Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MapleStory 2 Confirmed!

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
in Town Square
Anybody else going to be playing MapleStory 2? It was just announced today at MapleStory Fest and is currently receiving closed beta applications. :)
Peloi

Comments

• dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    I guess they want to try and milk it while it's somewhat alive. As far as I know it's dead in korea.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 15, 2018
    I played Maplestory back in... like... 2009-2010 maybe? Played for like 3 days or so and i dropped it after that. The style wasn't appealing to me.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Signed up for the beta too, hope i get choosen.
    I mean the game pretty much flopped in kr but i wonder how it goes here.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited April 15, 2018
    all my old school friends were saying maplestory was the best so I finally tried it and thought it was boring and found mabi. I will certainly give maplestory 2 a quick try as it looks more interesting then the original but mabi is the only nexon game that really has me hooked.
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited April 15, 2018
    I played the original Maple before I switched over to Mabi years and years ago.

I saw MapleStory 2 a while back and thought it looked kinda neat, but I really liked how it seemed to have a musical system, sort of like Mabi does.

That's probably what interests me the most about it, still.

I at least want to give MS2 a try.
    Zarozian
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Theres also the much better fully customize able housing system in comparison to mabis
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    I remember playing Maplestory in like 2008 or something stopped and picked it up for around a month in 2017ish when they were having a event about a dragon or something and lost interest again. Seems rather late for a sequel if you ask me.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited April 17, 2018
    Beta signups have started, make sure to click on Road Trip to grab your freebies!
    Main Page

I'm mostly excited to see how the (house?) decorating aspect of it turned out, and how they'll make it more prequel to the MS we know.
    (Btw, I'm pretty sure KR confirmed that they weren't gonna get rid of the original, so you don't have to complain much if you don't like it.)
    This is going to be interesting to see how it went from side-scroller to 3D, and how it feels.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Theres also the much better fully customize able housing system in comparison to mabis

KR recently released a homestead housing update, we're still waiting on word from our GMs about this.
    Sherri
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited April 17, 2018
    I have time again these days again these days, but I really wanna visit China again lol.....but there's no legit games there or internet, but damn it's a lot of fun. I feel conflicted. =/

I'll try this game out for sure I guess. = w=

Already made a forum account there too~ Follow me if you want fun and excitement! >;D
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 29, 2018
    Oh yeah, forgot to say that i decided to register for Beta and got accepted at first try.
    My laptop is going to roast. R.I.P.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I feel like I saw a trailer of this game 8-9 years ago, except I don't think it was fully 3D. I believe the models were 2D and the backgrounds were 3D, kind of like a Paper Mario style. Maybe it was very early concept footage? At the time I found it on YouTube uploaded by someone with a channel full of Korean game trailers. I can't seem to find it anymore.
  • GretaGreta
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I feel like I saw a trailer of this game 8-9 years ago, except I don't think it was fully 3D. I believe the models were 2D and the backgrounds were 3D, kind of like a Paper Mario style. Maybe it was very early concept footage? At the time I found it on YouTube uploaded by someone with a channel full of Korean game trailers. I can't seem to find it anymore.

Well i remember seeing Maplestory 2 trailer like roughly 3 years ago on Youtube. I think someone dropped a link in old Mabinogi forums... Can't tell now.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot to say that i decided to register for Beta and got accepted at first try.

The game is extremely toaster friendly, especially after the optimization patch.
    2ezkxle.png
    GretaNegumikoSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Liberate wrote: »

The game is extremely toaster friendly, especially after the optimization patch.
    2ezkxle.png

Oh wow, that's surprisingly nice.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Liberate wrote: »

2ezkxle.png

good to see it has reasonable requirements. almost any laptop in stores these days could probably run it on high or ultra high and it is nice to have lower requirements for computers that could be pretty old as well.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Ahh, don't know if I should try it, saw it when playing games in Chinese with Tencent a while back, and passed. Anyone played and has a opinion on it to share? xD
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 8, 2018
    Lmao so much salt is happening right now, some kids are sad for not being chosen for Closed Beta rofl. Some guy in Maletory 2 Twitter even threatened publicly to DDoS the servers. Also some other guy even commented saying "my 2 accounts got accepted, will give away one account to random liker". This is ridiculous... :D
    Sherri
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Lmao so much salt is happening right now, some kids are sad for not being chosen for Closed Beta rofl. Some guy in Maletory 2 Twitter even threatened publicly to DDoS the servers. Also some other guy even commented saying "my 2 accounts got accepted, will give away one account to random liker". This is ridiculous... :D

I mean a kid on another game told me he was gonna "hack and kill" me lol. So the salt storm is expected.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 8, 2018
    Well, since the last of the Closed Beta invites were sent out, and the beta's running for about a week or so, I wonder when the official opening is.

I mean, Mabi had a closed beta and then an open beta, and the full release was like... a day after the end of the OB, so it makes me wonder what's planned for May Puu Si To Riiiii 2.
    MizukiHayama
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited May 9, 2018
    The community over is more dry than a desert. Nobody over there watches Darling In The Franxx or knows what Gurren Lagann even is! = ,=

The best thing that's over there is probably Endy boi~

I made a thread just for us over there if any of you wanna come along: http://forums.maplestory2.nexon.net/discussion/31915/non-sjw-discord-community-no-rules/p1