Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf without Play Dead?

SilentCrySilentCry
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Help
Hey, Silent here.

So I was helping out a friend and learned that they didn't have the play dead action, and they are an elf? I looked up on the wiki and talked to some Mabi players and everyone says that an elf should get the play dead action in character creation, but for some reason he doesn't have it. He says his only actions are, Basic attack, Hide, and Continent Warp. Any ideas?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I didn't know Elves automatically learned it.

Does your friend also not have the quest "Tracy's Escape Route" to learn it that way?
    [Deleted User]
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    :x My many elves ive made have never once gotten it by default, you have to do the quest like the human does.
  • SilentCrySilentCry
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    They said they don't have the "Tracy's escape route" quest. Could this be a Mabi bug?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    SilentCry wrote: »
    They said they don't have the "Tracy's escape route" quest. Could this be a Mabi bug?

Hard to tell, since there's a lack of information.

How far is your friend's Elf into the game?
    What's their Cumulative Level?
    What quests do they have (in all the quest tabs).
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    edited February 14, 2018
    SilentCry wrote: »

Its weird, on the wiki it says they learn it after creation as well.. i guess keep trying the main quests for a bit, if it doesnt come up later on then maybe it is a bug?
    Also found this
    http://mabination.com/archive/index.php/t-59549.html

Seem's it wasnt just your friend who has had this issue.
  • WarasWaras
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have the same issue, Im an elf, I completed tracy's quest and still didnt received "play dead", pls fix...
  • WarasWaras
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    nevermind got it the other day when logged in
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 8, 2020
    At least elves have a backup: hide. Try going through life as a giant; no play dead (granted we're big lumbering oafs that just chew up the scenery), no hide, and we can't even throw a rock!