Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Moongate/Mana tunnel map Large vs Small

DueFussDueFuss
Mabinogi Rep: 755
in Help
I have several chars on the same account. When I use Moogates and Mana Tunnels a map appears. (Pretty basic, I know.) But on some of my chars the map is small and on some it's large. How do I select which view I get?

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Hmm... I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe post the differences with screenshots?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    DueFuss wrote: »
    I have several chars on the same account. When I use Moogates and Mana Tunnels a map appears. (Pretty basic, I know.) But on some of my chars the map is small and on some it's large. How do I select which view I get?

What...? Maybe you left/entered fullscreen?
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    edited May 26, 2018
    I've never seen or even heard of this issue. are you sure its not just your mind playing tricks on you? Please Give us some Images of this!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I think I know what you're talking about, but it shouldn't be happening unless you're resizing the client window in between switching chars.

For all the confused people, this is what it looks like for me (note the overlap with the bottom bar):

AtY8F.png

AtY9j.png

The big map is too big for me to see the Port Ceann Moongate, so I often resize the client to force the small map to turn up for those extremely rare occasions I need to go there. (Same problem with the southernmost mana tunnels). My screen resolution happens to be just the right size that I can trigger the different map sizes by changing the client height by 10 pixels or so.

Afaik it only flips between the two sizes depending on the height and width of the client, so if you're not resizing the client then I'm not sure why it's happening for you.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 27, 2018
    Yeah, this is why i asked if they entered or left fullscreen mode, because that's the only way i see the changes with map size.

Just noticed that the map doesn't resize with the client when going in windowed to fullscreen and vise versa.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 27, 2018
    Is it possible the resolution is different in the settings on each character?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited May 28, 2018
    It could be the settings/resolution for the different characters, but it's usually set per client.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    It could be the settings/resolution for the different characters, but it's usually set per client.

I figured it was, but I wasn't sure because in order to "Allow Equipment View" or "Summons Finish Automatically" you have to change it on each character, and the colors of everything (quest window, the little bar at the bottom, etc) changes based on the character settings as well.. Just something for the OP to look at and see if it's different.