Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10th Anniversary Celebration Part 1

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    So just found out about this when I went to turn the Developer's Thank-you Note book in after finishing it. Apparently you can get x5 Festia Instant Prize Coins a day from him by using the developer letters (not collecting them but use) and getting the stamps from them. They stack, they don't have a timer, he will take 5 stamps a real life day to give you 5 coins. I didn't see this on any of the event info stuffs so yeah wanted to just give a heads up about that.

Only the Instant Festia Coins though not the mabi coins. :L
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Opalthira wrote: »
    So just found out about this when I went to turn the Developer's Thank-you Note book in after finishing it. Apparently you can get x5 Festia Instant Prize Coins a day from him by using the developer letters (not collecting them but use) and getting the stamps from them. They stack, they don't have a timer, he will take 5 stamps a real life day to give you 5 coins. I didn't see this on any of the event info stuffs so yeah wanted to just give a heads up about that.

Only the Instant Festia Coins though not the mabi coins. :L

Yeah would be nice if it was both but just wanted to let others know incase people be unlucky with filling the book and never talking to the guy to find out. Honestly it took me 11 hours of running baltane basic/elite missions before I finally got the last note I needed. Like I feel they make it harder to get the last note but what annoyed me more was I needed 23 and a ton of 22 and 24 kept dropping the most.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited March 10, 2018
    Yeah would be nice if it was both but just wanted to let others know incase people be unlucky with filling the book and never talking to the guy to find out. Honestly it took me 11 hours of running baltane basic/elite missions before I finally got the last note I needed. Like I feel they make it harder to get the last note but what annoyed me more was I needed 23 and a ton of 22 and 24 kept dropping the most.

11 hours...? You could've just done kitchen dungeon with hydra/AoE pet spam summoning ._. it only took me less than 30 mins to collect them all
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2018
    Chibisai wrote: »

11 hours...? You could've just done kitchen dungeon with hydra/AoE pet spam summoning ._. it only took me less than 30 mins to collect them all

^^^^^ This. Finished the whole book within 30 minutes or so.

Dude, you wasted A LOT of time, should have done research first before this lol. Freaking 11 hours...
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Greta wrote: »

Dude, you wasted A LOT of time, should have done research first before this lol. Freaking 11 hours...

Yes I did do kitchen dungeon no it didn't drop in their either I know about the kitchen dungeon and had to have cp gear on to get them to boss it didn't want to drop at all for me.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited March 10, 2018

Yes I did do kitchen dungeon no it didn't drop in their either I know about the kitchen dungeon and had to have cp gear on to get them to boss it didn't want to drop at all for me.

There's always tendering pots if you didn't have -cp gears

It's better than 11 hours though... if you had them at boss level it's pretty much 30 mins-2 hours top.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    I have really terrible luck like when I was doing the Trials and succubus queen decided to stay in the air to do meteor I'm not being sarcastic here 9 times come down do the illusion thing go back up to do 4 more meteors and do another illusion. Ended up dying that run cause she hit me with thunder then ice spear three times in a row.
  • PankoodaPankooda

There's always tendering pots (past events pretty much dropped them like bomb) if you didn't have -cp gears

It's better than 11 hours though... if you had them at boss level it's pretty much 30 mins-2 hours top.

Like I said it didn't want to drop the 1 note for me was in kitchen dungeon for several hours going back and forth between baltane missions for quick gold and levels.
  • ZianthraZianthra
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Someone at Nexon has a serious axe to grind with the fattening quest because they seem hell bent on making it more boring every year.

Remember the first one where you made all these hilariously over the top foods and your character ended up huge and you had a good laugh at it?

Now? You feed some silly deer and nothing interesting happens whatsoever...yay...

Bring back the original. The new one is not even trying.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 10, 2018
    Zianthra wrote: »
    Someone at Nexon has a serious axe to grind with the fattening quest because they seem hell bent on making it more boring every year.

Remember the first one where you made all these hilariously over the top foods and your character ended up huge and you had a good laugh at it?

Now? You feed some silly deer and nothing interesting happens whatsoever...yay...

I actually like the idea of feeding deer instead of yourself, since your character can now avoid of getting so fat that you can't even fix it anymore until you can rebirth. Wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose so that people wouldn't need to face such issues again.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

I actually like the idea of feeding deer instead of yourself, since your character can now avoid of getting so fat that you can't even fix it anymore until you can rebirth. Wouldn't be surprised if they did this on purpose so that people wouldn't need to face such issues again.

Compromise, the deer gets fat instead, changing in appearance over the duration of the event, and at the end of the event, we roasted the staggeringly fat stag for tasty deer meat, which will buff the player with +1500 Luck, -1000 Karma upon consumption. o:)
    Zairak
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Compromise, the deer gets fat instead, changing in appearance over the duration of the event, and at the end of the event, we roasted the staggeringly fat stag for tasty deer meat, which will buff the player with +1500 Luck, -1000 Karma upon consumption. o:)
    Oh deer...

Yuugi-ep41-youvegottabekidding.jpg

edited March 10, 2018
    I apologize, but I don't want to gamble with my Mabinogi Coins. First of all, the Romantic Rose Outfits are solely found in those boxes, and the amount one can expect any few the equips may vary from 9 to a hundred. Considering the fact that the bag coupons are hefty, you're forcing me into a sadistic choice, or rather gamble, since I am on both a time limit, a daily limit, and thus a limited another of coins.
    OpalthiraJazmynSherriSatsuko
    edited March 11, 2018
    I actually have a few wishes for the foreseeable future. This event feels less than half all the previous celebrations. Why? Because Festia isn't integrated with the anniversary.

