Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do wep upgrades and reforge effects STACK?? Help!

BoliviaAmberBoliviaAmber
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
Hi, my friend gave me a crystal lightning wand with reforge Rank 1, 12 casting speed. At the time it had no wand upgrades on it. From what I remember using it, it cast my spells pretty dang fast. The Rank 1 12 level, I'm pretty sure, should be about an 18% increase in speed. THEN -- I started using the 240 upgrade path on it, because it had 100 prof on it and I didn't want to waste that prof. Long story short, I can't really tell, but.... since starting the wand upgrades (I'm at 3/5 atm) my casting speed appears to be slower??? So, did the crappy upgrade seq for casting speed take over my reforge casting speed, or is it all in my head?? Do these effects work together or no?

My wand says all of this stuff: Decrease Mana Consumption -6%
Charging Speed +7%
Magic Att -5

1 Rank
Casting Speed 12 Level

Are both of these speeds not working together? Did I ruin my wand by starting an upgrade sequence? Help

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    They should stack, but I believe there is a cap on how fast you can cast spells.

Unless you picked an upgrade that increases cast time, you shouldn't be casting any slower.

Try casting Vivace to further boost your casting speed and see if you cast any faster. If not, you're probably at the casting speed cap.
    BoliviaAmberFrahaleah
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    @Korore Very helpful. I myself had no idea there was even a cast speed cap.