[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

why no one is holding any concert in emain macha ?

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,040
edited February 15, 2018 in General Chat
true, there is changes but there is work around for it.

one person could set up a party and book the stage.
a person/group that want to perform could join the party, get on stage, perform, then leave party
repeat for the next performance.

i think it is better compare to hosting one in homestead.

Comments

• ZairakZairak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    I guess that depends on your server.

In Tarlach, we hold at least one a month, and free play events weekly at Lake Calida.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,465
    edited February 15, 2018
    "like before some update people could just walk up and spam all sorts of garbage
    overplaying, pet summons and junk
    then they made it so you could restrict actions in the venue so people couldnt troll
    but people could still spam right outside of it too, which is lame(edited)"

So literally no different than anywhere else in the world
    I remembering being told there was a song time limit requirement and restriction?

"i dont recall that part tho
    maybe?"

so people basically dont use it because of trolling?

"right"

All of this plus you get full control of the audience in a homestead.
    Because you can kick and ban people from your homestead.

I Guess you could also argue that you can customize your homestead to certain seasonal events too.
    Basically for me Pros>Cons
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 41,920
    Music Q died long ago... Also, not a lot of people are aware that you are able to hold concerts in Emain Macha stage now.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Greta wrote: »
    Music Q died long ago... Also, not a lot of people are aware that you are able to hold concerts in Emain Macha stage now.

yes after music q update concerts are moved to emain restaurant. after a few concert it just poofed and the tradition stopped.

i heard they move because the stage mechanic didn't match the concert format at that time.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited February 16, 2018
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

yes after music q update concerts are moved to emain restaurant. after a few concert it just poofed and the tradition stopped.

i heard they move because the stage mechanic didn't match the concert format at that time.

The concerts randomly died off, (they died off before music q's release) The last concert was the last week of October 2016.
    Me and another person were basically hosting them.
    When we did host we had to do it by bugle and people would come and duel or stand on the "stage" basically be nuisances. Even if you blocked them it had no effect on them because their sounds effects still go through even when blocked.
    Barely anybody ever came when the concerts died off anyway, it was just the like same 5 people and literally 90% would leave before the first hour ended.
    iirc the last concert i tried to host was during/before music q's release and it was just me and one other person so we cancelled.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    aww that sucks. isn't the new stage have sound effect and overplaying cancelling though ?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Liyeta wrote: »
    aww that sucks. isn't the new stage have sound effect and overplaying cancelling though ?

You can apparently stand outside of the stage's area and overplay from there and it will affect the staging area.
    Hardmuscle
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    Because the game is dead.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Pan wrote: »
    Because the game is dead.

this shut off all effort in making the community more active.
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,315
    edited February 16, 2018
    whats the point of concerts, just start playing music in tir chonail and randos will join lul

hell last time i played i was just talking with a friend and 5 randos came out of nowhere and started playing weebs... i mean quality songs :trollface:

and they just kept on gathering so yeah....
    pawcalypse
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,635
    Ruairi had a music contest / concert not too long ago. And it was AWESOME! I forget who hosted it though...probably was the Simply Guild...mind's fuzzy there.

But a lot of people showed up and the performances were great! There were solo performances and group performances. And did I mention this was in Emain?

But yeah, if people utilize discord and get the word out there, people WILL show up and it won't look like the 'dead game' so many are crying mabinogi is.
    Jazmyn
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Ruairi had a music contest / concert not too long ago. And it was AWESOME! I forget who hosted it though...probably was the Simply Guild...mind's fuzzy there.

But a lot of people showed up and the performances were great! There were solo performances and group performances. And did I mention this was in Emain?

But yeah, if people utilize discord and get the word out there, people WILL show up and it won't look like the 'dead game' so many are crying mabinogi is.

how did they manage the stage rental ?
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    I don't know the details about any 'stage rental'. >_>

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,565

Aw... I wish I would have known about this... I dont use Discord and don't plan on it... I wish people did party advertising for this kind of thing....

My husband and I were playing on the stage in Festia the other day just cause, but Ive never seen anything going on in Emain..
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Hmm...just went through my screenshots and that event in Emain (on the Ruairi server) was apparently back in June 2017...still sooner than 2016!
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,565
    edited February 17, 2018
    Hmm...just went through my screenshots and that event in Emain (on the Ruairi server) was apparently back in June 2017...still sooner than 2016!

Ah ok. So it still happened before I started playing again. Thanks for the added information. :)
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,875
    a suggestion which will not bring the nexon moar money?
    sure, go on
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Hazurah wrote: »
    a suggestion which will not bring the nexon moar money?
    sure, go on

so edgy
    much wow.

i think you are in the wrong sub forum.
    this is general. A place to discus things in mabinogi. if i want to.submit suggestion i would post it in feedback and suggestions sub forum. plus nexon don't have to do anything about it since music concert is usually player driven event.