Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[EXTENDED] Naco Commerce Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited February 16, 2018 in Vault
Varmints are back on the highways of Erinn and it's time to protect the caravans and keep trade alive! The Naco Commerce Event is back, and you'll be tangling with mighty bandits as they try to prevent commerce from thriving. And for those that aren't a fan of the violence, stick to making money with a 30% boost to Commerce Ducats, Gold and EXP!

00J2z-fad4719f-8100-407f-8b75-1f1f207b70ce.jpg

UPDATE: Due to recent issues, the Naco Commerce Event has been extended! Please see the updated dates below.

Naco Commerce Event
Event Dates: Thursday, Feb. 9 - Wednesday, Mar. 7 Wednesday, Mar. 14

Event Details:

• Login to Mabinogi and receive the quest "Impetuous Red Bandit". If you did the event before, you must complete it with the same character registered from last time.
  • Speak to Naco at the Dunbarton Trading Post to register a Main Character for the event.
  • Every day after 7:00 AM PST (10:00 AM EST / 2:00 AM AEST / 4:00 PM CET), you can accept daily quests from the Dunbarton Trading Post, challenging you to protect caravans heading to various cities from bandit raids.
  • Bandit raids occur every 36 minutes(6 PM in-game time), and will last for 6 minutes.
  • Defend the wagon and defeat the Red Bandits to claim Red Bandit Badges.
  • Turn in the Badges to Naco for a variety of prizes, and complete the quests for the Elephant Chair!
  • Additionally, for the duration of the event, Commerce Ducats, Gold and EXP is increased by 30%!
  • A 6 slot Rental Wagon with an 800 weight capacity will also be available to use for free for the duration of the event.

Red Bandit Badge Rewards:

• 5x Red Bandit Badges: 1x Surprise Box, filled with new Homestead items!
  • Purchase 10 Surprise Boxes and receive a Bamboo Hat.
  • Purchase 20 Surprise Boxes and receive a Fan Dance Motif.
  • Purchase 30 Surprise Boxes and receive a Treehouse Homestead item.
  • Purchase 45 Surprise Boxes and receive a Hanbok Sheep Whistle.
  • Max of 3 Surprise Boxes purchased per day.

Surprise Box Rewards:

• Bamboo Hat
  • Carpentry Workbench
  • Mabiland Stage Drop
  • Overflowing Fountain
  • Glittering Tree
  • Filia Well
  • Long Oven
  • Wooden Table
  • Wooden Bench
  • Stone Bench
  • Shiny Wood
  • Anchor Statue
  • Round Fountain
  • Stone Fountain
  • Paper Sheep
  • Doll Kiosk
  • Wine Kiosk
  • Vales Torch
  • Fish Drying Counter
  • Grapefruit Basket
  • Wood Chip

00J8l-3fae3ced-fc0d-42a2-87d8-dd30a4252b79.png
[Deleted User]lilblkroseDianusiaMabskmkpawcalypseJazmynPankooda

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yaknow what

I really like how this event allows a lot of extra time to complete it. 15 days for the whistle + almost 2 more weeks just in case.

Some of the recent events had tight durations which were kinda stressful. I just barely got the fishing chair and didn't even bother with the hide and seek titles. This is a really nice change.
    MabskmkDianusia
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited February 10, 2018
    Has anyone else noticed that the quest where you help out a town says to give them 1 badge but it takes 5? You try to give him 1 and it says come back when you have 5. Perhaps the quest text could be changed to say the correct number you need?
    Shadoe
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited February 10, 2018
    I am unable to participate in this event due to a glitch.

I was on Ch 1 Ruairi yesterday after I registered and decided to help out Nico at Tir for that day when it crashed (everyone in that channel alone got DC'd as the channel had the "Server Booting" tag instead of "Busy" or "Normal" when I logged back in). I return and I no longer get a prompt with Nico (at Tir) regarding the event but only for regular commerce.

I can collect red bandit badges and trade them in, but only for 5k ducats each and not for event prizes.

I am stuck with the Help Nico at Tir event daily and the Bandit Hunter quests that I cannot get rid of (there is no Give Up button), and it is the day after that incident.

No sheep or prizes for me...
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Could we also not make the badges disappear so fast? I'm having trouble collecting them before they poof while I'm trying to deal with all of them at once.
    Shadoe
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    LongSly wrote: »
    I am unable to participate in this event due to a glitch.

I was on Ch 1 Ruairi yesterday after I registered and decided to help out Nico at Tir for that day when it crashed (everyone in that channel alone got DC'd as the channel had the "Server Booting" tag instead of "Busy" or "Normal" when I logged back in). I return and I no longer get a prompt with Nico (at Tir) regarding the event but only for regular commerce.

