Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pls increase the Pet limit again by more than 50

ArjuneArjune
Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
edited September 11, 2018 in General Chat
It seems time again to increase the pet limit... with all the events giving out free pets and pet gachapons some of us accumulate pets fairly fast. I personally have played pet gachapons to get certain pets I want, and rather than spend even more money to buy pet medals to sell them off I just keep them all. Recently we got the S.S. Cotton Candy whistle from the cookie island event and I got this message:

875899ee4a5480c1d4e33a5f01bcdc7b.png

and that's not even counting these I've been holding onto until I need the dyes inside:

7a8f4bfc1ab67d413318721629377199.png

AND then we're getting a balloon puppy whistle soon from the holiday event

I would actually love to see the limit completely taken away from pets... I know it's to save on data, but is there really people out there that would buy 500+ pets? and if there were, would it be that bad if 1-2 people go wild giving you money? I mean the way things are right now, in a few days I will have 6 pet whistles in my inventory that I cannot use. I don't like deleting pets... I already deleted 70 dollars worth a pets a couple years ago when I hit the limit and I hated doing so. I'm sure you plan on having more pet gachapons in the future... having a pet limit kinda blocks out people like me from even buying it don't you think? why would someone at pet limit pay money for pets they can;t use? on whistles that will be stuck in their inventory? I know this is a problem that effects very few people... but imo that's all the more reason to just get rid of the limit completely

If you do increase the limit again please increase it by more than 50.... maybe 100? it seems like every time the limit is increased, the faster I hit the limit. I like to collect pets... sometimes multiples of the same pet. it's really sad to be limited on this

IGN: Darvy
Server: Mari
SherriRudeCrow
  1. Should we get another pet increase?91 votes
    1. yes, by 50
       8% (7 votes)
    2. yes, by 100
       11% (10 votes)
    3. just get rid of the limit
       55% (50 votes)
    4. no. I think 200 pets is enough... holy crap
       16% (15 votes)
    5. I don't care either way
       10% (9 votes)

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    edited May 28, 2018
    sorry wrong forum section

EDIT: thanks for moving it :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 29, 2018
    I think we got plenty. I have around 71 pets (been playing Mabinogi since 2013 Oct, had couple of 1-3 month hiatuses back in 2015-2016, but i don't think i missed any free pets there and i wasn't buying NX back then) and whenever i open up my pet tab, my fps drops quickly, until i choose needed pet category, the fps increase back again. Imagining having like 187 pets (without counting my partners and characters) in tab sounds really scary already to me, i couldn't imagine how to sort out all of their inventories as well LOL.
    Would suggest getting rid/sell off duplicates and useless pets. I'm avoiding having same pets usually if that's possible, i guess if i even reach that 200 limit i would start off by getting rid of beginner horse and eagle, Petal Collar Dog and some crappy small pets which have small inventories, can't be mounted or used in combat (like seals, penguins, doki pets, etc.).
    Have no idea how it's possible to hit these character card limitations so fast. If you already deleted a good amount of pets in the past... R.I.P. I guess you really never held off by buying all these pets in Cash Shop lol.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Ummmm...

I wouldn't want that many more pets myself because my pet window already causes deathlag the way it is now (at 150+), but if other people need more pets then I guess it should be fine to increase the limit for them.

If they don't increase the limit maybe you could use medals to sell or transfer the extra pets to alt accounts rather than delete them... I don't like deleting pets either. :c
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited May 29, 2018
    yeah like I said... I don't want to spend more money to buy medals to sell off my pets. :/
    JazmynCoolAidGremmSherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I would love to see the limit removed completely. I know soon I am going to be hitting that limit.
    CoolAidSherri
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    give the pets away, and have the other person supply the pet transfer item.
    BronzebreakGretaSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 29, 2018
    It just doesn't make sense to limit the characters otherwise to me, considering that just means more cash for Nexon? I say remove the limit (unless there are background techy things preventing it for good reason... LOL)

And I think it's just 200 characters, not just pets?
    CoolAideikoden
  • CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    I support this idea, lift the limit in its entirety.
    Jayy124
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited May 30, 2018

HOW does your comment even have a like? Most people should know the pet medals aren't tradeable... you HAVE to buy them yourself with NX. -facepalm-....

it seems a bit selfish to me that people will downvote this simply because they personally don't have the same problem. I kinda regret making this thread now because the selfishness of everyone is shining through
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Yeah it's characters, partners and pets combined... all servers
    BronzebreakSherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Arjune wrote: »

HOW does your comment even have a like? Most people should know the pet medals aren't tradeable... you HAVE to buy them yourself with NX. -facepalm-....
    'cause am dumb that has never been here/used them.

it seems a bit selfish to me that people will downvote this simply because they personally don't have the same problem. I kinda regret making this thread now because the selfishness of everyone is shining through
    wh... what other answers were you expecting?

