Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Phoenix Egg Hatching Event

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited May 14, 2018
    I'm not seeing any increase rate of point gain sitting around a fireplace, do we only have to complete the fire and music conditions once a day? If thats the case I think that might need to be a little more clear, I dont mind playing and questing 10 hrs in a day, but sitting afk lol

You only need to complete the 'sit by fire' and 'successfully play music' once each. After that you need to be logged in for the full 10 hrs to get the finest box reward. you can do whatever you like for the log in time. This was discussed and explained how to get the different grade reward boxes in another thread for all of the players new to this event.

Edit: A link to the other thread
    phoenix-egg-hatching-event/p1
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 14, 2018
    I got a bird the last two days, soooo, IMO, they're definitely not rare.... and... what am I supposed to do with 2? T-T Lol.
    DueFuss
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    Welp. Guess im skipping out on this event entirely. I dont like being forced to afk (edit: doing nothing productive, i have dailies and stuff to do) ~_~

Following the rules for this event does not seem to have much effect on success in this event. Play a song, light a fire turns your egg red, easy enough. leave logged in all day. gives you a fully incubated egg, two if you switch characters after 10 hours. And get a second ticket for just being logged in at magic moment of 7pm California Time.

But fully incubated eggs don't seem to get you better prizes. I got Leaf Dancer on a char that did none of the above and wasn't logged in at the magic time. On the other hand, the best prize I've gotten from my chars that had fully incubated red eggs was a Blue Sapphire and usually not even that good. So I'm going back to my normal grind, much more productive.

If I get any other good prizes, Yay! and I'll be grateful, but I'm not putting any more special effort into this event. Makes me wonder what the Mabi developers are trying to achieve...

...Skinner Box failure?
  • DueFussDueFuss
    edited May 15, 2018
    Beryl wrote: »
    The fire and music don't increase the points or rate. You only need to do them once per egg and you can tell it's done by the colour of the eggshell. If you've done both the music and the fire, it'll be red; if you've only done one it'll be somewhat orange. Also, you only need to do this if you intend to get the finest box with 600 points (10 hours). If you can't or won't do the 10 hours then the fire and music is pointless.

Edit for clarity: by 'colour of the eggshell' I mean the colour of the egg's outline in the "Check Egg" window (rather than that of the inventory item).

I've done the 600 points and the red shell and was logged in at the magic moment of 7 pm California Time. So far the best prize I've gotten for that was a Star Sapphire. Meanwhile, one of my chars that was only on long enough to do her normal grind, got Leaf Dancer. (She was online for at most 30 minutes, rested by no fires, played on music.)

So overall, I'd have to say none of it matters (that is it's all pointless). While I'll be most happy to get more Leaf Dancer titles and some Mini Thunderbird Whistles, I'm no longer wasting time on this event. If it comes to it and i need the space, the Egg will get tossed.
  • DueFussDueFuss
    edited May 15, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I got a bird the last two days, soooo, IMO, they're definitely not rare.... and... what am I supposed to do with 2? T-T Lol.

Congratulations! :D I hope to join the club. Hope you're new pets continue to bring you much joy for many years to come. ;)
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    DueFuss wrote: »
    I've done the 600 points and the red shell and was logged in at the magic moment of 7 pm California Time. So far the best prize I've gotten for that was a Star Sapphire. Meanwhile, one of my chars that was only on long enough to do her normal grind, got Leaf Dancer. (She was online for at most 30 minutes, rested by no fires, played on music.)

So overall, I'd have to say none of it matters (that is it's all pointless). While I'll be most happy to get more Leaf Dancer titles and some Mini Thunderbird Whistles, I'm no longer wasting time on this event. If it comes to it and i need the space, the Egg will get tossed.

My post was about the mechanics behind getting the different boxes rather than the specific rewards from each. If you're only interested in the title and pet, as many people seem to be (including me), it does seem to be best to get the lowest tier box on multiple characters rather than the higher tiered ones on fewer characters.
    Speaking of the lowest tier box; are you sure that the character you got the title on was only on for 30 minutes? In previous versions of the event the minimum incubation time for a reward box was 120 minutes; anything below yielded only feathers. If they changed it, it would save people a lot of time.
  • JazmynJazmyn

Congratulations! :D I hope to join the club. Hope you're new pets continue to bring you much joy for many years to come. ;)

Lol, thanks. I did leave it in whistle form for now though; I wish I could just give it to someone.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 15, 2018

Lol, thanks. I did leave it in whistle form for now though; I wish I could just give it to someone.

