Check out the patch notes for the August 13th update, P.E.T. Part 2: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23540
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we not immediately scream for nerfs?

Comments

  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,400
    Posts: 380
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    Well the main autoattack(F2 or simply click on talvish like a normal attack) is spammable and does 1% damage if you can shoot it at half or more charge. So it's nice if you manage to still have 5 to 10 minutes remaining in the mission. Just spam this normal click attack until talvish reaches 30% . (This attack can be loaded and fired while moving, like an elf)

    The F3 skill is an instant teleport skill like the chainblade skill, every time you hear him trying to take a swipe at you, teleport !

    The F4 skill does some damage too but it's on a looooong cooldown. Thankfully it does a nice amount of %

    Have your shield of trust ready though, he still uses the swords attack < < < < < <

    Right-click the F1 skill to remove it so that it doesn't screw you over
    GretaVeylaineLongSly
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Well the main autoattack(F2 or simply click on talvish like a normal attack) is spammable and does 1% damage if you can shoot it at half or more charge. So it's nice if you manage to still have 5 to 10 minutes remaining in the mission. Just spam this normal click attack until talvish reaches 30%

    The F3 skill is an instant teleport skill like the chainblade skill, every time you hear him trying to take a swipe at you, teleport !

    The F4 skill does some damage too but it's on a looooong cooldown. Thankfully it does a nice amount of %

    Have your shield of trust ready though, he still uses the swords attack < < < < < <

    Right-click the F1 skill to remove it so that it doesn't screw you over

    I must be doing something wrong, but I never managed to release the Divine Blast with the F2 hotkey at times; it would not fire at all if I bothered to charge it, and the uncharge damage seemed pretty poor.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Tagar:
    Used mana shield ran around the pillar till it showed up hit the pillar once it came down on her.
    Did that one more time. Spammed firebolt, she died in 5 minutes.
    Golem:
    Used hide walked up and hit the switch mission ended.
    (I even turned off hide and the golem just passively spun in circles and didnt attack)
    Doppleganger:
    Used mana shield and divine link.
    Killed all the clones. Spammed firebolt, It died in 3 minutes or less.
    Talvish:
    I was honestly surprised how weak he was.
    Just ran away everytime he casted something took no damage.
    Spammed lightning rod an firebolt. Probably didn't take longer than 10 minutes.

    The mechanics in this gen were nice.
    Actually made me feel like i needed to do something other than just spam one skill till an enemy died.
    Very much fair and balanced, and despite not caring for this chapter at all g21 was decent enough story wise.

    I call BS on you killing the doppleganger in 3min or less with firebolt spam, especially since it doesn't injure him...
    Unless you can deal like 30-40k crits constantly with it, I call BS on it :P

    I killed all the clones with a fireball then continued to hit it for 10k Which was about 10% of its hp.
    The time limit was from the regen and killing the clones after they respawned.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    Posts: 1,145
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    c1564376e5.jpg

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.
    3rdy
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,400
    Posts: 380
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    PeL5UCV.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,565
    Posts: 6,746
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    Yup, that's what i pointed out in Mabinogi Discord Server too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also lol at that 0.00% HP. #Glitchinogi
    TNinja wrote: »

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.

    0.19 HP?
    30% was enough for people to get a dialog and be done with it. You got glitched as well.

  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,295
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Tagar:
    Used mana shield ran around the pillar till it showed up hit the pillar once it came down on her.
    Did that one more time. Spammed firebolt, she died in 5 minutes.
    Golem:
    Used hide walked up and hit the switch mission ended.
    (I even turned off hide and the golem just passively spun in circles and didnt attack)
    Doppleganger:
    Used mana shield and divine link.
    Killed all the clones. Spammed firebolt, It died in 3 minutes or less.
    Talvish:
    I was honestly surprised how weak he was.
    Just ran away everytime he casted something took no damage.
    Spammed lightning rod an firebolt. Probably didn't take longer than 10 minutes.

