Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Constantly being 'abnormally disconnected'

millusimillusi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
in Technical Support
So this never used to happen to me; high traffic used to only mean lag in whatever area the activity was in. It started around when MS2 beta began, so I figured at first that it was just the servers being whiny or something. Sure, being dropped about twice a day was irritating, but I thought to myself that beta will end and afterwards I can get back to my regular fantasy life.

Well, it didn't stop. It got worse.

Today I got the 'abnormally disconnected' message and force-out 11 times: 4 times during Black Dragon raids across different channels, 2 times during Baltane missions, and the other 5 times just running around randomly in Mabi. After such a forced log out I am unable to wait and re-log in, as it flashes a message about incompatibility with my graphics card, and I have to completely quit the program before going back in. Once I even had to restart my computer to get rid of the graphics card message.

Please send help. I'm tired of re-doing my personal shop and apologizing to the people I'm having conversations with.
  1. Has this happened to you?3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    This happens to me every so often and is usually caused by one of the updates to add events. Sadly There is likely little you can do about this problem (if this is the case) except wait until the end of whichever event is causing it. If it's not specifically event related we'd need a lot more info about your PC to possible help you out such as (but not limited to) PC make/model/specs, graphics make/model/specs, OS version 7/8.1/10... .