Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Muh cobweb farm pruvileege!

VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
edited May 12, 2018 in Help
So! Turns out I need tons of thin thread for a project, which means setting up a cobweb farm, but after half an hour of hanging around Tir graveyard (not creepy at all, I know) only five spiders spawn, when it used to be at least a dozen! They're so few you can't call that a proper (or efficient) cobweb farm, specially since one of them will not shot web but follow you around, seeing if you gonna start any trouble! So I go to Emain Macha, between the northern cornfields and the Advancement Hall, and it's the same there! I didn't go to Taillteann Graveyard, because Bears, but, but... when did they reduce the number of spiders so drastically?! and WHY OH GODDESS WHY?! And what do you people do nowadays when you needs tons of thin thread?!
  1. Reduced White Spider Count?8 votes
    1. It's an OUTRAGE!!!
       13% (1 vote)
    2. It's an OUTRAEG!!!
       13% (1 vote)
    3. It's an OUTTAGE!!!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. It's a PERCENTAGE!!!
       38% (3 votes)
    5. It's a WATTAGE!!!
       0% (0 votes)
    6. LOL u mad bro?!
       25% (2 votes)
    7. Tomato! *squish*
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Go to a less deserted channel. Spawns are typically reduced due to both RNG and excessive hunting.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited May 12, 2018
    There are only ever a few mobs if no one ever hunts/kills them. If there are only a few of them you need to kill them. Doing so will cause the game to spawn not just replacements but more of them, increasing the total number of spawns. After killing the spawn several time there will be more than you can likely use to farm.
    Jazmyn
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Buy cheap and common silk to fragment, give rubies to simon for thin thread, or just buy thin threads directly.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Kill those 5 spiders and 10 more will spawn. I don't have a problem getting webs.
    Jazmyn
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Or just do the Emain one that is so commonly done?

Usually killing the formors has them spawn more and there is usually a cap to how many can spawn. If you notice after maintenance usually there is less and you have to take out a few for more to appear. Best of luck on farming.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you're a human or an Elf, you can sort of remedy the "at least two spiders will stand there making mean faces at you and not making webs" if you have doll bags that pick up cobwebs, by making use of Play Dead or Hide and have those doll bags summoned to pick up the webs that are produced.

Those doll bags also make it possible to afk gather webs.

Still no protection against other players coming along to windmill your crowd of spiders for kicks. :I

But yeah, you have to jumpstart the (re)spawns by killing off the small initial amount of spiders.