    The mechanics in this gen were nice.
    Actually made me feel like i needed to do something other than just spam one skill till an enemy died.
    Very much fair and balanced, and despite not caring for this chapter at all g21 was decent enough story wise.

    I call BS on you killing the doppleganger in 3min or less with firebolt spam, especially since it doesn't injure him...
    Unless you can deal like 30-40k crits constantly with it, I call BS on it :P

    Without a firebolt combo card or casting speed reforge (just vivance) I could kill it with firebolt spam, combo card+ casting speed would probably obliterate it.
    Greta wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    Yup, that's what i pointed out in Mabinogi Discord Server too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also lol at that 0.00% HP. #Glitchinogi
    TNinja wrote: »

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.

    0.19 HP?
    30% was enough for people to get a dialog and be done with it. You got glitched as well.

    I think part of it had to do with the % charge you had in divinity. I didn't use divinity at all and I had to take him to 0%
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,565
    Posts: 6,746
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I think part of it had to do with the % charge you had in divinity. I didn't use divinity at all and I had to take him to 0%

    No, this happens when you decide to read/stay in the dialog while Talvish is still attacking you when just obtained new transformation. Few people already pointed that out too. When i skipped dialog next time, it didn't happen anymore.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,900
    Posts: 2,759
    Member
    It seems fairly possible for firebolt, as my wounding certainly did nothing to help me. Heck, my wounding was 100~100%, and I only wounded half the doppel's HP. Essentially, I was just damaging it more than it could regenerate. This is especially viable if one snapcasts a fireball to kill the clones, as the doppelganger itself does poor damage.

    It is a battle of attrition, to be honest, and not a very difficult one; just time consuming depending on your damage output.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    Posts: 1,145
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    Yup, that's what i pointed out in Mabinogi Discord Server too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also lol at that 0.00% HP. #Glitchinogi
    TNinja wrote: »

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.

    0.19 HP?
    30% was enough for people to get a dialog and be done with it. You got glitched as well.

    Zoom in, mate.

    That's MINUS 0.19.
    ImaizumiRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,565
    Posts: 6,746
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    Yup, that's what i pointed out in Mabinogi Discord Server too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also lol at that 0.00% HP. #Glitchinogi
    TNinja wrote: »

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.

    0.19 HP?
    30% was enough for people to get a dialog and be done with it. You got glitched as well.

    Zoom in, mate.

    That's MINUS 0.19.

    Oh, wow LOOOL. Glithinogi indeed.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    Posts: 1,145
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    me and bf got that one a few hours earlier today, and once yesterday :)

    BTW, an incentive for trying harder: The divine form has jiggle !

    Yup, that's what i pointed out in Mabinogi Discord Server too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    Also lol at that 0.00% HP. #Glitchinogi
    TNinja wrote: »

    If I'm not allowed to scream nerf, sue me. I'll scream nerf anyway.


    You guys have NOTHING on me. NOTHING.

    0.19 HP?
    30% was enough for people to get a dialog and be done with it. You got glitched as well.

    Zoom in, mate.

    That's MINUS 0.19.

    Oh, wow LOOOL. Glithinogi indeed.

    #IWANTTODIE
  • AnakymAnakym
    Mabinogi Rep: 575
    Posts: 14
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    im a total lv 4454 and i beated the doppel whit shuriken smash XD (o yes remember to kill first the dopels or you will be having a hard time XD!!) the g21 is ok, people just got acostumed to power trought most enemies and forgot that the first generations where pretty mutch about abusing the mechanics more than fire power so i say leave it like it is, becouse if you did all the previous gens then you already have all the tools you need for this adventure!! XD
    GretaOpalthiraAlshianRadiant Dawnfennixfox
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    Posts: 1,145
    Member
    edited July 14, 2018
    Finally beat Talvish.

    This is what I observed. I'll be tagging my opinions on each point.

    Point One:
    If the message says "USE SHIELD OF TRUST!", don't use it righ taway. That's a ploy to get yourself killed. Use it after when two or three swords strikes. They do no damage, trust me. The very last point you can use your shield and live is when the last sword lands, but that's it.
    Opinion: This is alright, but that message needs to stop being a jerk and mislead people.

