Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Exploration xp conversion to character xp

FrahaleahFrahaleah
Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
edited January 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Since exploration level is capped at a lower level (50) than character level (200), there are a few players that max out exploration often, yet still get artifacts, at which after hitting Exploration level 50, said artifacts have no point. So the idea is, once the character has hit level 50 Exploration, any turned in/sold artifacts are exchanged for character xp instead of exploration xp.

It would be useful in that those that get level 50 exploration regularly can still turn in/sell artifacts without feeling like the artifacts are being wasted. Plus it would give players an incentive to get exploration up to max.

Now I know players can buy rebirth potions from other players, but you have to remember, those potions are NOT sold in the item shop, nor from npcs, so the only supply of rebirth potions is coming from events, and even then, events that give rebirth potions are uncommon to rare, so there is never a steady supply of rebirth potions.

There is also the 39 pon cost of rebirthing into/staying in the exploration talent, Treasure Hunter, which as most players know, gives access to a Treasure Hunter talent only treasure dungeon, that gives an artifact worth up to 50k exploration xp, and you get at max 3 of them if you get lucky, which is a major chunk of exploration xp. Back to the pon part, sure it's 39 pon, which equates to around $40, but you have to remember that adds up fast with weekly rebirths and limited rebirth potions, so players will want to stay in the current talent.

So because of the level cap to exploration, coupled with the limited availability of rebirth potions, and pon cost to stay in the exploration talent. Making artifacts give character xp instead of wasted exploration xp once the player has hit level 50 Exploration would make quite a bit of sense.

IGN: Frahaleeh
Server: Ruairi

Comments

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    My only question to this is, whats the harm in saving the artifacts till your next rebirth? It frees up your time to do other things if you have a huge pile of artifacts. Exploration im sure as well was not intended to be a main leveling system, its kind of like a reward for experiencing side content. I do love this idea, but I can attest to making exp much faster doing shadow missions or dungeons rather than l-rod/rafting/iria dungy for artifacts. The only time exploration levels matter the most in my opinion, is when you are below 1k total and rebirth much more often, allowing you to gain AP without breaking the 1k benefits cap. But, that's just my opinion.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    To answer your question about holding onto the artifacts till a rebirth, they don't stack, sure they could be put in pets, but even that has a limit. As for the 'reward for experiencing side content', by definition, shadow missions and dungeons fall under the 'side content' category as well.