Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi login screen? [SOLVED]

NyakaroNyakaro
Mabinogi Rep: 100
edited May 22, 2018 in Technical Support
So I've been having this issue with Nexon recently where my internet (presumably) won't allow me to connect to Nexon beyond the website, this means not being able to log into the website to create a post for help until I used a VPN anywho. So once I booted up Mabinogi using the launcher it booted up the login screen instead of the usual auto sign in and right into the secondary password and that's where the issue began. I tried using my email with both my launcher and secondary password to sign in with neither one working. I also attempted using my username for my launcher to see if that works, none of it worked. I tried installing, reinstalling, deleting the launcher, Mabinogi and eventually using steam which had the same issue all of which just says my info is invalid or some shenanigans like that.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    If your not from the service regions for Nexon NA there is a IP block I believe. But if you are within the regions they service...

Are you logged into windows with a Adimin account?
    Have you added exceptions to your A-V and firewall (3rd party pop-up blocker too if you have one) for the launcher and the client?
    Is the launcher and client set to 'Always run as Admin'?
    Have added exception to DEP for the launcher and client if it's enabled?

I know a few ISP's from/in certain countries in Europe (no idea where your connecting from) seem to throttle and sometimes block access to games overseas. This has been noted before in the old forums. No we don't have a list of or know specifically which ones off hand. The only way to test this is to try at a friends house that has a different ISP.
  • NyakaroNyakaro
    Ktty wrote: »
    If your not from the service regions for Nexon NA there is a IP block I believe. But if you are within the regions they service...

Are you logged into windows with a Adimin account?
    Have you added exceptions to your A-V and firewall (3rd party pop-up blocker too if you have one) for the launcher and the client?
    Is the launcher and client set to 'Always run as Admin'?
    Have added exception to DEP for the launcher and client if it's enabled?

I know a few ISP's from/in certain countries in Europe (no idea where your connecting from) seem to throttle and sometimes block access to games overseas. This has been noted before in the old forums. No we don't have a list of or know specifically which ones off hand. The only way to test this is to try at a friends house that has a different ISP.

I don't believe it has anything to do with admin issues, if I had to put a guess it'd either be firewall, though unlikely or maybe needing to renew my IP, I should be in regions that Nexon has service since it was literally working last week.
  • NyakaroNyakaro
    So I was able to find out the issue, it looks like it was my IP or some shenanigans with it that didn't allow me to connect to Nexon. After resetting my router and getting a new IP it was able to work fine. I've been having this issue for the past week and this just pisses me off to know how easy of a solution it was. ._.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited May 22, 2018
    @Nyakaro
    At least it's a simple solution, even if annoying.