Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hillwen/Shyllien Pets

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited May 25, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I got the weird idea that maybe it would be fun to have "tamed" versions of the Hillwen and Shyllien Monsters.

From the Shyllien Reserve, I was thinking the Mutant Rabbit Mutant_Rabbit.png

And the Poisoned Sasquatch 160px-Poisoned_Sasquatch.png

Both would be rideable, the rabbit being a larger version of itself where you would ride on its back, and the Sasquatch would carry you on its shoulders, akin to how a Giant would carry Human characters. They would also carry their skills from their wild counterparts to their Pet Versions.

In regard to the Hillwen Mines, the pets would be the Emerald Hyena 160px-Emerald_Hyena.png

And the Emerald Golem 160px-Emerald_Golem.png

These two would operate in the same fashions as the Shyllien pets, Hyena would be ridden on the back and the Golem would carry the player that summoned it.

Oh, and they would be color selectable. I have seen the Mutant Rabbits in different colors of pinks and purples (and who wouldn't want a giant pink Sasquatch?), and I could see the Emerald Pets having slight variants to their colors (a little more blue, more green, lighter color, darker color, etc), while still maintaining their color scheme with the Hillwen Deposits seen below.

800px-Hillwen_Mine_Floor_B3_Emerald_Deposit.png

Thoughts?
Leinei of Ruairi
Gremm
  1. Which would you like the most?17 votes
    1. Shyllien Mutant Rabbit
       18% (3 votes)
    2. Shyllien Poisoned Sasquatch
       12% (2 votes)
    3. Hillwen Emerald Hyena
       6% (1 vote)
    4. Hillwen Emerald Golem
       12% (2 votes)
    5. All of them!
       53% (9 votes)

Comments

• GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    This was a nice idea, i like it. +1 :)
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Best part is that Nexon already has the textures for these creatures. They'd just have to make them larger and give the Golem and Sasquatch the Giant Carry action.
    YangKoete
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Bonus points if they could also function as harvesting sources for Shyllien Ecology and Rare Mineralogy.
    GremmYangKoeteLeinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    I could see them maybe offering a buff for gathering. Maybe, they could act like the Spirit of Tuan (gives bonus skill exp for Music skills) and give bonus skill exp to the skills regarding their respective locales? (i.e. Rabbit/Sasquatch give points toward Ecology and Magic Craft, while Hyena/Golem give points toward Rare Mineralogy and Engineering)
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Hillwen/Shuylien Pets would be nice, but I'd settle for making them available for transformation. Both of these options have the potential for tricking or scaring other players in the mines and reserves, which I love.
    YoridenLeinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Not going to lie, the thought of the pets being used for that has crossed my mind. XD
  • MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    I think this would be cool, mainly because it would be nice to have a cute rabbit pet and others. The colors and textures are awesome and maybe we could have a special Hillwen Mine event where you can earn/win one of the pets.
    Leinei