Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It May Be Time For A New Server!

TeddieTeddie
Mabinogi Rep: 565
in Feedback and Suggestions
After playing through Ruairi, Alexina's release, and then going back to an original server like Tarlach -- I believe it's time for another new server!
I know this requires much more than "do this" -- but having a new place to start out, a new cache of available names to choose from, and over-all a chance at another different in-game economy seems like the perfect additional option for returning and new players alike. A chance to break those seal stones we've seen so much of could be in our grasp. This is an opportunity to meet new players in the soul stream, and seems only fitting for a lasting game such as Mabinogi now celebrating it's 10th anniversary!

After voting in the popularity contest, it seems like we could use the winner's name as an applicable new server title, unless devs have something better up their sleeves (and I would not be surprised!) but please take this into serious consideration. I've deleted and restarted many characters, put plenty of money into the game, and would not mind continuing.

If the dev notes are true, I know someone will read this eventually and perhaps toss the idea around. If you do, thank you for any consideration.
Gremm

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The servers we have aren't even all that full. There's no point to introducing a new one. -_-
    TeddieYangKoeteMizukiHayamaSherriJazmynSiodhanAykazmieSnaredWolf
  • ConnConn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    I was thinking of merging the servers. The players are on the decline, I barely even see any players in ch2 which was supposed to be the 2nd most populated channel next to ch1.
    Even ch1 never gets full anymore. Unlike the old days where you have to spam click just to get in.
    TeddieLukaChanXxSWxXSnaredWolf
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    What? No!
  • TeddieTeddie
    What? No!

Leinei said no as well but provided a reason -- is yours the same? If this isn't a good idea I want to know learn from everyone as to why.
    Gremm
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    My reason is that I think having a new server would divide us more.

I play on Alexina, but I really think taking the two most underplayed servers and merging them would be best.
    Teddie
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    probably not worth the time and money to add a new server to the NA mabi. if they bother with a new server it would be better to move all the players there and shutdown the current four servers which would basically have the same result as a server merge. the community is already small and spread out on just 4 servers, we don't need 5 servers. as for seal stones it would probably be best if they did not return as it would just be a race for the players to quickly break them and they would be useless after that. all it does now is create a annoying clutter of rocks making the pathway look ugly.
    YangKoeteTeddie
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    There arent enough people for the four servers we have as it is, plus a lot of people ended up moving to the new server, so the old three kind of suffered from that.. If anything we need less not more- Or at lest have the option to go to any server so its not so well.. dead on one.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    merge the ruari and tarlach, merge alexina and mari. Add 3rd server with special rules, like a test or beta server.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    merge the ruari and tarlach, merge alexina and mari. Add 3rd server with special rules, like a test or beta server.

Shhhhh! Talking about a merge is a sin on these forums D:
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    The pros and cons have already been discussed here

Inb4 this thread is merged with that one.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Pls no
  • TeddieTeddie
    All right, thank you for the response, I understand the lack of a need for a new one now, although merging doesn't seem to be out of the question the more I ponder it.

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How about instead of merging servers, we merge the channels within each servers? That way everybody on Mari can interact without needing to change channels. No more cumbersome housing channel, no more closing shops to change channels, no more homestead locking to a channel, no more changing channels to access more content. It's all one world in one channel.
    YangKoete
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    How about instead of merging servers, we merge the channels within each servers? That way everybody on Mari can interact without needing to change channels. No more cumbersome housing channel, no more closing shops to change channels, no more homestead locking to a channel, no more changing channels to access more content. It's all one world in one channel.

reducing or merging the channels would not increase the overall server population. less channels means more players crammed in a channel full of lag and complaints about lag for a update that was not and is not needed in the first place. mabi needs more advertising to attract players. putting all the players on one mega server with a lot of channels would actually help. players tired of being on empty servers would finally be able to find groups more easily and have a larger player market to explore instead of having to forget their character and start all over.
    Greta
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Negumiko wrote: »

reducing or merging the channels would not increase the overall server population. less channels means more players crammed in a channel full of lag and complaints about lag for a update that was not and is not needed in the first place. mabi needs more advertising to attract players. putting all the players on one mega server with a lot of channels would actually help. players tired of being on empty servers would finally be able to find groups more easily and have a larger player market to explore instead of having to forget their character and start all over.

Im sure they would have more players if the made it so people outside the NA area could connect well enough.. No game is fun with lag. Also no game is fun when its endless gachupons with bad rate drops.. xD what ever that gachupon is based on, anything new- super rare. anything old, very common.. but really any type of merge will be great.. Like what guild war did.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    edited March 28, 2018
    Yeah, we can really deal without Channel 7 on all servers, but I think there really needs to be better servers overall. Less lag = More people staying.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Yeah, we can really deal without Channel 7 on all servers, but I think there really needs to be better servers overall. Less lag = More people staying.

I know one one of the servers thats a shopping channel.. lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited March 28, 2018
    Teddie wrote: »
    What? No!

Leinei said no as well but provided a reason -- is yours the same? If this isn't a good idea I want to know learn from everyone as to why.

The obvious point of contention is that we barely have enough people in any one server. I did not feel the need to say what should have been a given fact, anymore than I ask anyone in the United States who was the first black president of the United States.

In any case, a new server won't attract many newer players on an older, more niche game like Mabinogi anyway. It's a given for any MMO, as a matter of fact. First few months, a year or two, and then people stop joining in droves. The population stabilizes, fluctuating frequently but not too severely.

There are many reasons. One may not like the graphics of an older game, some are intimidated by veterans. If anything, it is because the game isn't new or revolutionary, that one is not at the forefront of something exciting and unknown.

Very few veterans would go back to redo everything they had already done. Nostalgia isn't such a big factor for all but those with the most rose tinted glasses.
    YangKoete
  • ZetophiZetophi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
    I Vote we call it Eden's Gate Server
    But I really doubt we need a new server... If anything the ability to Cross Servers, would be cool.
    And if we have the same name... Zetophi (Ruiari) or Zetophi (Mari)
    There just put a server tag on those from outside servers.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Zetophi wrote: »
    I Vote we call it Eden's Gate Server
    But I really doubt we need a new server... If anything the ability to Cross Servers, would be cool.
    And if we have the same name... Zetophi (Ruiari) or Zetophi (Mari)
    There just put a server tag on those from outside servers.

i wanna say that is a Far Cry 5 reference but i doubt it is