Remove programs window, even though the game clearly is, as evidenced by the folder and related files on my C: drive.

HOWEVER, the Mabinogi-specific launcher inside the Mabinogi folder now works to launch the game, even though it says it cannot connect to the server due to it being busy, etc. Funny enough, the Nexon Launcher is no longer installed, since I performed the above steps before trying the Mabi launcher.

The problem isn't fixed, but I have found a workaround.

Still confused.
  • KttyKtty
    @Dreadhawk at least you got it working. Now you won't have to go through withdrawals.
    Dreadhawk
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    I have had that problem, what solved it, was reinstalling the launcher, gets annoying after a while but works, trick is, just reinstall it without uninstalling, it will install over the previous one.