Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

High ping

foussiremixfoussiremix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
in Technical Support
So i have a problem with my ping.
It jumps really high.
It doesn't happen to mabinogi but to other games which have servers located in europe (except ff14, it doesn't suffer from this)

My ping is usually 25ms but sometimes it suddenly jumps to 300-700ms. I start to suffer from lag and input delays.
I use a wifi stick with an netgear repeater.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Improving Latency/Ping
    You can follow the steps outlined below to improve your overall Latency:

*Avoid updating software(s) and/or downloading in the background to make sure you have enough free bandwidth for your games to use. Never download and/or seed torrents while playing online games ever.
    *Disable all automatic updates (on any and all programs including windows).
    *Play on servers close to your location, if you're in US, play on US servers only. If there are no servers available in your country, try playing on ones in countries close to yours.
    *Avoid using traffic shaping and bandwidth limiting software as they might limit the bandwidth CSGO can use.
    *If you're using hardware QoS (on router), prioritize your games packets in settings or just disable QoS completely.
    *Avoid playing online with a VPN and/or Proxy connected in the background. Disconnect any proxy/VPN you might have before attempting to play an online game.
    *If your internet speed is slower than 128 KB/s, avoid using any voice program such as Teamspeak (and VoIP in general) while playing online.
    *Use a wired connection to your router. If you must use wifi, Be sure you're as close as possible to the router.
    *Don't play online games on a shared connection when many people are using your connection via Wi-Fi (when it's heavily used).
    *Change the wireless channel: Sometimes, switching the channel of the router will do the trick (try channels 1 or 11). Channels 1, 6 (this is what is used by default), and 11 are the most frequently used for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, and these three are the only ones that don’t overlap with each other. Choices vary by country, but in the United States these non-overlapping 5 GHz Wi-Fi channels are most recommended: 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157 and 161.
    *Be sure to have exceptions for your games in your firewall and anti-virus.
    *Make sure your computer is virus and trojan free.

While your latency mostly depends on the service provided by your ISP, you can still do a few things to improve it.