Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dc every 20-30 minutes

ineednickineednick
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Technical Support
Ok so is this only me or what? Sometimes I got dc every 30 minutes I don't know what's going on but this dc make me uncomfortable I can't afk, is there someone else can fix this?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Unfortunately there are many things that can cause this. If this started only just after the last update (happens to me occasionally due to certain events) then all you can do is wait until the next update and hope it corrects it for you. But if its not due to a game update then there's no way to specifically know whats causing it. Are you 3 or more time zones from the servers? Then I suggest you denagle your pc (yes it helps lower DC occurrence as well as reduce lag). It's possible a virus is causing the DC's. Yes yes I know that your anti-virus says there's nothing there, that your PC is clean (it windows. no A-V can keep it 100% clean). All you can do is hope your next A-V definition update includes what it needs to detect and clean the virus causing the DC problem (You can do a manual definition update and see if there's new ones to download). If there's an update run it as a detailed scan, not a quick scan. Also be sure your A-V, firewall and any ad/popup blockers have exceptions for nexon launcher, Mabi client, nexon sites, etc... (these all cause communication problems). These are the most common problems/solutions off the top of my head.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Or you know... Maybe your internet is just potato?
  • ineednickineednick
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Ok tq for that I will check that and my internet still good
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    I am getting this too, both severe lag and game crashes. This is the first time I have had trouble with lag to the point where it has affected game performance. I tried 3 times today to do the Arenen RP in G-10: Restoring Irined's Artifact quest. Twice I got very close to the end, the last time, I even gained enough exp to level up to 46! (Thankfully, as due to lag I was down to 75% injury and lucky to kill 1 maybe 2 enemies each time I ran through.) I was running almost all the way through the dungeon every single time while rubber banding just to kill one enemy, get killed, and run back again, only to end up DCing right at the end. VERY frustrating. I had less trouble in Realization in G9! Was running on my laptop, my usual machine, then ran on my desktop, a more powerful machine that does not get the non-recommended graphics card message I usually get on my laptop. Please help, I need to finish G10 and G11 so I can take full advantage of my rebirth pots before they expire!
  • KnightdogKnightdog
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Also, yes, both computers had the same results, no change to my internet service or location of play since the last time I had good game responsiveness, and today is the day that it started really acting up. Not necessarily immediately after update, but definitely once peak hours started day of update.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Knightdog

If your problem is due to a event there's nothing that can be done. Did you try the possibilities listed above? If not, do so. Also check to see if anything updated on your PC since it last played fine (drivers/software/windows/etc...). Sometimes updates to the system are to blame. remove any of them and turn off Auto Update (so it doesn't reinstall it on you).
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I would try doing a verification of Mabinogi and see if something happened with the updated files...or repair installation.