Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't login to the game or any of Nexon's websites

SwordRainOmegaSwordRainOmega
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
I've been having this issue with Nexon, and Mabi in particular, where I can't seem to login to anything but the launcher. I'll address each issue separately below.

1) So when I'm on my desktop (which is what I use for gaming), I can't login to any of Nexon's websites. If I try to, the page just fails to load because it times out/takes too long to respond. I tried googling the issue, and some discussions said it was a Google Chrome issue, but the issue persists even if I switch over to Firefox. Also, I'm posting this thread on my laptop right now, which can login to Nexon's websites just fine using Google Chrome. I also tried logging into their websites using Chrome on a tablet, which also worked just fine. So it seems to be an issue specific to my desktop.

2) My desktop is also the computer where I have my Nexon games installed. I have Maplestory and Mabinogi loaded on the Nexon Launcher, though I also happen to have Mabinogi downloaded on Steam. However, when I try to launch Mabinogi, whether it be through the Nexon Launcher or Steam, I get issues. At first, the issue was that launching the game landed me on Mabinogi's old login screen (For those of you who don't know, Nexon games used to have a standard login screen IN their game clients rather than having you login through the launcher so that you're already logged in when you open the client). And trying to login through this old login screen just flat out didn't work, but thankfully I fixed the issue by setting the Nexon Launcher to always run as administrator.
NOW my issue is that even though the game launches properly (where you simply have a Start Game button and an exit button), I get a message that says "unknown error" when I click Start Game. I've tried googling that issue and have found no solutions.

So yeah, I can't login to any Nexon websites on my desktop, and I can't get into Mabinogi because of "unknown error", though the launcher seems to be working fine.
If it helps, I'm running Windows 8 on my Desktop, and Windows 7 on my laptop.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I'm not sure what other solutions to try.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    There was an update recently pushed to windows that caused this problem (although it was reported by users on windows 10). The update was for IExplorer but caused problems with other browsers and Nexon software as well.