Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Housing Update

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited May 3, 2018 in Vault
Everyone's most anticipated Homestead update is finally here! Enter and decorate your Homestead House with the brand new Homestead Housing Update. This update is permanent, so check out the update details here!

mbw-1167-180427-homestead-expansion-header_590x165.gif

Homestead Housing Update

Update Date: May 3rd, After Maintenance

Update Details:

• Head to your Homestead and build a house!
  • You can access your homestead via the seedling icon, or by pressing "U".
  • Your Homestead must be level 4 to create a house.
  • To create a house you must own a tent or igloo. Simply click on the tent or igloo to upgrade it to a house!
  • You can create a tent or igloo via the "hammer" button and clicking the "Building" tab.
  • Click on the house once it's built to lease it.
  • You must have a house or mansion to lease it. Igloos and Tents do not count.
  • Leasing a house costs 500,000 gold and lasts 30 days.
  • If you have Premium or VIP service, you can lease the house for free!
  • NOTE: The shop description of these services will be updated soon!
  • You can extend your lease anytime within 7 days of your lease expiry for only 200,000 gold.
  • If the lease expires before you extend it, you will be required to pay the 500,000 gold to lease the house again.
  • Once leased, an option will appear to enter the house when you click on it.
  • Decorate your house by going inside and clicking the "hammer" button.
  • The "Installation" option allows you to create furniture, change the design of the interior of your house, and paint your walls, columns, and floors.
  • These options will require gold or pon.
  • Invite your friends to your newly furnished house by talking to the House Manager Brownie and clicking "Issue Invitation".
  • Once you click this option you will receive a Homestead Invitation.
  • Trade this invitation to your friends.
  • Once they click "Use" they will be instantly teleported to your house!
NegumikoMizukiHayamaTHICCthighssavelives

Comments

• SephichiefSephichief
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I get it. Nexon's a business and they need to try and take in as much cash as they can to stay afloat. That's understandable. But having to lease a house for that much only for it to last a month (instead of being a permanent fixture like one would imagine it would be) is a good way to screw over the more casual players who don't want to grind Crystal Defenders/Iria Saga 1/Zardine leopards/etc to pay the initial half a million, and then continually save up 200k just to maintain what's essentially a personalized set piece.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 3, 2018
    Sephichief wrote: »
    I get it. Nexon's a business and they need to try and take in as much cash as they can to stay afloat. That's understandable. But having to lease a house for that much only for it to last a month (instead of being a permanent fixture like one would imagine it would be) is a good way to screw over the more casual players who don't want to grind Crystal Defenders/Iria Saga 1/Zardine leopards/etc to pay the initial half a million, and then continually save up 200k just to maintain what's essentially a personalized set piece.

That's gold sink for you. Besides, it's really not that hard to get 200-500k. Also don't know, but i can see you are still stuck at 2014 or something, because methods you mentioned there are not good for money making anymore. Best method to make money is to spam Shadow Missions (especially Shadow Wizard) or some other dungeons, if you are lazy then you can ask your Squires to do missions and collect gold and exp from them. Buying boxes with Baltane Seals will give some useful stuff and maybe a chance to get Ancient Golden Crystal, which is an instant 3m in Alexina server.
    But since this new Homestead house thingy is purely cosmetic, then i can calmly ignore and act like it never existed. It's just a house with few simple furnishings and with little customization options, which will probably improve, but wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be in gacha or somehing.
    Solodarkness
  • KemalyKemaly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    I would get white/black dyes from the treasure chest event and sell them for 900k+. If you did that event daily on 1 character you should have had the chance to get enough money to buy the lease.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited May 3, 2018
    thank you Nexon for totally destroying the illusion that the house i built on my Homestead years ago isn't really mine....i'm only LEASING it ......so....do i at least own the Homestead itself, or is that someone else's too.....makes me want to turn my house back into a tent now.

i think you kinda knew it was a sour deal by the wording used....' most anticipated' instead of something more along the line of 'most wanted'.....so for those who 'anticipated' the worst thing they could'a done to the house....you were right
    FairyvoicePeloiKiruahDueFuss
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    You lease your homestead too, with hs stones. Used to have to pay pons if you missed rent too. This isn't too bad. I'd like a 15 to 30 year loan option though. Can I at least own it after 30 years?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 3, 2018
    Actually, you should probably correct this as the first half of the update. We are still far behind KR on this update.
    Second Half Update:
    Link includes old skill updates, more interior/production to the HS, and a social menu for your HS
    Homestead Decor Gachapon:
  • ookieookie
    edited May 3, 2018
    you're right....spending real money in the second half makes it all better

social menu ???? ......is this Mabingi or the Sims
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited May 3, 2018
    making 500k in game is nothing. specially when u have 30 days... it would take me a day to make that much with all the free resources i have. like selling herbs, selling ores, doing sm casually for 30 days, Selling event items/gems, selling holy water. those r just fresh low free life styled ways to make an easy 500k, probably even in a day.... "we free players cant do that" free players cant pay nx EITHER if it was a pay OPTION. which im glad its not! (except vip, which actually sounds a tiny bit enticing)

