Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[SOLVED] Game not recognizing GTX 960M on laptop

pkMastrpkMastr
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited May 5, 2018 in Technical Support
Hi all,

I'm running into an issue where my mabi client for one reason or another can't seem to find my GTX 960M graphics card on my laptop. For one reason or another, it only seems to want to run on my integrated graphics card which heavily limits how well I can run the client. I've tried everything from updating the graphic card drivers to doing a full reinstall of the client and nothing seems to work for me.

This issue has also affected a friend of mine who now isn't capable of runing the client at all despite having a much stronger card (GTX 1060 I believe) than the one I'm running so I'm a bit perplexed as to why neither of us can get the client to run on our GTX cards instead of the intel integrated card.

t037LNV.jpg
rXd0Tk8.png

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Did you update the integrated graphics card as well?
    KzBmmtX.png
    Integrated graphics cards are the devil and I will never figure out why on earth these stupid companies created them.
  • pkMastrpkMastr
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    edited May 5, 2018
    I updated both to be safe, but what ultimately ended up fixing it was I had to go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under manage 3D settings, set the program to run explicitly on the Nvidia card (by default it automatically picks a card and was defaulting to the intel card).

For some reason, I expected the Geforce Experience client to streamline this for me, but I guess you also need to make sure the program in question is running on the right card through nvidia's control panel.

Right now I'm not on my laptop anymore but I might log on later and provide screenshots for anyone else that may be running into this issue.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I was going to suggest checking settings, but I assumed you already did that so I Googled ideas. xD I'm glad you got it figured out though! :)