Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Confused about the requirements for spirit weapons

OblivaneOblivane
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
So, I'm a battle alchemist, and my guard cylinder is just about to get to 100 proficiency. Like, two days back, I searched up the wiki and found that you can't make weapons with upgrades spirit weapons, and I just so happened to upgrade my trusty cylinder a month or so ago.

First I would like to know if I can still make my cylinder a spirit weapon.
If not, I would like to know if there is a way to remove the upgrades I placed.

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Unfortunately no, there currently isn't a way to remove normal upgrades to a weapon.

I can sympathize. Long ago, I did the same thing with a weapon I had originally intended to use as a spirit weapon. :heartbreak:
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    If it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure guard cylinder spirits aren't a thing... so whatever your upgrades are, it was the right choice.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    From what the wiki says, it looks like only non-demonic/non-tetra cylinders are possible.

From the stats people claim spirit weapon cylinders seem to get, it looks like a volcano cylinder might be the best in terms of alchemy damage. But you'd be trading rain casting size and duration, which of all the alchemy skills is generally thought to be versatile and useful.

Tower egos have an innate bonus of "increased range of all alchemy by 80% and increased alchemy attack and efficiency by approximately 50%." I tend to see people running tower for this reason.

Consider which skills/combos in alchemy you want the cylinder for. Guard cylinders can't be spirit weaponized, however.