Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FORUM ISSUE] How do I recover "saved drafts"?

nomigid15nomigid15
Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
edited April 7, 2018 in Town Square
I'm trying to post something long in the Suggestions board, but I keep running into a problem where the everything turns dark and can't do anything to get rid of it, forcing me to refresh. And even though I get the "draft saved" popup, upon refreshing there's no trace of what I posted. Am I supposed to manually restore it somehow, or is just not working properly?

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    If you are posting a new topic and you have to refresh I don't think it will save. It only seems to save drafts for comments.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Really? Then why do I still get "draft saved" messages?
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hmm I've never had that issue before so I'm unsure what could be causing it. Which browser do you use? Not sure if this is a browser issue or not, sorry.

I recommend using a notepad file or something similar to create your draft on until it's ready to be posted. I do this a lot because I don't trust my browsers/internet connection/or the forums. :P I've had way to many instances where I've lost something because a page wouldn't fully load when making a thread/post or the page would time out when submitting a thread/post.

I use this quite often since I had to use it for a college English class. It's quite helpful for me when needing to make notes in game since we are limited on how many characters can be used within a note.

When it says the draft is saved, it normally just saves the post, but I've never had it work when initially making a thread.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    I recommend using a notepad file or something similar to create your draft on until it's ready to be posted. I do this a lot because I don't trust my browsers/internet connection/or the forums. :P I've had way to many instances where I've lost something because a page wouldn't fully load when making a thread/post or the page would time out when submitting a thread/post.

Yeah, that's what I eventually ended up doing. As for my browser, I use IE 11 (and sometimes Chrome).
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Shoog wrote: »
    I use this quite often since I had to use it for a college English class. It's quite helpful for me when needing to make notes in game since we are limited on how many characters can be used within a note.

Just realized I didn't even post the link to the page that I use for drafting. GG me lol. https://wordcounter.net/