Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Replacement for Mabinogi Ambassadors?

MoonishMoonish
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited May 8, 2018 in Town Square
What happened to its replacement? Its been a while now.

link to end of the program > http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/15024/end-of-the-mabinogi-ambassador-program

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    End means end. No replacements.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited May 8, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    End means end. No replacements.
    Katherz wrote: »
    Starting in February we will unveil a new inclusive program that we hope will encourage all Milletians to contribute to one another through community building activities. We are reading your suggestions and want to provide a way for us to show appreciation to those who go above and beyond to support their fellow Milletians. More details will be released in February so stay tuned.

C'mon Greta, don't be that dense.
    Pie5434 wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Greetings Milletians,

We are sad to announce that the Mabinogi Ambassador program will be discontinued on January 31, 2018. We want to thank all the current and past Ambassadors that have volunteered to help with advising Fledgling Milletians and providing invaluable help to the community.

Starting in February we will unveil a new inclusive program that we hope will encourage all Milletians to contribute to one another through community building activities. We are reading your suggestions and want to provide a way for us to show appreciation to those who go above and beyond to support their fellow Milletians. More details will be released in February so stay tuned.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for 2018. So sport your favorite Gesture and strike a Pose because you never know who’s hanging out next to you at the Belvast Bazaar.

Sincerely,

The Mabinogi Team

Well what is it?

They said that because of events happening in February (losing some members of the team), they had to push back the idea until further notice.

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'm assuming its that thing in the story discussion tbh.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I'm assuming its that thing in the story discussion tbh.
    ...and we want to hear YOUR thoughts about the end results. After all, how else can we tailor this game more toward YOU, our wonderful players?

Starting this Thursday, we’ll be posting a brand new discussion topic here in the Story Forums every week during the weekly maintenance. Sometimes, we’ll ask for your insight on how to approach tricky localization situations. At other times, we’ll solicit your thoughts on different parts of the game’s story, lore, systems, and characters.

IDK, doesn't sound exactly like it functions as a replacement, but I've always been about increased communication since day one and TBH your guess doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    We're not going to have another stupid group of favorites ever again. There is no way to make "inclusive program" without it being unbalanced. I honestly hope they dropped it.
    GretaBubblehimeTHICCthighssavelivesYangKoetepawcalypseZephyrmaru
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    We're not going to have another stupid group of favorites ever again. There is no way to make "inclusive program" without it being unbalanced. I honestly hope they dropped it.

Why the salt though ?

Because the last time NUAs got picked it was insanely biased (I mean come on, pink wings identifying them to new players in a game with 200 kinds of wings? Not only that there was other issues as well.) and half the NUAs were functionally useless, as all they did was afk. It clearly was not based on who had more game knowledge, one of the NUAs I ran into didn't even know what MA tourny was. I got banned on the old forums for ranting about the biased NUA choices, and how ridiculous it was when there's already an in-game system for such a thing.

I do know a few of the NUAs are still very helpful members of the community and I appreciate them. I just hope we never end up with another VFM nightmare.
    GretapawcalypseSherri
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I think the problem is the lack of Nexon NA moderators to help manage when things get out of hand. It's not a leave alone process.....ever.

Also, Nexon NA needs to fix their report function in game....it doesn't work. It's like the best solution at the moment because you can screen shot specifics and get character names and report instantly ...rather than having to go back out of the game and shuffle through your screen shots and load them up as an attachment after you log into the support site....and wait about 3 days or so for a response.

I mean what if it got so bad that someone hacked into your account after you filed a ticket? The devastation of the amount of damage that could be done to ones account at the time.
  • MetrureoMetrureo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    pretty sure thats why we got the altruism feature now ingame to replace this
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Reasons why Ambassadors failed:
    Nobody who was new to the game that actually could have used our help directly knew who any of us were, or that we existed. There was a single pop up window in the tutorial that mentioned the program by name. That was it.
    Members started dropping off the face of the earth and no replacements were made.
    Metrureo wrote: »
    pretty sure thats why we got the altruism feature now ingame to replace this
    Reasons why Altruist has failed:
    Most of the people who could actually use the system don't know how to use it.
    Altruist rewards speed run behavior over actually "helping" people. Basically, get a level 5k in a G1 mission to one shot everything in sight and hard carry a new player or telling them what they were doing wrong that required getting help. The points are rewarded (sorta) equally in either case, so which do you think a helper would do?