• CoolAidCoolAid
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160

Now now no need to get a little personal both of you
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I definitely agree, especially when they've been giving out pets and I've been buying them when I can. I know that sooner or later I'll be hit by this cap as well.
    As for those who are against it, well.. one day they'll hit the maximum character amount and they'll see how it feels. ;)
    eikoden
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 30, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    I definitely agree, especially when they've been giving out pets and I've been buying them when I can. I know that sooner or later I'll be hit by this cap as well.
    As for those who are against it, well.. one day they'll hit the maximum character amount and they'll see how it feels. ;)

When i hit it, just gonna delete the useless ones LOL. Nexon releases a lot of re-skinned pets anyway.

Good example is Balloon Pony and Puppy being a pure re-skin of a simple cloud pets which exist in game for years now. Also all these broomstick pets... They are all the same, just different textures. Not going to even talk about pet gachas... You got the idea by now.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited May 31, 2018
    CoolAid wrote: »

Now now no need to get a little personal both of you

Oh, sorry I wasn't trying to start *more* forum drama, I was just tryna be humourous lol.

Edit: As far as the second bolded line (also my writing), I am not sure what counter-point any person could make that would be relevant to all Mabinogians, other than 'server lag' which is a joke topic anyway...
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited May 31, 2018

When i hit it, just gonna delete the useless ones LOL. Nexon releases a lot of re-skinned pets anyway.

that's still inventory space you'd be throwing away. I don't like the idea of doing that either :P
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited May 31, 2018

that's still inventory space you'd be throwing away. I don't like the idea of doing that either :P

Unless you have the petal collar dog or somethin' like that. No inv space. Truth be told idk why I still have mine. I could use it to "man" a personal shop but I nvr do cuz I need to b able to summon other pets for other things, ya knw?

Anyone else see the new Raptor-like pet JP got?

Today's Mission:
    Go all Cyberman on Petal Collar Dog! "DELETE. DELETE. DELETE."

cybermen-march_o_GIFSoupcom.gif
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    this is why I suggested the ability to turn pets or whistles into cards to make them into a rebirthable pet.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Not sure why I was quoted... I didn't say this...
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 3, 2018

Not sure why I was quoted... I didn't say this...

when I pressed quote, several quotes came up (because it was a quote of another quote or something) so I deleted them all except the first quote code and left the text of the quote I wanted to keep. Sometimes it ends up as the wrong username because of that. it's a common mistake for me sorry.. I gotta remember to remove the name like I did just now. Now that I look at it... I have no idea how your name got there either.. it should have only been Greta or Sherri as possibilities. Maybe the the forums are borking up

4b1a02f1-13f0-4536-9041-96e21accbd20.jpg
    Jazmyn
  • bobobobo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited August 9, 2018
    Hey Nexon,

I think it's about time you guys increase the character / pet limit in the game. I know some of you guys will be saying stuff like "BRUH I THINK 200 CHARACTERS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH".

But coming from a beta player that's been playing this game for years and kept their old pets since day 1, collectible pets that barely ever come back, partners, event pets, AOE mounts, alt characters, etc..... I've hit my character limit and now my pet whistles are starting to stock up because I've been waiting for you guys to uncap the limit.
    ba4cdb1c80fc3d6449c4acd5adec17a7.png

I know some of you guys will say, "Just sell your pets". um no, I don't want to. (that actually costs money for adoption medals)
    Or "Sacrifice a character =3= " and again, No, I don't want to. (you actually LOSE money dafug)
    Why should I have to sell or sacrifice something I spent money on? *end rant*

Now with the new Re: Zero pet and partners out, I can't even use them if I buy them so what's the point of buying them? So please uncap the limit already, I know a few other long time players that have reached or will be reaching their limit as well.

Anyone else?

Sherri