Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan 3 Defense Test

MaiaMaia
Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
edited March 18, 2018 in Help
All right I give up. Anyone got tips for this stupid test? I've sunk about 2m and a weeks worth of tries (get scores close enough to make me think I'll pass and then come up short). First wave I wipe out the smaller gargoyles asap to avoid multi-aggro. I pick off the big gargoyles with defense/counter/wm/smash. On the second round I fight one at a time to avoid multi-aggro and don't get poisoned by the snakes. No problem. Third wave I WM everything at least once to avoid multi-aggro and then just rake in defenses off either archers or warriors. Still, I come up short. I take minor damage just by using the defense skill which seems to always screw me in the end. I smash everything that uses defense- with exception to when it might cause me to get hit.

I got 12000 on my first or second try for SS. Ever since then, I only ever get 11600~ or something of the sort. There MUST be an easier way.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You might need more luck with Smashing enemies who are using Defense, since that's worth 500 points apiece.

It's a bit luck-based to hope that enemies don't crit you through Defense and that an enemy decides to use Defense long enough for you to go smash them.
  • MaiaMaia
    Seriously lol and luck is not on my side! I'm so tired of defense. I didn't think it would even be a difficult test
  • MaiaMaia
    edited March 20, 2018
    2a4cc60f31.jpg
    Perseverance paid off. Good lord. I found that defense with the kite shield was best due to higher defensive value. Additionally, WMing after a defense is often best in all 3 rounds (gargoyles to kill them all asap because they are too annoying w/crits and unpredictability, against snakes to make them want to defend, and against the warrior/archers to make them not multi aggro). When you can't WM, smash. Always follow with an assault slash so that you can immediately load defense, otherwise you're stuck during the WM animation and vulnerable
    IyasenuJazmynZairak