Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Player Question

Akanthus0Akanthus0
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Alexina Chat
Hello everyone, I'm new to mabinogi, and I currently play with my girlfriend who's a returning player also.
I try and not leech off her or rely on her too much.
Some information about me, I'm a Giant Close Combat player, I have the Giant Crux armor set from a quest, Tikkia Shield and a Glory Sword for my main weapon set. most of my main skill like Smash, Defense, Bash, Counter and Assualt slash are ranks B-2.
I'm always practicing my combat, but i'm still unable to solo Beginner Shadow Missions, and anything Tougher than Ciar Dungeon.

I was asking, Whats a decent way to make some money so i can afford better gear, as i seem to be gimping in the combat aspect of this game

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Generally the devs prefer if you don't make multiple, similar topics. You can check out the making money guild in the Game Guide forum section, as most people will tell you very similar stuff to that. Otherwise, what is your IGN?
  • KambiiKambii
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    Best way to make money?
    At the moment I would say the events. Phoenix event can give you a title that you could sell for 500k-1m, more possibly if you hold onto it. The sound of spring event will also give you free items, and if lucky you will get Homestead items that you could sell. They are both very easy events and basically just require you to be online so you're basically doing them while doing your normal stuff on Mabinogi. Just make sure you choose your main for the events by talking to the event characters.

Best way to train combat?
    Luckily while you're under total 1k you gain a good amount of Beginner benefits, and that includes constant RB before 1k. Ideally just increasing skills will get you stronger, and training can be done by doing quests, SMs, and your generation quests.

If you have any other questions feel free to send over a note/PM, my IGN is Kambii.
    Welcome to Mabinogi by the way!
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    Best way to make money. well since you are new probably the events. For a few reasons, one being outfits get them save them sell them easy profit. as you get stronger you will find there are more ways to earn gold. One that's ideal is Sm (Shadow Mission) Grinding. You can make about a mil+ a day depending on how long you do said grind every day.

Help your self to noting me Or even Adding me to your friend's list!
    IGN:Dingigraphi
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    I'll also chime in on the events, because right now's the perfect time for a new player to make some money on Alexina. Here's a few prices you might wanna keep track of when selling, and note that mileage varies greatly day to day and these prices will be a little lower so that you can get a hold of good gear faster instead of waiting on a volatile market for a week as people look at your Kiosk.

---Spring Event---
    Homestead Red/White Rose pots: 75k for fast and effective sell.
    Homestead Garden Trellises: 150k will almost always have them sold quickly, I buy em instantly at 100k and I imagine others would take 150k.
    Homestead Garden Wheelbarrow: This one you'll have to sit on your hands for, but sooner or later 250k will sell.
    Homestead Garden Shelf/Workbench: These don't go lower than 300k unless you want a deal within a day.
    Homestead Hyacinth Pot: 75-100k. These will go fast at 75k and take a few days at 100k. Be patient.
    Homestead Swing Bench: In my honest opinion, if you can get a hold of one, keep it for now. But if you really need that money, don't go lower than 3mil.

---Phoenix Event---
    Phoenix Sword: 250k-300k For a relatively fast sell, but remember that sometimes it takes a bit to get a sale.
    Myst Phoenix Sword: 350k "usually" works, but you might need to dip lower if it takes more than 2 days.
    Leaf Dancer Title: 500k right now, easily in a few days. If you choose to hold onto it, itll be worth 850k-1mil in about 3 months.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 25, 2018
    Akanthus0 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm new to mabinogi, and I currently play with my girlfriend who's a returning player also.
    I try and not leech off her or rely on her too much.
    Some information about me, I'm a Giant Close Combat player, I have the Giant Crux armor set from a quest, Tikkia Shield and a Glory Sword for my main weapon set. most of my main skill like Smash, Defense, Bash, Counter and Assualt slash are ranks B-2.
    I'm always practicing my combat, but i'm still unable to solo Beginner Shadow Missions, and anything Tougher than Ciar Dungeon.

I was asking, Whats a decent way to make some money so i can afford better gear, as i seem to be gimping in the combat aspect of this game

You're issue might be how you are handling combat. If multi-agro is what's messing you up, then lullaby or rain cloud will work wonders for you. As a giant crisis escape is a must. Another problem new players have is that they just attack attack attack attack attack. If you're an OP veteran you can get away with that. As newer player you can't. There are some simple combos that can help. One is taught in the beginner lessons. it is: Normal Attack/Counter Attack/Defense repeat. Of course you can'f follow it blindly, for example if you have defense loaded and the mob loads smash you have to break the pattern. Another good combo for beginners is fire bolt/counter attack repeat. Bare in mind these combo are defensive so they take longer to dispatch enemies.

If you are on alexina send me note and i can help you practise and learn some combos; I'm a tall person as well.

IGN Helsa0151
  • IXRuairiIXRuairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited May 26, 2018
    Hi like everyone else has been saying I would say events would help make good amount of gold or you can try doing shadow missions or dungeons to start out if you have any questions my IGN is IXRuairi of the Mari server.
  • UsagikaUsagika
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Hello, I'm also a returning player! Exploration is a great way to make some money, but it's awfully tedious. You essentially try to collect artifacts to fill up these books that Voight sells. Once you've collected all of the artifacts, you get a reward. The reward is where a lot of the money comes from. I completed Couracle Exploration Book 11 and made 2 mil from the reward. If you're interested, I can do my best to explain more through PMs or something! :)