I can collect red bandit badges and trade them in, but only for 5k ducats each and not for event prizes.

I am stuck with the Help Nico at Tir event daily and the Bandit Hunter quests that I cannot get rid of (there is no Give Up button), and it is the day after that incident.

No sheep or prizes for me...

Other people are reporting the same thing in other threads. Try submitting a support ticket.
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    I have a stupid question...where do they spawn? I've been sitting at dumbarton trading post with everyone but it's been an hour and I don't see any attacks
  • ShadoeShadoe
    edited February 10, 2018
    I have a stupid question...where do they spawn? I've been sitting at dumbarton trading post with everyone but it's been an hour and I don't see any attacks

They don't ever spawn right at the trading posts. In Dun, you have to go a bit further north, and sometimes a bit to the east (more likely) or west. You'll need to either be lucky and at the right spot, or be on a mount so you can race to the right spot. It's at 6:00-6:10pm in-game time. Waiting for it at other times won't help, but it's possible you can at least hit the boss a few times and get a ticket from him if he's not killed too fast. You're better off trying another town. Everyone tends to go to Dun.
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Shadoe wrote: »

They don't ever spawn right at the trading posts. In Dun, you have to go a bit further north, and sometimes a bit to the east (more likely) or west. You'll need to either be lucky and at the right spot, or be on a mount so you can race to the right spot. It's at 6:00-6:10pm in-game time. Waiting for it at other times won't help, but it's possible you can at least hit the boss a few times and get a ticket from him if he's not killed too fast. You're better off trying another town. Everyone tends to go to Dun.

Ah I see, thanks! Which city do you recommend most and is easiest to find?
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Someone posted this in another thread:
    Chakylin wrote: »
    Tir - Next to trading post
    Dunbarton - North of the city
    Tail - Tail East MG near the trading post
    Emain - Northern Gate MG (the one you use for girg raids)
    Tara - By the main MG, about 1/3 to stonehenge
    Bangor - Just north of town

And what is easiest to have a chance in (before they're all killed by someone else) depends on your server, channel, time you play, etc. So you'll probably have to find out yourself.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Other people are reporting the same thing in other threads. Try submitting a support ticket.

Did, now we play the waiting game.......gonna get a response 10 days before the event ends, I just know it.
    Shadoe
  • ShadoeShadoe
    LongSly wrote: »

Did, now we play the waiting game.......gonna get a response 10 days before the event ends, I just know it.

Good luck. And check back in the forums now and again in case someone finds a solution.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Probably Tir Chonaill, Bangor and Tara are the most easy ones to find in my opinion. All of these are literally few meters away from main moongates so it's easy to spot.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »

Probably Tir Chonaill, Bangor and Tara are the most easy ones to find in my opinion. All of these are literally few meters away from main moongates so it's easy to spot.

Forgot that emain is directly on top of the north moongate.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    edited February 10, 2018
    Got a response ~1hr ago of wanting some more information... namely screenshot of my inventory and the last time I used the badges (currently only collecting for the time being)... and any error messages (if any, which are none)... starting to have my doubts as I don't understand why they asked for more information. Regardless I sent them a screenshot of my inventory with all the bags open and verification that this is the first time I'm taking part in the event and no other character was used in past events, especially since I was able to register with my current main.

Waiting game continues...
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Okay, been at this for two days now and only been able to get badges from the big guy (Sometimes not even then!)

Is it really supposed to be one badge every 36 mins of waiting around?

3 hours to just do a single daily, with an additional 9 hours to get all 3 boxes for the day?

So far I've only been able to get one box, total!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Okay, been at this for two days now and only been able to get badges from the big guy (Sometimes not even then!)

Is it really supposed to be one badge every 36 mins of waiting around?

3 hours to just do a single daily, with an additional 9 hours to get all 3 boxes for the day?

So far I've only been able to get one box, total!

Are you killing bandits with Bare Hands?
    You won't get badges from killing the bandits if you're bare-handed.

Also, you can commerce for badges.
    1 badge per 5k profit, basically.
    JazmynMabskmk
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Killing with Dance of Death, have to use an AOE to compete with people popping in from another channel, snap casting fireball twice and popping to next channel. and they really should put such an absurd stipulation as "Will not drop barehanded" In the news posts

As for Commerce earnings, that would be 1 badge every 45 mins instead of 36
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    Silly question, how does one "register a region". I still have that quest and I'm not sure how to complete it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »
    Silly question, how does one "register a region". I still have that quest and I'm not sure how to complete it.

Talk to Naco he'll ask you where you want to go.
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »

Talk to Naco he'll ask you where you want to go.

Yea he's giving me nothing, time to submit a ticket...