Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't Drop Event Items... ?

ZenbuuuuZenbuuuu
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello, I have a suggestion... Or maybe I'm reporting a bug? Not sure if this was done on purpose!

After an 8 year hiatus, I came back during this Easter event. Much to my frustration, I can't seem to ditch the balloons or the Easter basket. Every 15 minutes, I have to run back to Dunbarton to drop off balloons for prizes I am not interested in because I absolutely need the inventory space. I'm also currently holding 2 Easter baskets because I put one in the bank so I could free up some space, and then like a unsuspecting fool, I talked to the bunny man again to see if he had anything else to say, and he gave me yet another basket. I can't destroy or drop the baskets either, even after they've expired. Let me tell you, I am dreading every time a special event happens if this is the kind of baloney I have to deal with.

Inventory space is already a little hard to manage, and it doesn't help that there's quite a few items you can't put into the bank. I realize that the devs need to make money, and starting with a small inventory that you can pay to upgrade helps to drive membership sales, but this is tiny to a level I've never seen before in an MMO, and the VIP inventory hardly adds more space. Not the slightest bit worth it in my opinion. It's not that I'm not willing to pay at all, I've been a member for quite a while on Runescape, but the difference is that RS's membership benefits really amp up the game play (like having a spacious bank inventory.)

And the fact that I can't destroy/drop certain items? It's the most infuriating mechanic I've ever had to deal with in any MMO. Of course you should be able to drop any item! If they're important for a quest, maybe have a dialogue box that lets the player know and decide if they want to continue getting rid of it, but please don't make it not an option. We already have to deal with the limited inventory space, and that's fair enough, please at least give us the option to choose what items we sacrifice.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I do hope you take it into consideration.