First off, where's the minigames that accompany previous celebrations? They are permanently a part of Festia. Yet, the anniversary is seemingly a distinctly apart from these games that made the previous anniversaries a bit more...social? The lack of integration of the permanent content of Festia and the anniversary makes it feel as if the anniversary merely took place in Festia because it can, and not to any necessity. I find it disappointing.

If it is going to take place in Festia, I expect it to utilize Festia to a certain extent.

Secondly, previous installments allows one to buy clothes outright, but this doesn't. Why? I don't wish to gamble with a limited supply of coins, choosing between clothing I desire and guaranteed bags. Yes, you can say I can sell or should go to the bags, but if everyone does it, then the clothes will be nonexistent.

Thirdly, Succubus Queen is way too annoying. Not difficult in terms of surviving, annoying. Having me sit on my ass for 2 minutes because of an unavoidable attack that reduces my damage output to 10s and 50s against a boss with over 200k health is tedious. And I am an elf, I can utilize hide and crisis to otherwise wait it out. What of the giants, who have no such measures? At least humans can final hit the boss if they are lucky. At least elves get Shine of Eweca and Final Shot.

Fourthly, there are no great incentives to participate in Cave of Trials. The chests aren't all that great besides stacking up on potions.

The instagame is poorly implemented in terms of preventing alternate spams, but seeing as how coins were the first to go, yet gold as of now is still an available way to win top prizes, I would say it is better this time around.

I don't like to criticze the updates, especially when it is split over a month, and not all of it is implemented. I think it needs to be said. It isn't bad. It is merely disappointing over what I expect of both an anniversary and a tenth one at that. So far.
    OpalthiraJazmynTHICCthighssavelivesSherri
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited March 14, 2018
    I like how Cave of Trials is geared toward combat, where the better you are at fighting, the better the rewards. I'd prefer to only get 1 conqueror chest per trial though (the highest earned) to cut down on clutter.

I wish the Fattening rewards were more dependent on life skills. Keep the fixed number of Mabi Coins from quest completion, but have the amount of instant coins depend on the type and quality of rose food given to the deer (and make us only feed it once per day, not three times). The final rose food must not be tradeable. Ingredients can certainly be traded. Those with low cooking skill can give the deer a simple mixing dish made with cheap ingredients, like the rose basil salad. Those with high level cooking can give the deer something like a rose pie. Please give the option to make food with easy-to-acquire ingredients but a lot of steps, as well as single step foods using rare ingredients.

Make the rose dishes caterable (give rose food lower stats or and exp timer to prevent abuse) to naturally encourage catering right outside the Cave of Trials. This integrates the Fattening with the Cave of Trials. The 'Good Mood' buff and quest already works well with Cave of Trials, good job!

Also, Waifu/Husbando community contest could have been merged with the Festia popularity contest. It's a long shot, I know, since NA community has little influence on events developed in Korea, but it would've been nice. Speaking of the Festia contest, the winning NPC should get a 'I love (NPC)' shirt sold at the Festia vendors carts. The losing NPC should be killed off in the game lore permanently. Make another event out of it. :)
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Can someone tell me, why I would ever pick Lorna's Adventure oucher when it's smaller, and more expensive than Lorna's Adventure Bag?
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 17, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    Can someone tell me, why I would ever pick Lorna's Adventure oucher when it's smaller, and more expensive than Lorna's Adventure Bag?

You mean Lorna's Adventure Bag over Lorna's 10th Anniversary Personal Shop Bag? If so, I kinda agree with you then. Since i got my Lorna's Adventure Bag back in 7th anniversary... I will definitely grab 11x11 personal shop bag, don't care if it's just few extra lines and it's way cheaper as well, so why not...?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

They're two different bags.

Lorna's Adventure Bag is a normal bag.
    Lorna's 10th Anniversary Festival Bag is a merchant bag, which enables you to set up a Personal Shop.

You can't have 2 of either bag. (i.e. two Lorna's Adventure Bag is impossible)
    You CAN have 1 of each.

So if you have the coins, buy both bags.
  • GretaGreta
    edited March 17, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Lorna's 10th Anniversary Festival Bag is a merchant bag, which enables you to set up a Personal Shop.

You CAN have 1 of each.

It kinda doesn't explain why a new 11x11 personal shop bag is still way more cheaper than an old bag with 10x10 size. Nexon logic lol.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »

You CAN have 1 of each.

It kinda doesn't explain why a new 11x11 personal shop bag is still way more cheaper than an old bag with 10x10 size. Nexon logic lol.

Well...
    Maybe it's because the Festival Bag would be replacing a current bag for almost everyone who would buy it.

Since there's little reason for anyone to not have ANY type of merchant bag, they'd be replacing the one they had.
    This could range from a decent upgrade in size (7x5 is the smallest, yikes) to a small upgrade (such as 10x10 from the Fez/Tia Merchant Bags they gave out back in October).

Whereas the Adventure bag would just be a new bag, for anyone who doesn't already have one and isn't already full up on bags.

That's my reasoning, at least.