    Point Two:
    If the message says "There must be a way to repel his attack."
    You can stop his attack with Judgment Blade. Failing to do so disables your ability to use Crusader related skills. Even if he doens't hit you with his ridiculously long hitbox, he heals himself 1% anyway. So, just. Stop him.
    The issue here is, sometimes he does this attack the very moment the message appears. Judgment Blade is way too slow to hit him with hit before yours lands, if both of you use charge up the skills at the same time.
    And considering how the server always favor, well. The server, you've already lost.
    Opinion: Stop it. Stop making that skill come out so damn fast, if he's going to kill you the very moment the message appears. Go die. Bad design. And come on. "Repel attacks"? That sounds like an invite to use Shield of Trust. Which by the way, does not work.

    Point Three:
    Frequency of Talvish''s Crusader Skills becomes more narrow when you gain your Divinity. This can become troublesome, and yo uneed to be more active with your own Crusader. To increase your own damage, you can use Celestial Spike on him.
    Opinion: This speeds up the combat pace, a lot. I like it. The problem is the usage of Celestial Spike. The increased frequency of the Crusader Skills means even less time for you to risk it all using Celestial Spike, just for him to suddenly use Judgment Blade and kill you, while you're on cooldown. You can time all you want with using Celestial Spike right after SHield of Trust. But he WILL occasionally use his Crusader Skills before you're done with the cooldown. That's just bad.
    You don't need Celestial Spike, but really. Don't suggest using it, if there's 50% chance for it to not get yourself killed.


    Point Four:
    During the second phase, you transform, and your first 7 F slots have been replaced. And your Mnaa Shield, which, don't kid yourself, you had it open. Mana Shield is disabled. That is because in this new state, you cannot use any skill besides the new skills you learned, and Crusader Skills.
    Opinion: I. Don't think I can say m uch. They HAD to add the skills so you can be introduced to them, but. It's extremely intruding. And depending on how you setup your skill tabs, you'll probbaly die a tleast once, while trying to familarize yourself with it.
    And if you're super squishy and is extremely reliant on Mana Shield. Well, you better be quick learner, because you're gonna learn how to teleport. Unless you want to die in two shots of course.


    That's it. Now end me.
    TwelieImaizumi
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Posts: 132
    Member
    anyone have screenshot/video of chat when Talvish enter in 30% hp?
    i mean i want know the detail on G21 storyline so don't want to miss out and the current glitch look bad
    Liyetafennixfox
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Posts: 348
    Member
    Rayka wrote: »
    anyone have screenshot/video of chat when Talvish enter in 30% hp?
    i mean i want know the detail on G21 storyline so don't want to miss out and the current glitch look bad
    fennixfox
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,355
    Posts: 215
    Member
    no, your opinion is wrong

    enjoyable challenging difficulty in games do exist

    and then there's whatever cheap tricks mabi been pulling off since g16, and whenever you do pull through it you don't even get that sense of pride and accomplishment trademarked by EA, lol
    ImaizumiRadiant DawnTairiku
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    ^
    Was wondering when this troll would show up.
    Greta
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,880
    Posts: 1,145
    Member
    Added a fourth point.

    It was really troublesome that my Mana Shield got disabled. I don't handle damage well, so. I just had to learn how to teleport. And stay away from that Ice Spear range.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,565
    Posts: 6,746
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Added a fourth point.

    It was really troublesome that my Mana Shield got disabled. I don't handle damage well, so. I just had to learn how to teleport. And stay away from that Ice Spear range.

    Mana Shield usually ruins things for me. I got it disabled during boss fights (sounds suicidal right?) since if they strike me too much/hard i end up with 0 MP without realizing and when it's time to use Judgement Blade/Shield Of Trust i get a message that i don't have MP and before i notice that and use MP potion, it's already too late at that point...
    Blissfulkill