Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A little too much ptw ?

EinwhegEinwheg
Mabinogi Rep: 700
in General Chat
90DbRSn.png
WQku4H2.png

I mean we already have reforges and from gatcha:
enchanted "rare" weapons
enchanted r1(?) dk royal prince/ess
the special chain slashed outfits

but is this maybe a going too far ?
Would be better if clothing/armor from gatcha would remained just fashion items :c
YorozuyaTairikuSherriTheNyanCatGoldtiger01Erorserv

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 26, 2018
    Someone on discord made this today. I'll just leave this here. :)

BurntheGachas2.png?width=391&height=301
    TwelieVeylaineImaizumiBuffalosvioletkittBlissfulkillSherristarkiller1286Sphyra21Radiant Dawnand 10 others.
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    I'll tell you OP this in a really really low voice so nobody is hurt: nice things drop in irrelevant quantities.
    KensamaofmariBlissfulkillfennixfox
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    PTW is for the weak!
    SherrifennixfoxLialin
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Might as well get used to it. Cause this is Mabi now.
    ImaizumiSherrifennixfoxLialin
  • CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    "A little".
    Anybody know where I can buy a pitchfork online?
    SherrifennixfoxLialin
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Callanthe wrote: »
    "A little".

wait for the fantasy farm-life gacha
    TwelieSherriCallantheRadiant DawnTheNyanCatfennixfoxLialin
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Tsumikki wrote: »
    I'll tell you OP this in a really really low voice so nobody is hurt: nice things drop in irrelevant quantities.

I can hear the whales laughing at this already.
    fennixfoxLialin
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    "A little".

SwT1Xx0NL2OVtAAAW_jQS3Kf_wk4CYJcANzCAqfgQeY.gif?w=320&s=3b5811186141679bd53d69f68f3bc7ab
    IyasenuBlissfulkillSherriImaizumiRadiant DawnDarkpixie99[Deleted User]Lialin
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    It’s a defensive wonder, but much like the lethal gag items, it can’t be upgraded any, so it’s possible to craft something well above it, I’m certain.

It does look pretty cool though.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Aquasol wrote: »
    It’s a defensive wonder, but much like the lethal gag items, it can’t be upgraded any, so it’s possible to craft something well above it, I’m certain.

It does look pretty cool though.

No, not well above it.
    Probably barely even at it.
    Defensively at any rate.

I'm basing this on the best Heavy Armors I can think of, the Royal Knight Armor and the Bhafel Slayer Guard.

Only one of those is crafted though, the Bhafel Slayer Guard.
    The max base stats for that are:
    15 Defense
    10 Protection
    10 M. Def
    8 M. Prot

Good luck getting that, since you know how stat rolls on Engineering can be.

For upgrades, let's focus on either physical Defense OR Prot.
    Focusing on as high bonus Defense from upgrades as possible:
    That's like... +21 Defense, +14 Prot, if you get a max roll on Artisan upgrade.
    For 36 Defense and 24 protection, 10 Mdef, 8 Mprot

Focusing on Protection instead it's like +20 Defense +16 Prot
    For 35 Defense and 26 protection, 10 Mdef, 8 Mprot

On a max roll, crafted with relatively expensive materials from Iria Raids.
    Your results may vary and will likely be worse.

This is really strong armor from Gacha that nothing currently really competes with, defense-wise.
    SherriTheDumbOneRobotailsfox[Deleted User]Radiant DawnTheNyanCatIonfennixfoxZephyrmaru[Deleted User]and 3 others.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    A little? More like a LOT. It would be one thing to give us the option to oh.. I don't know.. CRAFT THE ARMOR MAYBE?! GIVE US F2P A WAY TO GET IT?? I'm not just mad at this point, but I'm livid.
    I'm sick and tired of getting ignored and then being taken advantage of. They release the shopping bags and then they come back and hit us with THIS
    WHY??
    HOW MUCH LONGER DO THEY WANT THEIR GAME TO GO DOWN THE HOLE? THEY'RE COVERING IT UP WITH A LID AT THIS POINT
    3rdyTheDumbOneLialinGoldtiger01
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited July 25, 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    A little? More like a LOT. It would be one thing to give us the option to oh.. I don't know.. CRAFT THE ARMOR MAYBE?! GIVE US F2P A WAY TO GET IT?? I'm not just mad at this point, but I'm livid.
    I'm sick and tired of getting ignored and then being taken advantage of. They release the shopping bags and then they come back and hit us with THIS
    WHY??
    HOW MUCH LONGER DO THEY WANT THEIR GAME TO GO DOWN THE HOLE? THEY'RE COVERING IT UP WITH A LID AT THIS POINT