You can, you just have to purchase a Pet Adoption Medal from the Cash Shop, or wait for an attendance event to drop one.
    Screenshot Link (Site overloads the IMG.)
    Jazmyn
  • DueFussDueFuss
    edited May 16, 2018
    Beryl wrote: »

My post was about the mechanics behind getting the different boxes rather than the specific rewards from each. If you're only interested in the title and pet, as many people seem to be (including me), it does seem to be best to get the lowest tier box on multiple characters rather than the higher tiered ones on fewer characters.
    Speaking of the lowest tier box; are you sure that the character you got the title on was only on for 30 minutes? In previous versions of the event the minimum incubation time for a reward box was 120 minutes; anything below yielded only feathers. If they changed it, it would save people a lot of time.

Yeap, all she did was Saga I ep10 and clean up her inventory. I zip through ep10 in less than 6 minutes and I'm being generous assuming she might have taken another 24 minutes to sort and redistribute inventory items. I like to get through all eight chars doing the Saga in less than an hour, typically takes me an hour and a half. Then if i have time I go back and work on each Char's individual projects.

I had dropped everything to work on the Egg thing, but as the pay-off is not inline with the efforts put forth, i dropped it. If i get something else great! otherwise, mehh.

Oh, i did get one of those winged ear thingies. Not sure how long that char was online. Maybe an hour or two, working on smithing. Do you want a weeding hoe? Some of them have 10/10 durability. :-)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited May 16, 2018
    @Katherz could you maybe update the information how how to trade the Mini Pet via Pet Adoption Medal?
    I think the untradeable whistle might be causing some confusion.
    (Also maybe curiosity on when the next sale might be.)
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hmm, I don't think updating the post for that is necessary. Pet medals have been out long enough now that most players know how to use them and there's information on the wiki about them plus info can be gotten from word by mouth. The pet medal isn't even available for purchase right now in the cash shop, so that might cause some confusion. I haven't seen any posts where players thought this pet was tradable. It comes as a non-tradable whistle just like any other event pet that we've gotten in the past, with the exception of a couple other pets from older events (ie: Flamemare from OX event).
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn

You can, you just have to purchase a Pet Adoption Medal from the Cash Shop, or wait for an attendance event to drop one.
    Screenshot Link (Site overloads the IMG.)

Thank you, but that's not really what I meant. n.n;

This information might help someone though for once the event is over, if they still didn't get the bird, there is still hope!
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 16, 2018
    I played regularly and did events religiously. This phoenix event is the first event I've dropped in months, which also caused me to drop Sound of Spring as collateral damage since I haven't logged in for like 5 days.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

I feel the same; I now have the pet and two extras, and the event still has over a week left...
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910

I feel the same; I now have the pet and two extras, and the event still has over a week left...

Wish I could even get one. =/ I've been online for ten hours every day since the event started and no luck. If only the whistles were tradeable, I'd buy one off someone and be done.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 24, 2018
    Yoriden wrote: »

Wish I could even get one. =/ I've been online for ten hours every day since the event started and no luck. If only the whistles were tradeable, I'd buy one off someone and be done.

Same. I'm staying logged in for at least 5 hours every day so i could at least get Fine Box for better chances, but still no luck as well. Best reward i got so far is a single Red Upgrade Stone... o-o
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Greta wrote: »
    Same. I'm staying logged in for at least 5 hours every day so i could at least get Fine Box for better chances, but still no luck as well. Best reward i got so far is a single Red Upgrade Stone... o-o

I got a Mysterious Phoenix Feather Sword... far from what I was aiming for, but decent enough.

Since I saw a few people mention it, I'm trying out getting my alts up to the regular box today to see what I can get from that- I honestly expect just a lot of junk from it, though.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited May 24, 2018
    "I've gotten like 5 titles and pets from this event! lol xD"
    I'm just sitting here with gems that are not diamonds so they get dropped and rot in the void

Hello darkness my old friend
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    haven't gotten anything either. though I did get a phoenix feather sword so I guess I got at least one decent reward, since it's actually worth a few munz