[edit] My issue is- were r these pon services? i do not see any pon purchasable house items
    Greta
  • ookieookie
    edited May 3, 2018
    it's the notion that what was once considered OUR home (whether we could enter it had nothing to do with it since it wasn't even an option before) is now no longer ours.....we HAVE to do this, or be excluded from something that USE to be ours.....it changes the illusion that the game gives about your homestead....is it really ours.....who owns it....who gets paid the 'rent' .....is this a scam the Fomors created to fund their war....lol ....the dymanics of the homestead have been forever altered from ownership to non-ownership is my point.....the one place we truly thought was OUR SPOT in the game (inner Sheldon coming out there....lol)
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    I was looking forward to this update. Really, i did. A lot.

But then i saw monthly lease and..... this is not what i wanted. at all.

I don't have the will to make/spend 200k/month (or buying a NX service for) on something that isn't permanent. I like to have money in my bank account. I'm the kind that slowly spares. What about if i want to take a break from Mabi for a month+? 500k all over gain for what? Something that already technically belongs to me?

You needed to update VIP/Premiums services, i get it, but not like this.

I completely feel let down.
    SephichiefookieTheDumbOneSherriYoridenSaturn39
  • SephichiefSephichief
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    edited May 3, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Sephichief wrote: »

That's gold sink for you. Besides, it's really not that hard to get 200-500k. Also don't know, but i can see you are still stuck at 2014 or something, because methods you mentioned there are not good for money making anymore. Best method to make money is to spam Shadow Missions (especially Shadow Wizard) or some other dungeons, if you are lazy then you can ask your Squires to do missions and collect gold and exp from them. Buying boxes with Baltane Seals will give some useful stuff and maybe a chance to get Ancient Golden Crystal, which is an instant 3m in Alexina server.
    But since this new Homestead house thingy is purely cosmetic, then i can calmly ignore and act like it never existed. It's just a house with few simple furnishings and with little customization options, which will probably improve, but wouldn't be surprised if it's gonna be in gacha or somehing.

The whole point I was trying to make was that the high price for leasing the house is the way it is just to incentive people into getting VIP/Premium. And for the record, I'm not "stuck" in 2014. I'm focusing on playing through the story in chronological order. At the same time, I had no idea you could send Squires out to do missions for gold. One small problem, I'm in Mari, not Alexina.

EDIT:
    Soll wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this update. Really, i did. A lot.

But then i saw monthly lease and..... this is not what i wanted. at all.

I don't have the will to make/spend 200k/month (or buying a NX service for) on something that isn't permanent. I like to have money in my bank account. I'm the kind that slowly spares. What about if i want to take a break from Mabi for a month+? 500k all over gain for what? Something that already technically belongs to me?

You needed to update VIP/Premiums services, i get it, but not like this.

I completely feel let down.

This guy understands exactly what I'm talking about.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited May 3, 2018
    I decided to check it out in-game. It looks like the Homestead itself is still free and you're not required to pay for/make an enter-able house out of the building you have if you don't want to.

I'm more curious of whether the next phases of this update will be coming throughout the rest of this month. Also, is the old housing system still going to be a thing, or will that be updated too?
    TheDumbOneMabskmk
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I decided to check it out in-game. It looks like the Homestead itself is still free and you're not required to pay for/make an enter-able house out of the building you have if you don't want to.

I'm more curious of whether the next phases of this update will be coming throughout the rest of this month. Also, is the old housing system still going to be a thing, or will that be updated too?

yeah the inside of the house is new. and you need to rent with the OPTION of gold (free ingame currency) to decorate and use the inside.
    which wasnt an option before. Im surpise ppl r this upset cus of the gold standard. 200k-500k PER MONTH is not that hard to come by.

this could of easily been a vip ONLY, or pon ONLY item. i mean these guys r trying to sell a horse for 70$+ and turn everything into gacha only sales.
    ookie wrote: »
    it's the notion that what was once considered OUR home (whether we could enter it had nothing to do with it since it wasn't even an option before) is now no longer ours.....we HAVE to do this, or be excluded from something that USE to be ours.....it changes the illusion that the game gives about your homestead....is it really ours.....who owns it....who gets paid the 'rent' .....is this a scam the Fomors created to fund their war....lol ....the dymanics of the homestead have been forever altered from ownership to non-ownership is my point.....the one place we truly thought was OUR SPOT in the game (inner Sheldon coming out there....lol)

thats how npcs work. thats like "why do we gotta repair items when the gold going to an empty void, infact, and this may surprise you... unless your buying gold from someone else, its not going to someone else when you are buying something.

