Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Lost Continent of Erinn

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited December 12, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
The world of Erinn, us Milletians has been running around the continents of Erinn for over 10 years and we have helped a lot of the troubled people that live there, but did we really help them all?
This is the world as we know it, Uladh, the home of the humans, Iria the land of elves and giants and Belvast, the island that connects them.

30415166_10216469360990796_3993084034858090496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fgse1-1.fna&oh=ad81156ac0da51bd4a9cfbe1b4159b0c&oe=5C9565C9

You entered the Soulstream as you died but Nao is making a troubled expression, you ask her whats wrong and she tells you about the land that was first lost to the Fomor attacks long before the Milletians arrived, the lost continent.

There lived a race of dwarves that could craft nearly anything with their mighty hammers and repel any invading forces with their weaponry and strength, they were a proud race that used their crafting skills to trade and commerce with the continent of Iria and the people who lived there.

Since they did not discriminate between races they traded with both the giants, elves and the dark elves that lived there. The dwarves thought themselves as either equal or above the other races and so they did not care about the wrath of the giants who saw them as traitors for trading with the elves as well as giants.

The Elves felt the same and soon the two races refused to commerce with them and cut off all their connections with the dwarves, the only race that continued trading despite the wars were the dark elves race that was a master of magic and magical research. They lived in the deep forests of Karu and were grateful for the dwarven items that were traded for various local products and so the Dark Elves and the Dwarves kept a friendly relationship with each other.

One day, a giant Fomor arrived in the volcanic lands of the dwarves, it was a huge Hydra who excelled in regeneration and it led its forces to lay waste of the cities and lands of the Dwarves. The Dwarves stood their grounds and fought back for many years but they were slowly getting pushed back and many cities fell at the might of the hydra.

The dwarves who stubbornly defended their homeland refused to ask for help at first but as the Fomor grew in numbers they finally changed their mind and reached out to the people of Iria, the Giants scorned them and even barricaded the borders so that the dwarves wouldn't drag the Fomors over to their people, the elves turned the cold shoulder and refused to listen to their pleas.

But the Dark Elves accepted their request, the dark elves as a whole race came together to come to their friend's aid and they brought their whole race with them so they wouldn't have to worry about the ones left behind. As the giants were hostile against elves and had their borders closed the dark elves used their magical knowledge and made a special mana tunnel that would connect to the dwarven continent so they may travel safely.

The mana tunnel was a one-way path so there was no way of going back home for the dark elves, and they didn't arrive at the base of the dwarves as they planned either. Something went wrong with the mana tunnels and they were separated by the Fomors, shortly after the whole continent went silent and felled under the Fomors control.

The hydra tried to enter the lands of Iria but the Giants managed to push it back along with its worn-down forces, the goddess saw what happened to the dwarves and chose to interfere before the Hydra managed to reach the other races of Erinn and it was sealed in the lost continent.

Everyone feared the worst and we thought that both the dwarven race and the dark elf race were lost, until today.

A lone dark elf woman was found in the water outside of Vales not long ago and her weapon fits the description of the dwarven weaponry they used for trade long ago, she is still unconscious and hasn't woken up yet.

Milletian, I ask of you to travel to the lost continent and see if there are any survivors. It is a dangerous place filled with strong Fomors and dangers but we need to know if there is anyone still alive and help them, they have fought alone for all this time and they could use your help.

30221468_10216469360310779_6215287559619084288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fgse1-1.fna&oh=2facabf40d2e4e5729d6776939774b4d&oe=5C93F388

Yeah that was a little long, sorry about that, i got to abosorbed in my story so i even wrote it more dramatic than i thought i would. ^^"

But yes, my suggestion is a new continent of Erinn and to introduce 2 new races in a hostile land filled with fomors.
(it was mostly flavor text and a reason why we havent heard from the two races before.)

Many people over the years have asked for Dark Elves and Dwarves to be implemented in Mabinogi and here i am doing the same thing, im asking of a new continent, 2 new races and a new big hunting ground of stronger fomors (See it as end-game materials or something)

The continent could be filled with ruins and graveyards or just some wilderness with a few dungeons that the goddess managed to form as she sealed the hydra (possible raid boss?) in the lands.

Best Regards
Maramon
Alexina Server
Leinei
  1. What part do you like about this suggestion?15 votes
    1. A new Continent
       20% (3 votes)
    2. The Dwarves
       13% (2 votes)
    3. The Dark Elves
       7% (1 vote)
    4. All of them
       40% (6 votes)
    5. Meh, i dont like it.
       20% (3 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    if it helped improve the flow of players by giving us more reason to visit all 3 current continents and the new continent then it would be a great idea. everyone spends way to much time in Uladh cause it gets most of the new content and events leaving Iria almost completely abandoned. I would like to see the state of all the continents improve which this new continent could do with the right story and quests giving players motive to travel all of Erinn to find out those mysterious answers about the new continent.
    VeylaineGremmJazmynYangKoete
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited April 7, 2018
    Interesting concept and world-building. Dwarves I like being apart from Iria, having their own land. They could come to Iria, having heard of the Engineering going on there and looking to expand their crafts and trade.

I feel like the Dark Elves should be part of the land of Filia, perhaps inhabiting the underground where we could enter via Ant Hell and from the Shyllien Reserve. I would see them coming out of the ground, having sensed what occurred with the Knights storyline and/or are seen in the Shyllien Reserve, the Elves having expanding the area into one previously only used by Dark Elves. I would hate to see the Falcon form get used again for them. Since they wouldn't have fought in the war that cursed the Elves and Giants perhaps they could have an alliance with Dragons and a Lesser Dragon (working title) sort of Transformation akin to Paladin/Dark Knight/Falcon/Beast forms as a result. This would cause strife between Filia and the Land of the Dark Elves (working title) because of the latter's affiliation and transformation.
    GremmJazmynYangKoetehermanocus
  • GremmGremm
    I'm not sure if the underground would've worked out so well since i don't know enough about the lore, they could just be on the new lost continent along with the dwarves to begin with as well. (I just wanted to get the dwarves and the dark elves in Mabinogi and have them as playable races one day. ^^)

Hm, this might get ignored by the moderators since this is technically 3 suggestions instead of 1 big one with some flavor text and examples of new races.
    I'm gonna make 2 new threads and link them all together so they will either pass or enter a grey zone with the rules so the suggestion could get some attention, i don't want this idea to be ignored again.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I'd like to have the rest of Uladh shown and have some more areas like in the Camp Area post.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/86345/
  • GremmGremm
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I'd like to have the rest of Uladh shown and have some more areas like in the Camp Area post.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/86345/

I get the other half of Uladh being shown but what does the Camp Area suggestion have anything to do with the new continent in this suggestion? It feels like you're just posting it randomly as an advertisement instead of giving us your opinion, i would like it if you could at least stay on the subject and keep other unrelated suggestion in their own posts please.