Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Practical Trash Bins!

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited April 2, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Remember the sweeping event where you guys had us players sweep up all the trash in Dunbarton? (And after that had a fishing event that made us throw even more trash on the ground? XD) That cleaning event was a good but a temporary idea that showed us that you guys from Mabi are at least aware of the littering in the game.

Here is my suggestion, give the trashbin a delete function!

For Example:
You click on the trashbin and your inv opens up along with a menu from the trash bin, every item you single-click (one time) on will be marked and the list will show you the item's name (like the one from the HS if you dropped something and is exiting.) and have a delete button at the bottom. Clicking the delete button will make a pop-up window ask you if you really want to destroy all of the marked items and if you click yes it will all be gone from your inventory.

Its a lot easier to do it this way instead of right-clicking on an item and then click drop it (and then repeat the whole process since that one item can be dropped, only destroyed...) and as long as you have enough space on the ground you can drop most of the stuff you don't want from your inventory.

The Inventory mostly gets clogged up during the events and fishing etc and it could be an annoying experience clearing all that space over and over again, and not to mention the littering in the game that you (for some universally unknown reason) cant pick up. So since nobody can even touch the items, why not just give us an option to use those decorations called trash bins in the game.

We could even have the option that the items stay for a few days before they permanently disappear and the player could visit the trash bin again to see if the item they accidentally threw away is still there.

Here's an example of mass littering that i encountered one morning, the items were all over the place.

29595512_10216433262288351_3798808278940771554_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9b8f5329c0fba9f1c2bb95ff947236ae&oe=5B2CDC28

And if you tried to use ALT, as usual, to make things easier to talk with the NPC, this is what happens.

11222310_10216433262688361_4117318487725486810_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=15890ac1dc82e9152c6e28afebbb1117&oe=5B67D404

I want to play a game, find the NPC.

So please give us an easier option to clean out our inventory, thank you.

Best Regards
Maramon
Alexina
SunfallSky
  1. Would you like an easy delete option for clearing your Inventory?19 votes
    1. Yes
       89% (17 votes)
    2. No
       11% (2 votes)

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yes please, it hurts my head seeing all sorts of litter on the ground like that.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 2, 2018
    Are you talking about trash bin props in the game world, or the trash bin icon in your inventory?
  • GremmGremm
    I was thinking of trash bin props in the game world since that might be easier to do compared to adding another option to the inventory again.
    I'm not an expert, but even a function like this will take a lot of work for the dev-team to implement.
  • SyrentusSyrentus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,140
    And in the same vain of thinking, would it not be insane to have items self-delete much sooner? If an item has been sitting on the ground for 30 minutes, hell even 15 or 10, it seems pretty evident no one is coming back to claim their expired personal shop brownie. I am in favor of a trash can though too.
  • GremmGremm
    Yeah that part is always so annoying, someone throws an item or pouch you really want or have been looking for on the ground and then you cant pick it up. You can only scream in the chat for the player to come back or stare at it and watch it disappear once the time is up, that is just to cruel... T_T

They probably wont change that part however, they want us to have a chance to pick up the important/expensive items if we drop them by accident. :/
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I just wish exclusive items were only visible to the owner. Make it a toggle option or add it into the existing graphics minimizing toggles.