You also dont need to rent the inside of the house prop, its also a *new* addition to the HS that wasnt around before, and does not prevent you from anyway doing what you did a day before the update.

And to make something yours, you must obtain it. the obtainment for this is FREE in game gold currency, AND the option of nx. granted its not a hand out"here you go its free" "dont have to do anything but afk" update. But to me, anything i can buy with gold in game for a small 200k-500k per 30 days, is practically a basic free update for free players to enjoy.

(cant most ppl make 500k in like less then a day) I used to make that much just selling herbs... or tagging along in a sm for a few hours.... i swore i make 200k in like a few short trips of a sm. OUT OF 30 days..... ppl that upset they cant do one whole day of playing this game out of 1 month?
  • ookieookie
    edited May 3, 2018
    i'm happy for your abilities, but let's not judge 'what is' based on only ourselves .....for instance....many have a life outside of the game....myself, i'm disabled to where i can't sit up to play for hours on end....also i'm a single parent ....others in the game most likely have jobs, schooling, and families of their own in the real world where getting on the internet itself can be a luxury ....especially if your kids hog it up

as i stated before....it's the notion that what i thought was mine for years is no longer mine....even if i never 'rent' the inside of the house (ewww) i'll always know that now it's no longer my house ....illusion shattered
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    edited May 3, 2018
    The argument i see that 'making 500k is easy' / '200k is nothing' is besides the point. This is only the first part of that update, as other people said. Selling things in the house like the housing system will be available in the future. THAT could have been a premium/pay per month thing.

Not accessing the house and decorating it at all. We have enough homestead stuff locked behind cashgrab as it is now.
    DaktaroYoriden
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Soll wrote: »
    The argument i see that 'making 500k is easy' / '200k is nothing' is besides the point. This is only the first part of that update, as other people said. Selling things in the house like the housing system will be available in the future. THAT could have been a premium/pay per month thing.

Not accessing the house and decorating it at all. We have enough homestead stuff locked behind cashgrab as it is now.

no other ppl mentioned this. (unless i miss read - no one mentioned this)
    the ONLY argument i see is ppl feeling this update, as of now, is bad, becuase of the requirements.
    IF what your saying is, the requirement "is besides the point" then the requirements r not the problem.

this is more for a question for the nexon team to answer. but theirs no definitive answer if any of the unreleased updates regarding the ability to sell items in your house is a concern at all. for all you know, nothing might change when the house is updated with this feature. -

ONLY issue i see, is you'll need premium to use that particular service... which is ALREADY a thing.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Thank you for the house, devCAT :)
    TheDumbOne
  • ookieookie
    the requirement is the problem for me....not what it is, but that there is even one to begin with......i've had a house on my main character for years....literal years when they came out with the homestead way back.....the belief the game instilled in the player was that THIS was YOUR home.....now, it is not......here, after all these years you can finally enter YOUR home.....but....it'll cost you because it's no longer YOUR home....you now have to rent it, or stay out in the yard....what once was no longer is....the concept of ownership has changed, and now when i see the house i'll know it's no longer mine.....whether i choose to use it, or not.....i'd like the option to get rid of the house all together so it doesn't sit there to taunt me.....again....it's not what the requirement is....it's that there is one.....i always knew years back that if they ever let us in that they would charge for furnishing it....i expected gachapon sales with event freebies....i didn't expect to have to pay (any amount) to enter my own home
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited May 3, 2018
    Wow something fashionogi/purely cosmetic that actually costs gold?

Must be a new concept...

Can't afford it then don't buy it until the housing shop update if it comes.. (and if anyone seriously argues when it comes it's still too much they should check how much it costs to get a house in the housing channels :) (hint: it costs real money))
    Mabskmk
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 3, 2018
    ookie wrote: »
    you're right....spending real money in the second half makes it all better

social menu ???? ......is this Mabingi or the Sims

I used the term social, because I didn't want to spoil the specific functions for those who missed the thread on the KR release in General.