You do have a way to get it. Save up money. It's not hard at all to make money in the game and the prices of the armours arn't even that expensive. It's first 12 hours of the gacha. You can't expect nexon to always release shopping bags, that's not have any gaming company works. Also you are not being taken advantage off or ignored at all, and the game isn't going down the hill at all over an armour being put in the gacha. It was the same in KR, why would you expect anything different here? I'm pretty sure no one in KR complained on their fourms when the armour came out in a gacha over there. Also, there is no hole to cover up at all. I'v heard the same thing n my 8 years of playing, the meme got old very fast.
    fennixfox
  • CDMarilCDMaril
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    edited July 25, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    WHY??

You do have a way to get it. Save up money. It's not hard at all to make money in the game and the prices of the armours arn't even that expensive. It's first 12 hours of the gacha. You can't expect nexon to always release shopping bags, that's not have any gaming company works. Also you are not being taken advantage off or ignored at all, and the game isn't going down the hill at all over an armour being put in the gacha. It was the same in KR, why would you expect anything different here? I'm pretty sure no one in KR complained on their fourms when the armour came out in a gacha over there. Also, there is no hole to cover up at all. I'v heard the same thing n my 8 years of playing, the meme got old very fast.

not sure about KR ser if theres any complain, but it is obvious a P2W to me and people obviously complain about it for reasons
    SherriRobotailsfoxTheNyanCatfennixfoxLialinGoldtiger01
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    "A little".

Your local hardware store, or department store or even wholesale retailer should have them online.
    I wonder why they don't have them in Mabi
    SherrifennixfoxXiokun
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    You do have a way to get it. Save up money. It's not hard at all to make money in the game and the prices of the armours arn't even that expensive. It's first 12 hours of the gacha.

You can't expect nexon to always release shopping bags, that's not have any gaming company works.

Also you are not being taken advantage off or ignored at all, and the game isn't going down the hill at all over an armour being put in the gacha.

1. That actually depends on drop rates, not how long the gacha is out. It could get either worse or better from here. Some people just can't make that much money before the end of the sale, and even well after it.
    2. That one's a fair point.
    3. I agree it's not going downhill, but it is a bit scummy to add armor that's better than most of what we have. Someone in here brought up engineering rolls, and it's ridiculous that you can negate that by spending cash monies. Rip actual effort.

Tldr gacha armor is good and I'm just jealous because I want it but have no money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    SherriRobotailsfoxTheNyanCatfennixfoxLialin
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    i dont like it personally... but its also not my thing... i'll just have to wait for the hs items, elunes, re-zero event, some other week or month later.... idk... im sure when the stuff everyone wants comes out, it'l be live streamed.

but nah... never see pointy armor with a limited pay to win advantage as one of those desirable appeals
    fennixfoxMabskmk
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sebastian wrote: »
    You do have a way to get it. Save up money. It's not hard at all to make money in the game and the prices of the armours arn't even that expensive. It's first 12 hours of the gacha.

You can't expect nexon to always release shopping bags, that's not have any gaming company works.

Also you are not being taken advantage off or ignored at all, and the game isn't going down the hill at all over an armour being put in the gacha.

1. That actually depends on drop rates, not how long the gacha is out. It could get either worse or better from here. Some people just can't make that much money before the end of the sale, and even well after it.
    2. That one's a fair point.
    3. I agree it's not going downhill, but it is a bit scummy to add armor that's better than most of what we have. Someone in here brought up engineering rolls, and it's ridiculous that you can negate that by spending cash monies. Rip actual effort.

Tldr gacha armor is good and I'm just jealous because I want it but have no money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dislike how strong the armor is but once we have g22 armor is pretty irrelevant so it's whatever. I do not want more of this.
    ImaizumiSherrifennixfox
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    "A little".

Your local hardware store, or department store or even wholesale retailer should have them online.
    I wonder why they don't have them in Mabi

6a1022a3a1.png

Well... sort of.
    Radiant DawnSherrifennixfoxLialin
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Everytime I try to catch up to end game gears, they release more p2w items....as someone who’s mostly f2p it’s pretty much impossible to get enough gold to buy all these items.
    SebastianSherrideepdrakeLialin
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    the best part out of all of this, is you know someone gonna wear that armor and brag how ppl who dont do end game pay 2 win grinders are "fashionogis" -rip

Sherri