Unless they are going to rehual the current royal alchemist system to be more current and useful to all new players, I'd rather them not bring in a new system at all. If the new stuff is entirely automated, people are going to cry biased and will hate it.
    pawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited May 12, 2018
    The Ambassador program was pointless from the start. As a former one, I can say it had no lasting impact on the game.
    I can assure you it wasn't all "favorites." I was the first one to be chosen, and Sabina HATED me cause of how much I ripped into her. I probably got selected cause I've been playing the game since G3. I can assure you it wasn't "favorites only."

Because the last time NUAs got picked it was insanely biased (I mean come on, pink wings identifying them to new players in a game with 200 kinds of wings? Not only that there was other issues as well.) and half the NUAs were functionally useless, as all they did was afk. It clearly was not based on who had more game knowledge, one of the NUAs I ran into didn't even know what MA tourny was. I got banned on the old forums for ranting about the biased NUA choices, and how ridiculous it was when there's already an in-game system for such a thing.

I do know a few of the NUAs are still very helpful members of the community and I appreciate them. I just hope we never end up with another VFM nightmare.[/quote]

I can verify that over half of the users for NUA were completely and utterly useless.
    pawcalypse
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Hellkaiser wrote:
    I do know a few of the NUAs are still very helpful members of the community and I appreciate them.....

Glad to hear that people appreciate what many of us players do simply because we enjoy doing it.
    ...I can verify that over half of the users for NUA were completely and utterly useless.

I know I was chosen because I am helpful (I didn't know any other NUA's or staff members before I was chosen). I was specifically noticed and asked to become one because of the help I provided in forums. Most of my in game friends are former newbies that I had helped out and I continue to help out new players in game. Any of the NUA's I met were active and helpful (but I never met all of them in game either). Only thing I miss about it was the 'Militian Helper' title that I continued to use 'till it was removed just recently.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Why the salt though ?

I do know a few of the NUAs are still very helpful members of the community and I appreciate them. I just hope we never end up with another VFM nightmare.
    Ktty wrote: »
    Hellkaiser wrote:
    I do know a few of the NUAs are still very helpful members of the community and I appreciate them.....

Glad to hear that people appreciate what many of us players do simply because we enjoy doing it.
    ...I can verify that over half of the users for NUA were completely and utterly useless.

I know I was chosen because I am helpful (I didn't know any other NUA's or staff members before I was chosen). I was specifically noticed and asked to become one because of the help I provided in forums. Most of my in game friends are former newbies that I had helped out and I continue to help out new players in game. Any of the NUA's I met were active and helpful (but I never met all of them in game either). Only thing I miss about it was the 'Militian Helper' title that I continued to use 'till it was removed just recently.

I didn't say this because I felt it was braggish, but I felt that Tarlach was the only one whose NUAs all had SOME form of activity, so you weren't included in the "half were useless" comment. The server that I always felt was the one with the "useless" NUA was Alexina, especially since they went through so many replacements.
    pawcalypse
  • KttyKtty
    I didn't say this because I felt it was braggish, but I felt that Tarlach was the only one whose NUAs all had SOME form of activity, so you weren't included in the "half were useless" comment. The server that I always felt was the one with the "useless" NUA was Alexina, especially since they went through so many replacements.

Didn't say you were including me, so hope you didn't think I was attacking you in any way (If so, I'm sorry.). But at the same time I responded because the way you typed it out made it sound as if it were a widespread problem across all servers and included many of the former NUA's. I know I never met all of them but all that I did meet (not just on Tarlach) were active and helpful players.

