Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Making a Viable NON-Duel-wielding build.

HexionHexion
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
So I know the current meta is lets all rush duel wielding Celtic Royal Swords and Final Hit EVERYTHING IN SIGHT. But I prefer a different style of game play and want to use Blunt ,shield, and heavy armor. Call me old fashioned but I like to be more tanky and draw my battles out to an epic fight. I have been doing a lot of research on the wiki but its not really 100% updated like it used to be. I'm also on a dead server (Tarlach) so getting things that aren't grind-able are near impossible (such as there's not a SINGLE Celtic Royal Warhammer in the server). So far this is what I've been looking twords:

Helm: (any helm with +1/more Protection) - (Burgundy Bear/???)
Chest: Royal Knight Armor - (Refined/Otter)
Gloves: Royal Knight Gauntlet - (Deep/???)
Boots: Royal Knight Boots - (Burgundy Bear/???)
Acc 1: Drosera - (???/Taurus)
Acc 2: Drosera - (???/Taurus)
Weapon: Celtic Royal Warhammer - (Nightmare/Black Fog)
Shield: Divine Shield - (???/Colonel)

I've already decided most enchants for setup, but there's still a few I can't decide on, if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE: I already know these aren't seen as the ABSOLUTE best for enchants but going for high protection (tank) is a big part of the goal.

Comments

• ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited July 8, 2018
    Until they either create content that demands you use blunt/axes type weapons to clear them, or they add more special effects to those weapon types that allow them to tackle similar situation in a different manner, they will always be out classed as a general DPS choice.

The exception being the frosty flake giant hammers since they get bash bonuses and are basically CRKs for giants.

Right now there is no reason to not use a lance if you want big damage in single/few hits, or using fast-normal speed weapons and bashing/FHing with them for your DPS.

The place for blunts/axes in the meta right now are really just as support weapons. Much like how somersault kick and smokescreen are support skills rather than raw damage skills.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    As a giant a large shield + 2handed sword is an effective, albeit slow, way of taking care of most enemies since defense with a large shield reduces damage to 1 for a lot of skills in the game. There's also giant full swing for 2handed blunt weapons, for an alternative.