Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Sketch" Skill

SnormieSnormie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
edited June 15, 2018 in General Chat
So many people Sketch Darkness-Hoarding Lich for fast exploration exp, it's one of the most preferred methods to gain fast exploration levels.

But since g21 update, the skill now has a cooldown either it's been "added" or "fixed" and now there is an actual cooldown and you can no longer sketch without having to pause now for about 20-25 seconds once you arrive back to where he is spawned at.

This is pretty annoying and I wish it would get changed back because not only does it throw you off, but now it's hard to get 5-6 sketches now on Monday/Wed/Friday. Sunday you probably can get 7 still, but it will be very close now.
  1. Should it be changed back, even if it's a bug?15 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (5 votes)
    2. No
       47% (7 votes)
    3. Never use it
       20% (3 votes)

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    hasent it always been like this?
    BronzebreakLiberateHellkaizerGretaDaktaroTwelieArjuneImaizumiBuffalosJazmynand 2 others.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I don't get what you're talking about.

Sketch always had a cooldown, though it shouldn't take much waiting between Lich sketchings, considering you can Wing back to town, report the quest, grab another one and head back over to Metus.

Maybe it has something to do with the font change.
    Could be that it takes less time to load the board, so you're saving a bit more time than usual, so you end up waiting a bit longer than you're used to?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I don't get what you're talking about.

Sketch always had a cooldown, though it shouldn't take much waiting between Lich sketchings, considering you can Wing back to town, report the quest, grab another one and head back over to Metus.

Could be that it takes less time to load the board, so you're saving a bit more time than usual, so you end up waiting a bit longer than you're used to?

that's probably it, sketch has always had a cd
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I sketched the Arc Lich yesterday noticing nothing different other than the Quest Board loading a lot faster. There is an hour (Erinn time) cooldown on the sketch gesture always. I was able to get 6 sketches in between 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m, server hopping and all.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Now, I believe THIS is probably what their problem is. And this is not a problem.

Are you using a Goddess Wing to teleport back to Port Qilla's Base Camp? If so, you're using up far less time between doing that and the Quest Board loading faster, hence your "20-25 sec" wait. I actually use a pet to get to the two areas, so I once I return I'm 2-4 seconds before sketching again.
    Imaizumi
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I've always had to wait 20 or so seconds to sketch because of the cooldown... lol...and that was WITH the slower loading quest board. it's always had a cooldown
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Always been like that....
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    wow didn't know about sketching arc lich give that much exp i just do dailies from raft and discovery quest >_>
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Rayka wrote: »
    wow didn't know about sketching arc lich give that much exp i just do dailies from raft and discovery quest >_>

You can go from 1 to 50 with about 42 sketches if you have rank 1 Exploration Mastery.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    sounds sketchy...
    but I'll let ya'll draw your own conclusion.

;P
    Veylaine