Personally I just want my Militian Helper title back!!!!!!! Nexon give me my title back (I soooo loved using that title!)!!!!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    The Ambassador program was pointless from the start. As a former one, I can say it had no lasting impact on the game.
    I can assure you it wasn't all "favorites." I was the first one to be chosen, and Sabina HATED me cause of how much I ripped into her. I probably got selected cause I've been playing the game since G3. I can assure you it wasn't "favorites only."

I can verify that over half of the users for NUA were completely and utterly useless.[/quote]

okay but it was still like 75% favourites. And yes most of the NUA's were useless, and in fact didn't even have basic game knowledge which is pretty stupid given the position they had. The VFM program was a favourite selection program again too though. I hope they don't do anything like this again, the amount of entitlement that went on was insane, all it was, was an ego stroking position which ended up being abused.
    pawcalypse
  • KttyKtty
    okay but it was still like 75% favourites. And yes most of the NUA's were useless, and in fact didn't even have basic game knowledge which is pretty stupid given the position they had. The VFM program was a favourite selection program again too though. I hope they don't do anything like this again, the amount of entitlement that went on was insane, all it was, was an ego stroking position which ended up being abused.

I don't know about that. Sounds like a high % to me. I can't say the possibility of someone being picked because they were a 'Favorite' didn't happen but I seriously doubt that there were that many. I say that because when I had been picked as a NUA, I did meet or chat with many of them(or simply seen the work they do here in the forums) and all of those ones, regardless of how they got chosen (and I' pretty sure it was for their dedication to Mabi and it's community and not who they knew) did (former NUA's that I met) or do (current VFM's) their job well.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Ktty wrote: »

I don't know about that. Sounds like a high % to me. I can't say the possibility of someone being picked because they were a 'Favorite' didn't happen but I seriously doubt that there were that many. I say that because when I had been picked as a NUA, I did meet or chat with many of them(or simply seen the work they do here in the forums) and all of those ones, regardless of how they got chosen (and I' pretty sure it was for their dedication to Mabi and it's community and not who they knew) did (former NUA's that I met) or do (current VFM's) their job well.

I find that bolded statement entirely false. I know part of it was having someone on every time zone but it wasn't dedication. When I was on Ruairi still I think I saw ONE NUA not afk most of the time, and on Alexina I know 3 or so that still actively help people. Can't say much for the other server but is it really coincidence that the wings given out were pink, and a good portion of the players selected wore pink? Sabina often mentioned favourite colour.

Either way, the NUA system was a complete failure, and I'd say the VFM program was a fail as well. Tons of threads merged/locked/deleted/moved with no explanation or reason partly due to miscommunication I'm assuming.
    pawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 13, 2018
    Either way, the NUA system was a complete failure, and I'd say the VFM program was a fail as well. Tons of threads merged/locked/deleted/moved with no explanation or reason partly due to miscommunication I'm assuming.

I would say VFM is more of a fail because we lost a lot of them now and those who are still here are almost inactive or they hang out in silly categories like Fan Creations or Town Square and just goof around. Meanwhile in categories like General Chat or Feedback and Suggestions people are arguing, derailing, baiting things all around and some of those threads get ignored most of the time, every day you can see people breaking rules in here and getting away with it, because of decline of VFM's. We need new ones, who are also still playing Mabinogi.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Why the salt though ?

Why wouldn't anyone in this community be salty? What kind of question is that?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    200.gif

If anyone wants me to forum moderate or otherwise. I could guide new people, but that sounds awfully boring and dangerous, despite I likely having sufficient knowledge. :p
    Zarozian
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015

My favorite way to select moderators has always been the public application method. Have them answer a few questions, then have the community harshly criticize why they are even doing this. (More of a "I actually want to do this" trial) I don't know why companies nowadays just pick a few socialites who would hardly continue their work.

I guess I can't say I hate these types of programs since I was actually a part of one for another company. (But my job was helping people, forum moderating, solving tech issues, and forwarding tickets. Also "We're working on it™“ ) But in that community unless you were already friends with someone, half the community literally hated you and the other half only wanted to talk cuz of the title you had lol. In the end I think they work well with the right application process, and forcing them to dotheir jobs.
    pawcalypse