Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A couple questions regarding elves.

itsallgreek2meitsallgreek2me
Mabinogi Rep: 520
in Help
First of all "don't say don't play elf". I don't care if humans are superior elves are cooler.
1. I used a merlin card to create an elf character awhile back and it handles good mid range. However if the enemy reaches me I just get pumbled non-stop. Is there any way to solve this issue.
2. Would any of the other cars work better with an elf. Diva maybe?

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 25, 2017
    The hero cards merely give a created character a few skills you'd normally get through difficult gameplay and an experience boost boost for multiple skill sets. Since you're a new player, I'd suggest learning a bit of the combat skills alongside a production skill. Elves are normally weak when it comes to stamina, but that can easily be gained through ranking up production skills and leveling up. What you really need as a mage is to gain a bit of combat skills and learn mana shield. You can check the wiki to see how to learn it. Also, keep ranking up magic skills and your character to gain more MP.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    @Darkpixie99

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong but, as a mage, isn't mana shield well a drain on mana reserves?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 25, 2017
    @Frahaleah It isn't a problem with meditation and that new skill what's it's name that quickly gains MP in a short amount of time. Also, as a veteran player I still have tons of MP potions in my bag. Plus, transformation quickly gives you tons of MP depending on your ranks.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    I think the skill ya thinking of is Inspiration.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, starting out as a Mage might be a bad idea. Get your HP up with Combat Mastery, boost your Light/Heavy Armor Mastery, Defense and you'll be less squishy. Also, for more Stamina get Production Mastery from Alissa at the Windmill in Tir Chonaill. Wine Making is also a very simple way to get more Stamina, it just can take time depending on your rank. Windmill is always a good skill for countering incoming monsters, and is a must to get ranked early on so you don't have combat power issues.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Yeah, a mage is like a tank (vehicle), they may be slow to get started, but when they get going... Good Gawd.
  • ArgentiusDarkonArgentiusDarkon
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    I have a tremendous amount of stamina for a elf. 1250 or more. I would rank your defence skills. for close range countering, like Windmill, counter, def and armor masteries,..like the person said already. Also Ranking rest gives stamina i believe. (may be wrong) (all ranked by books i think) If you look at wiki under particular skills, < http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Skills_List_(Elf) > you can view a breakdown of what skills give Stamina ,will,str,etc. Also a Elf can use Mana shield. Which of course is a magic skill and does have a cap.
  • MatricariaMatricaria
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    It's been a long while since I played elf, but I recall always having a pet out to act as a tank just in case. Really, the pet was to keep the enemy distracted and from reaching me while I fired arrows at it to kill it. With the newer pets, I'd go with a nimbus or cloud for this, as they auto-revive on the next summon when they die. An ideal situation would be two cloud/nimbus pets.

However, it would be best to gain a little hp and defense by ranking close combat skills before going to your main of archery or magic, if you wish to have one of those as your main. You need a little survivability.