Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Just a Reminder of the Stars

KinsenKinsen
Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
edited February 7, 2018 in General Chat
The Diamond Jeweler gacha(Deadline: Feb. 14th) and Fine reforge box(Deadline: Feb. 7th) are the last obtainable way for anyone to obtain any stars to use for Stars shop(Deadline: Feb. 28th)

Sky's Night Sky Shop Event:
http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00J8I

Comments

• SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Thanks, I didn't see that before and assumed there's be one more Gatcha. Which seems absurd, the star event lasts until the end of February and we'll probably have a new Gatcha this week or next, plenty of time to make those star ones too.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I feel like folks were a bit less apt to buy the Diamond Jeweler boxes since the outfits/wings were less hyped for than other gachas, so the stars were needed to sweeten the deal. But yeah, the timing is weird.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited February 8, 2018
    There will be more stars. http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/news/event_view.asp?id=4886177

I think this is how Nexon is attempting to combat the upcoming backlash of the lootbox situation. Sky's store will become a recurring thing in a attempt to "reward" the players for their purchases. (Similar to going to an arcade and winning tickets to spend on JUNK). So if you actually dumped money into this, you can save your stars for when they have another gacha that rewards stars for these purchases.

You know arcades are becoming extinct right Nexon?

We'll be here for many years to come. We will educate your whipper snappers. XD
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Speaking of stars, I took a close-up screenshot of someone's Moriko's Computer Desk chair, and the right monitor's picture was taken from KR's Web Shop during a time when they were selling some Star-items.

383e1826ff.jpg
    [Deleted User]CrimsọnNegumikopawcalypseJazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah basically it's going to become a "reward" system to encourage purchase of their gachas. The problem with this is that it does not reward players with current gacha content. Just really old stuff that you can't really resell for a lot of gold.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea - I can't remember the name of it.. (it was sort of like mini bowling without pins... the ball would go into different holes for different points based on your roll. ... ... and your score would determine the amount of tickets you could use to buy things). Arcades were famous for this type thing in the 80s .. (omg i cant remember the name of it.. -- why you do this to me .. i feel like a senile dinosaur .. lol) .-=.

Skee ball?
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 8, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Gaea - I can't remember the name of it.. (it was sort of like mini bowling without pins... the ball would go into different holes for different points based on your roll. ... ... and your score would determine the amount of tickets you could use to buy things). Arcades were famous for this type thing in the 80s .. (omg i cant remember the name of it.. -- why you do this to me .. i feel like a senile dinosaur .. lol) .-=.

Skee-ball. -pats- Yeah I am that old, and can't be bothered to scroll down. XD

But yes that is the PERFECT analogy for this "new" system.

Nexon we're onto you. We'll pass this through legislation too.
    [Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    inb4 today's gacha is that cupid one or something similar.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Speaking of stars, I took a close-up screenshot of someone's Moriko's Computer Desk chair, and the right monitor's picture was taken from KR's Web Shop during a time when they were selling some Star-items.

383e1826ff.jpg

they also appear to have the updated VIP service on the far right to either taunt us or as a sign that the VIP update may be soon.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Iyasenu wrote: »

383e1826ff.jpg

Now if only we can find out who they screenshot in game
    :v