Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

is their a fix for the gray windowed mode thing

LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
Mabinogi Rep: 815
edited May 15, 2018 in Technical Support
im on windows 10 and i cant minimize while in windowed mode cause i get a gray screen, game sounds like its playing though

i see 10 year old posts about upgrading my gfx card but that probably isnt it....

Comments

• JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Lllaaazzzy wrote: »
    im on windows 10 and i cant minimize while in windowed mode cause i get a gray screen, game sounds like its playing though

i see 10 year old posts about upgrading my gfx card but that probably isnt it....

I'm curious; why do you think that isn't it?
  • LllaaazzzyLllaaazzzy
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    because mine are fully updated and pretty modern?

im curious why you wouldnt expect that after i mention that the post that was related to my topic suggests an update that was clearly a 10 year old post would still be effective

your so useless zz good bye
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Dunno if there is a fix. This used to happen to me when I minimized sometimes, but it just doesn't anymore. It's probably just Mabi being Mabi.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Getting a better graphics card seems to make it happen less for myself and many other people. However it still happens if it's minimised for a while. Are you confusing "upgrading" with "updating drivers"?
    Could you give a link the 10 year old posts?

Other than upgrading your graphics card you could try reinstalling Mabinogi and the Nexon launcher.

You try could setting Mabinogi's priority to highest:
    Right-click your Windows taskbar at the bottom of your screen -> Click "Task Manager"->Right-click Mabinogi (in the "Processes" tab) -> Click "Expand" -> Right-click Mabinogi which appears under -> Click "Go to details" -> Right-click the highlighted "Client.exe" -> Set priority -> Click "Realtime"

If that doesn't help, why not try asking the guys in the Technical Support section of the forums?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited May 15, 2018
    It may be a matter of compatibility settings of which to run the game on. On Windows, you can try anything from XP and Vista to Windows 10 as compatibility. Games and OS may not have backwards compatibility. Mabinogi is an old game, and for many such games, running on a newer machine results in difficulties due to the more more modern software utilized, among other such thing.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I'm on Windows 8 and I get the same thing from time to time. The work-around/kludge I use is to never minimize mab and to access the rest of my PC via Windows Explorer, if I must. It sux of course but there you go.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Lllaaazzzy
    To my knowledge there is no actual 'fix' for that problem. I've had it before but has since gone away (ty ty ty ty ty). Sadly all you can really do is what @Helsa said until one of the game updates corrects it for you. This all assuming that setting a compatibility mode doesn't correct it for you (I'm on win7 and don't have the problem so maybe setting that as the compatibility mode may help).

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm surprised people still proceeded to help OP after their rude responce to one player.
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    Hello, Lllaaazzzy

I'm actually intrigued with the issue you are having similar to the one I'm currently facing. I believe this issue relates to the recent windows 10 April Update which isn't agreeing with mabinogi. I believe this weeks maintenance relates to this update and this problem will be resolved by the end of maintenance. However if that is not the case the only solution I can think of trying is rolling back the computer to a previous update.
  • PoxiePoxie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,820
    *Update* I rolled back my windows 10 to a previous version using the creation media tool from the Microsoft website and selected not to do updates now my game runs like it used to.