Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10th Anniversary Player Video Submission

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited February 7, 2018 in Vault
Hello Milletians,

As you all know, Mabinogi is proudly coming up on a HUGE milestone, our 10th Anniversary! We can’t begin to express how grateful we are for all of the Milletians that have made Mabinogi and, more importantly, its community such a wonderful phenomenon!

We would really love to hear from YOU, our beloved Milletians. What moment in the past 10 years of Mabinogi really made you realize that this was more than just a game? Let us know by recording an IRL video of yourself, details below.

00J8x-4233a726-d6f9-4f80-8034-dee2e7eaf0fc.jpg

Questions to help guide you:

• What is your fondest or earliest memory of Mabinogi?
  • What does Mabinogi mean to you?
  • In all of your Mabinogi possessions, what holds the deepest sentimental value to you?

Submission Details:
Submission Dates: Tuesday, Feb. 6 - Wednesday, Feb. 28

• Record an awesome video of yourself
  • One video per account
  • Please shoot in Landscape mode
  • Video must be under 45 seconds
  • Size cannot exceed 100 MB
  • Please try and record in the highest quality you can

Submit Video HERE

We can't wait to see your awesome vids!

- The Mabinogi Team

Terms and Conditions:

By entering, each individual submitting an uploaded video (the “Submitter”) represents and warrants that his or her entry (and Nexon America Inc.’s and its designees' use thereof) does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Submitter further represents and warrants that he or she has secured the requisite consent from any third party referenced or appearing in their entries. To the extent that anyone under the age of 18 appears in a video, the Submitter represents and warrants that the minor's parents consented to the minor's appearance in the video and the public display of the video on YouTube or similar video services. Nexon reserves the right in its sole discretion to select the videos that will be included in the final video compilation. Submitters will retain copyright in their work, but each Submitter grants to Nexon America Inc. a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the submitted video in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Submitter also waives any and all moral rights in the submitted video with respect to any use by Nexon America Inc., its designees, sublicensees, or assigns. Nexon America Inc. and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Nexon America Inc. and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Submitter or any third party.
By clicking on [SUBMIT] I agree to the terms and conditions as stated.
CrimsọnJazmynNegumikoGGOKirito2mikemiller[Deleted User]

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I'm not good at making videos, but I wish everyone else the best of luck.
    [Deleted User]
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Okay so question about all this those who do submit videos will the videos only be viewed by the nexon staff or will the videos people submit be published for everyone to view? Cause I'm very shy and terrified of those kinds of things.
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 6, 2018
    Okay so question about all this those who do submit videos will the videos only be viewed by the nexon staff or will the videos people submit be published for everyone to view? Cause I'm very shy and terrified of those kinds of things.

It may, or may not, be published for others to see:

"Nexon reserves the right in its sole discretion to select the videos that will be included in the final video compilation. Submitters will retain copyright in their work, but each Submitter grants to Nexon America Inc. a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the submitted video in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. Submitter also waives any and all moral rights in the submitted video with respect to any use by Nexon America Inc., its designees, sublicensees, or assigns. Nexon America Inc. and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as Nexon America Inc. and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Submitter or any third party."
    [Deleted User]
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Liyeta wrote: »
    nope, too shy to make a video. can't it be a story submission instead ?

I'd be cool with story submissions I been playing since the beginning and got tons of stories and happy moments just 1 45 secs isn't much time and 2 again haha.... no on the filming self idea.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 6, 2018
    I wonder though, since the video can only be 45 seconds and no more...why don't we just show our favorite spots? I mean you're going to hack up our videos anyway for the compilation. Honestly I'm just going to visit a few locations and dump them to you guys. You can do the editing. lol.

Oh boy I didn't read clearly.

TNF4YGm.png

IRL? IRL??????? Nope nope nope nope. You know what kind of hermits we all are??? Smh.
    VeylaineShadoe[Deleted User]
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    It is really a great idea and you can't stop people from trolling and saying bad things...but NX staff is supposed to moderate their game as well as forums. I think if they did that more fluently to be seen by the community...especially in game...I don't think people would mind doing such an event. Not saying that no one will do this event, but you lose quite a handful of players not participating because of things that are passively unrelated to the events that directly effect it.
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    It is really a great idea and you can't stop people from trolling and saying bad things...but NX staff is supposed to moderate their game as well as forums. I think if they did that more fluently to be seen by the community...especially in game...I don't think people would mind doing such an event. Not saying that no one will do this event, but you lose quite a handful of players not participating because of things that are passively unrelated to the events that directly effect it.

This I guess.
    [Deleted User]
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I am far to shy to even make a video so there is no way I could submit one. the thought of anyone viewing it even just the nexon staff would feel like a panic attack waiting to happen and if they ever made these videos public it would probably kill me :s good luck to those will submit videos though, you are brave warriors :) irl is the scariest part of this, the whole point of socializing in mmos is so you never have to show your face.
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 7, 2018
    Lol. Not a chance for me. Because i suck talking in english, i'm too shy to show my gremlin face and also have no idea how to make a proper video. I don't even have decent equipment to make one. I think...
    Miuna[Deleted User]
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I thought about it.. but the idea of acting all sentimental over mabi is too cringe for me to do. Maybe 10years ago. Not now~

[Deleted User]Crimsọn
  • EirawenEirawen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Oh.. Record in real life... oh no, no, no, no. >:^ (
    [Deleted User]
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    10 years! WEW!! \o/ I hope something big happens!

To think, on the 16th I will have been playing Mabinogi (starting from KR) for 12 years now. Not once have I took a hiatus that lasted more than a week (damn hurricanes).
    BUT! If you count Closed Beta, NA has already hit the 10 year mark on Jan 30th.

R--recording self IRL..? cvfwqLg.png
    [Deleted User]Crimsọn
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Greta wrote: »
    Lol. Not a chance for me. Because i suck talking in english, i'm too shy to show my gremlin face and also have no idea how to make a proper video. I don't even have decent equipment to make one. I think...

My case too. My spoken English is not exactly the best, I would look awkward all the way cus too shy and I don't think I could pull a nice 45secs max video... :(
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Well, maybe next time you'll allow us to tape our characters or do an animation or something, but I'm too socially anxious to make IRL videos.
    [Deleted User]
  • JTShadowJTShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 395
    As a new player whos loving this game, I'm excited to see what others may submit. Its just a shame that I've only been here for less than a month and so I don't have many memories to share yet.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I saw this from yesterday... so we have to record ourselves in real life to make a short video to submit to NA Nexon?

I’m quite shy plus it doesn’t help that I’m deaf in real life which mean I have to resort to making the index cards to show or just add in the subtitles for people to understand so it’s even more work for me...

I don’t know, I’ll see...
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    "Please shoot in Landscape mode"
    Uweehehehehe
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I wish we had a bit more than 45 seconds to work with...although I'm betting they're going for a compilation.
    "I'll do my best!" ~Nino
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 8, 2018
    Well at least there is a couple willing people. I don't think this will work as well as you guys thought it would though.

I reeeeeally suggest that you guys change it from irl to our characters in-game. You'll get way more submissions.
    [Deleted User]
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Gaea wrote: »
    Well at least there is a couple willing people. I don't think this will work as well as you guys thought it would though.

I reeeeeally suggest that you guys change it from irl to our characters in-game. You'll get way more submissions.

Maybe they could do both? :)

If my theory is correct in the end, I like the idea they're going for; but I also understand where us introverts are coming from. (You wont see me do a video, in-game or IRL, lol.)

I do think we should give it a chance though, and if it doesn't work this time, they'll know not to do it again later?