Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dream House Hot Day

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I honestly do not get how people can be mad about this. Did people HONESTLY not read the darn post and see the date listed was April 1st? It's your own darn fault if you thought the april fools joke was gonna be some legit thing. Your hatred and complains are completely invalid because nexon did nothing wrong. They didn't lie or falsely advertise. If you want to act like a bunch of little self entitled babies, go play another game.
    GretaBerryswirlLeineiChibisaiSherri
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    omg gift is lit 100/10 idk why u dont like it :/
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    edited April 1, 2018
    I absolutely love this lol, I knew it was going to be something fake for April Fools and its amazing xD.

I love how its so obviously done in Crayon, and no matter what key you get its the same house lol.

Seriously all you people who are mad need to chill out, its a harmless April Fools joke and at least you get a free chair, I find it hilarious how people are mad xD

Good job Nexon, the characters turning into monsters on the login screen too, is funny.
    GretaFayeKaibaSherriLeineiChibisai
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    I absolutely love this lol, I knew it was going to be something fake for April Fools and its amazing xD.

I love how its so obviously done in Crayon, and no matter what key you get its the same house lol.

Seriously all you people who are mad need to chill out, its a harmless April Fools joke and at least you get a free chair, I find it hilarious how people are mad xD

Good job Nexon, the characters turning into monsters on the login screen too, is funny.

The best part was that i minimized my game just after i entered my 2nd password, few minutes later i decided to come back on the game again and i got just... stunned for few moments. After my brain finished processing, i smiled and my first thought was "smh Nexon... xD". Gave me a nice laugh.
    BerryswirlSherri
  • ShroomsterShroomster
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I honestly do not get how people can be mad about this. Did people HONESTLY not read the darn post and see the date listed was April 1st? It's your own darn fault if you thought the april fools joke was gonna be some legit thing. Your hatred and complains are completely invalid because nexon did nothing wrong. They didn't lie or falsely advertise. If you want to act like a bunch of little self entitled babies, go play another game.

They did both actually, they listed the keys we would get, with pictures of various "houses" attached to them and said we would get a "brand new house based on which key you obtained." Compare with the Ferghus' wings version of April Fool's where they only said Free wings! New wings! Fabulous wings!, etc without any suggestions of what to expect. We KNOW we're not getting EXACTLY what we might expect because it's April 1st, but the way they set up the post is just an invitation for these kinds of complaints. I'm more mad that they screwed up the opportunity for it to be fun with this level of specificity in a bait and switch.

If they did not link those pictures with the keys, probably no one would be complaining (aside from those that would complain about everything anyway). If they actually made serious effort and gave a different drawn/colored house for each key, again with no pictures, I bet everyone would have loved it.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    XDDD lol you can't believe anything on the internet today
    thank you for the chair xD
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 1, 2018
    To be honest, I don't know if there would be enough houses to accommodate all the players on each server if this Hot Day wasn't an April Fool's joke, and aren't Castles only able to be owned by guilds? The castle part alone should have given away that it was a joke.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited April 1, 2018
    Shroomster wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

They did both actually, they listed the keys we would get, with pictures of various "houses" attached to them and said we would get a "brand new house based on which key you obtained." Compare with the Ferghus' wings version of April Fool's where they only said Free wings! New wings! Fabulous wings!, etc without any suggestions of what to expect. We KNOW we're not getting EXACTLY what we might expect because it's April 1st, but the way they set up the post is just an invitation for these kinds of complaints. I'm more mad that they screwed up the opportunity for it to be fun with this level of specificity in a bait and switch.

If they did not link those pictures with the keys, probably no one would be complaining (aside from those that would complain about everything anyway). If they actually made serious effort and gave a different drawn/colored house for each key, again with no pictures, I bet everyone would have loved it.

latest?cb=20130712202058
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I personally like my new house. It's small, it's neat, and it's portable. It's more flexible than the houses in the housing districts since it can also be built in Iria.

Though I do agree with the sentiment that the announcement could've been worded better. I saw the joke from a mile away, heh.
  • AhriaAhria
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I love my new house! So cozy and comfy. Colorful, too!
  • xleoxxxleoxx
    Katherz wrote: »
    Have you ever wanted to own your dream home, but didn't have the money for service? Now is your chance to win an amazing new house! Check out the full details here.

mbw-1121-180329-april-fools_header_590x165.jpg

Dream House Hot Day

Event Dates: Sunday, April 1 12:00 AM PDT - Sunday, April 1 11:59 PM PDT

Event Details:

• Characters must be level 30 or above to receive the ticket.
    • Use the ticket to receive one of four keys.
    • Each key will reward a brand new house based on which key you obtained!

Reward List:

• Golden Key (Permanent)
    • Silver Key (Permanent)
    • Bronze Key (Permanent)
    • Grimy Key (Permanent)

I've been on this game for 10 years now and i think this is something I've always wanted, so happy this is finally becoming a thing. ^ o^ Always wanted some sort of expansion to the type of stuff we can do with housing. ♥ Woo! genuinely happy. ^^ thank you guys for the update. keep up the good work.
  • xleoxxxleoxx
    I've been on this game for 10 years now and i think this is something I've always wanted, so happy this is finally becoming a thing. ^ o^ Always wanted some sort of expansion to the type of stuff we can do with housing. ♥ Woo!
  • The_Thin_ManThe_Thin_Man
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    they seem to be very similar unless i missed something
  • KDCKDC
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Okay. You got me. First the Model replacement in the Character Select Screen, now this. Nice job there.

attachment.php?aid=1015