Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Full Screen vs Windowed

AgentJeanAgentJean
Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
edited June 3, 2018 in Technical Support

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Pro
GTX970 with driver 397.31
Intel 4770k

For some reason Mabi is not using the same graphics settings between Windowed and Full Screen mode. In the Nvidia control panel I have a override set for Client.exe to override anti-aliasing by 4x but this only works in Windowed Mode. If I switch to Full Screen there is no anti-aliasing at all. Even more strange is I have a monitor color calibration profile set in Windows that gets disabled when going into Full Screen mode.

I know once had Full Screen and Windowed mode synced a while but I don't remember exactly how I did that. Anyone else running into this issue and know how to fix it?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited June 3, 2018
    AgentJean wrote: »
    Even more strange is I have a monitor color calibration profile set in Windows that gets disabled when going into Full Screen mode.

Is a well known problem with Nvidia. There are threads that have been going from 2014 - current year complaining of this. As such I wouldn't expect them to correct it anytime soon (or at all?). Only workaround that seems to work consistently is to force it to play in a borderless window stretched fullscreen.
    EDIT: Found an interesting workaround. Activate the language bar and have it in a corner of the screen (can be made small and rather invisible) and set to be always on top (not docked in the taskbar). Apparently it will cause the icc profile to take effect because windows is rendering the bar and not the game.
    AgentJean wrote: »
    For some reason Mabi is not using the same graphics settings between Windowed and Full Screen mode. In the Nvidia control panel I have a override set for Client.exe to override anti-aliasing by 4x but this only works in Windowed Mode. If I switch to Full Screen there is no anti-aliasing at all.

I have never had such problems (I play on a antique toaster) but a little research suggested a couple possibilities

In full screen many games own programing ignores windows/graphics card settings such as this in favor of it's own. Mabi has it's own Fullscreen AA settings in the Options window. Did you possibly change it there and not remember/realize it?

Is it set differently in the Global settings section of the Nvidia control panel? Apparently this can cause this problem when in fullscreen and not when windowed.