Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Printing Characters

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited April 14, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
With Mabinogi being a game where you can easily grow attached to your characters, I would like to see the possibility of players being able to have their characters 3D printed into figures to have with them in the real world. I know World of Warcraft does this, but I'm not sure if their process is up to the same standards that 3D printing is at nowadays (if anyone knows please put the information in below, it would be helpful), and they charge from $70-$130 (bust vs. full size statue) not including shipping (and the process takes like a month). I know it's been a while since WoW started offering it as a service, but I wonder if with how improvements have been made in 3D printing, if projects could be made cheaper, but still yield a quality product.

If 3D printing is a bit of a stretch for the company, then I would like to see if they could print acrylic standees of characters. Printing-wise it might be easier, but the problem with these would lie in having to replicate a wide array of 3D outfits, attributes and accessories in a 2D template that we could customize color-wise.

egW6pB9.jpg

Thoughts?

Leinei of Ruairi
  1. Would you like a printed version of your characters?11 votes
    1. Yes! Now shut up and take my money!
       64% (7 votes)
    2. No!
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Depends on the cost!
       36% (4 votes)

Comments

• DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    It is possible to "3d scan" your character yourself.

Try to find a nice boring location for the background. Hit the "\" and ''crtl+n" to hide menus and stuff. Take screen shots (try the "prt sc" button on your keyboard) from several angles around your char. And try to get below as well as above shots too. Generally, the more pictures the better.

There's a number of companies out there that can convert these images to a 3D model ready to print. For those a bit more DIY type, there is software available to do the same.

• CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    I think this a jolly good idea for NA to make some extra side money. My personal max id fork over would be about $200 .
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Using the 3D models from the game itself might not be possible, as each body part are separate objects. At best, they'll print out assembably legos to make life easier. :v