Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is it finally time?

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
in General Chat
We are listening to your feedback with the Optimization Update!

Could it be? After waiting so long? Will we finally be rid of the horrible text? Will some of the lag be gone? Best update right here if so!

also auction house incoming but if we have less lag it's minor in comparison
  1. yes?48 votes
    1. Yes
       4% (2 votes)
    2. YES
       8% (4 votes)
    3. YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
       23% (11 votes)
    4. no
       29% (14 votes)
    5. REEEEEEEEE?
       35% (17 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder what this means.

Could part of this be fixing the displacement some skills have?

Charging Strike has been a real bad offender ever since the Ninja Renewal update a while back, so it'd be nice if a fix for that was included.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Maybe people will use less mods. :P
    VeylaineSacredCrimson
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    We definitely need some UI cleanup and font changes.

I wonder what else they consider for optimization.

While I don't think they would touch displacement lag, I would like it fixed.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    They are fixing the bug that lets you use Moon Gates during the day. That is all. Move along.
    XiokunVeylaineRadiant DawnTwelieMizukiHayamaOmnicityErorservClovis15Crimsọn[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited April 5, 2018
    Maybe now we can move around the text with the arrows and/or mouse instead of having to delete the whole text :v
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    by ' Optimization' they prob mean there just cutting another laggy map in half like what they did to terra.

upper part of belvast will prob be cropped off by a door now :P
  • SamuruuSamuruu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Expecting Nexon to actually do anything good, let alone on just a 5 hour maint. Keep dreaming. It's probably just something minor.
  • LunarZeroLunarZero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    If it gets rid of that every second stutter lag that comes and goes depending on which direction I choose to lean when entering an area is gone, I'll be an extremely happy camper.
    Harukari
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Odinwolfe wrote: »

I've always heard, for a long time, that there was something wrong with our current font and that it needed to be changed. What exactly is wrong with it, though?
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400

I've always heard, for a long time, that there was something wrong with our current font and that it needed to be changed. What exactly is wrong with it, though?

Opening a window with a lot of text freezes the game for a few seconds. You can see this easiest by opening the chat log after being in Dunbarton on the main channel for a few minutes. Also when there are a lot of people gathered it lags up the client, a current workaround is to press CTRL+N to hide names.
    TwelieWolfandWolf
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    jjeremy wrote: »
    They are fixing the bug that lets you use Moon Gates during the day. That is all. Move along.

I lol'd.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    jjeremy wrote: »

Opening a window with a lot of text freezes the game for a few seconds. You can see this easiest by opening the chat log after being in Dunbarton on the main channel for a few minutes. Also when there are a lot of people gathered it lags up the client, a current workaround is to press CTRL+N to hide names.

I've always thought it was just because there was a massive amount of text, and that no matter what font you'd have it would still lag to open the log. But if this is specific to just this font, then heck yeah we should change it~
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    They're going to fix the lag introduced by the auction house. One hand cleans the other.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    They said that they were going to be doing these kind of optimization updates throughout the year too. That's exciting. =D
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    edited April 6, 2018
    someone posted an example about it years ago but it's on another site
    we used to be not allowed to link posts from nation in the forums... idk if that's still the case so to be safe just google "mabinogi bitmap font" and the thread shows up as related to the first search result, it's called "mabinogi's text rendering"
    apparently mabi''s engine renders all text as 3d models?
    there's also the thing of mabi using a vector font instead of a bitmap one i think which also cause more load/render time and lag
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited April 7, 2018
    Daktaro wrote: »
    we used to be not allowed to link posts from nation in the forums... idk if that's still the case so to be safe just google "mabinogi bitmap font" and the thread shows up as related to the first search result, it's called "mabinogi's text rendering"
    there's also the thing of mabi using a vector font instead of a bitmap one i think which also cause more load/render time and lag

OH. Ouch. The game treats it like a 3d model yeah I think it would be better if we changed that. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me!
    :)
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    ??? They're going to fix rafting?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited April 7, 2018

That...no. That can't be true. Because if it is. Hooooooo boy! XD

But really though...when a game has to load up ALL TEXTURES from the data base. Well this has always been the real problem. Behold the source of all lag.

qoaxjYr.jpg

Some of those textures look like they shouldn't even be there. Maybe they should clean up. And what I mean is I think the game is always trying to load textures that are no longer in use or were from development. O_o
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Gaea wrote: »

That...no. That can't be true. Because if it is. Hooooooo boy! XD

But really though...when a game has to load up ALL TEXTURES from the data base. Well this has always been the real problem. Behold the source of all lag.

qoaxjYr.jpg

Some of those textures look like they shouldn't even be there. Maybe they should clean up. And what I mean is I think the game is always trying to load textures that are no longer in use or were from development. O_o

I dunno, I think it looks perfect, lol <3
    Picasso's greatest masterpiece!
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Gaea wrote: »
    Maybe people will use less mods. :P

loooooool I highly doubt it.