Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unable to progress through a quest

Sloth_senpaiSloth_senpai
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
Searched around the forums and couldn't find anyone with my issue, but I found a glitch during the quest "Yvona and Ailla's Time".
In order to progress and complete the quest, I have to complete "Strike a Cord" which is a short combat sequence given to the player via Yvona. Upon completion, one should be able to purchase the necessary instruments to complete Yvona and Ailla's Time by playing the instruments then speaking to Ailla.
The issue began when I exited out of the combat portion of Strike a Cord after the game has prompted me that the mission was successful. When I went to go speak with Yvona, I simply get the message, "You failed? You can always try again..."
This can be recreated perpetually, as I've completed the same mission several times and have gotten the EXP reward without fail.
With further inspection, I was told it the loop could be caused due to the fact that my "Dischord" skill was not advanced beyond novice, as the game is supposed to advance my Dischord skill from an F rank, not Novice. I learned the skill and got it to rank F, then retried the combat sequence again to see if it would fix the issue and allow me to progress, but with no luck.

One important detail I should mention, I do have a Lyre in the video, but that instrument was obtained from a friend who was willing to help me out. Progression through the Ailla's Time quest IS possible if you obtain the instruments required through a third-party seller other than Yvona. But I don't really know where else to get a microphone for the last portion of the quest since the shop is inaccessible through Yvona.

I'm assuming it's just a programming error that won't allow me to trigger the next portion of the quest line. I've attached a video as well.
Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you. :)

VIDEO:
Server: Alexina
In-game name: Zilianaa

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited February 6, 2018
    This quest is to kill the bandits using dischord.
    Using any other method doesn't count toward the quest.

You're using chain skills, so it won't count.
    You need to kill them using dischord.

Dischord's usable even at Rank Novice, so that's not a problem.
    As long as you still have kills via dischord left for the quest, Yvona will say you've failed and will give you the quest again.

Also, Microphones can be purchased from a great variety of NPCs.
    Walter over in Dunbarton sells them, for example.
    [Deleted User]