Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broken nexon launcher

Reiki1Reiki1
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited April 4, 2018 in Technical Support
Ok, so tried to open Nexon Launcher and the window it's black. Tried reinstalling it, and also opening it with nexon-updater but nothing seems to work. oKO9pRq.png

Comments

• RavenQueenSasRavenQueenSas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    My launcher is not loading right also
  • RavenQueenSasRavenQueenSas
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    0zuSE5t.png
  • KStesterKStester
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    in my case nexon launcher say '' Failed to Update Nexon Launcher ''
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited April 20, 2018
    Started experiencing the same problem recently. Reinstallation of the Launcher didn't help as well. But I don't think it has something to do with DirectX in my case, because there have been no trackable changes either in it or in the OS since the time Nexon Launcher last worked properly. Must be something in its files, links or else. Wonder if it can and may be fixed manually.
    I tried to run Mabinogi directly from the folder (it worked for Ghost in the Shell sometimes), and it even asked me for the same system security permission as usual (that means it attepmted to launch at least), but nothing came up after.
    Waiting for it to show something at last didn't help too. But, unlike the people above having full black window, I have Nexon Launcher specifically with it's top bar (including minimize, maximize and close buttons that actually work). It also loads something upon opening, as usual, showing a spinning ring in the central area of the window. Then it disappears as if the loading is complete, but nothing more shows up.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 20, 2018
    Also found out that my windows task manager shows that there are 4 Nexon Launcher client sub-processes taking place inside the main Nexon Launcher client process, all draining different memory resource volumes (so that means they're active and are not the same). Secondly, they disappear in pairs when I close a second process respectively (attempting to close every first one doesn't have any effect). More than that, they all appear to be 32bit, while my system mostly operates 64bit. Does that mean that the launcher was running with 64bit before, when it worked properly? Or, if it always runs with 32bit, some compatibility settings may have been altered discreetly by the system.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited April 22, 2018
    Now that you mention it......the game seems to run on 32bit mode for me as well. My OS is 64 bit. Not sure if that's a problem. I would see if you can run it under admin mode to see if that helps any.

Not sure what to do in the case of the actual launcher. For the game client itself is another issue. Usually a black/bugged screen is due to something blocking it?

@Musicat sometimes it's a hit or miss on the clients popping up....the game is buggy itself. Just make sure you close them all out before you re-launch the game. I usually close the launcher after I get into the game.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 23, 2018
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Usually a black/bugged screen is due to something blocking it?

Just make sure you close them all out before you re-launch the game.

I've checked the permission settings, tried switching them on and off, tried turning another windows' version compatibility on, checked my firewall preferences. Nothing that would stop it from working. And I certainly close its every process while trying to re-launch. And, as I've said, it does its loading and finishes it as if everything is ready.

Someone said that the launcher opens up using Internet Explorer's program environment, so there may be a problem with it, but, honestly, I've never even tried to run Internet Explorer on this computer.

Another version is that they started IP-blocking our region, like they have been doing with Vindictus (leaving an opportunity to be registered and to write on its forums).
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 26, 2018
    Now I noticed that I can't reach the log-in resource. That might be the reason for the Launcher not loading further also. Tried logging in on the site from another computer and from a tablet, them both saying the site cannot be reached. Nexon Launcher on another computer behaves the same way as on this one.

P. S. I don't spam, I make the info updates as soon as I find something out =)
  • IXRuairiIXRuairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I found maybe install it on your desktop under a folder might help if it not in the program files x86 files
    Not sure if that helpful but sometimes that helps for installing stuff on windows.
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited April 26, 2018
    IXRuairi wrote: »
    not in the program files x86
    If you mean installing to another directory, unfortunately, it doesn't help. I tried pushing the Launcher right into C:/Nexon, where my Nexon games library is located.