Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

If you're stuck in the G21 Sylvan Dragon fight...

IrvynIrvyn
Mabinogi Rep: 650
edited June 14, 2018 in Help
Use regular Defense, not Shield of Trust.

My apologies if this count as spoilers and this is the wrong section to post.
Utsuro_Bune

Comments

• EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Beating the dragon before that little scripted event comes up works too, if you can get some lucky crits in.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    There was a scripted event during that fight?

What was it?
    I got as far as Altam and Talvish appearing and then I got a good crit with Impale and it died.
  • IrvynIrvyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    There was a scripted event during that fight?

What was it?
    I got as far as Altam and Talvish appearing and then I got a good crit with Impale and it died.

If you get its health around 20%, there will be a scripted event where the dragon launches into the air to prepare an attack and Avelin tells you to prepare a defense. A lot of players in my channel, including myself, have been using Shield of Trust as natural instinct and was getting confused.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I had a pet who auto attacked it while I was in conversation.

I think I skipped a few scripted attacks and just won.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thanks, i was about to start pulling my hair lmao. Clicked this thread with speed of light.
  • glythglyth
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    ah ok thanks
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited June 15, 2018
    LOL. Came in here after trying a bunch of times, finally read what I was doing wrong. Ran right back into the quest and critted the dragon with my bhafel hunter and he never did that darn attack. (I didn't even know you could do that!)

Thanks a ton though!
  • DezarayDezaray
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Thanks for info! Defense skill did the trick!

YAY!
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    blade also does wonders for damage. may take a little effort to pull of due to it's constant movement, but for me it did 5-10% per hit, and up to like 25-30% on crits. and I'm quite weak (lord mission mobs hardly feel my attacks). was on my 4th attempt after realizing normal defense might do the trick when I got a critical blade, passing the script altogether
  • CeviCevi
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited June 15, 2018
    Thanks for the information stranger I love you so much right now
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    yeah im really mad bout that, i tried shield of trust so many times. I mean, we just had to use it in an earlier quest, so it didn't occur to me to use regular defense until my friend suggested it. i was so mad it worked XD