Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A little too much ptw ?

Comments

• Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited August 2, 2018
    That said, rather than panicking about this item's power - what burns me the most - is that I'm currently lumping this item in with the Hamelin's Tuner.

Tomorrow this item will be irrelevant, tomorrow this item won't be sought for, tomorrow people will consider it trash the next time it shows up again in a Gachapon. You know what else released to people fighting over it desperately, only to be fully deprecated in record time? The Hamelin Tuner, which allowed Bards - for the first time ever - to properly attempt group performances (or use stuff like the Piano at all). An item that people fought over, paid great money for, and was released roughly less than half a year before the Music Q update.

I hope we're not going to start seeing OP cash grab items released before each major game changing update, where the items - previously valued for untold amounts - are made completely worthless by the very same update they barely prefaced.
    Bronzebreak
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Tfw when your a giant and speed/def doesnt really concern you
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    was curious what is the drop rate for Abyss armor/set
    i say set since i see most people with 1 piece has all the pieces. so was curious if they came in a box.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    was curious what is the drop rate for Abyss armor/set
    i say set since i see most people with 1 piece has all the pieces. so was curious if they came in a box.

It's just that the gloves/boots without enchants are like 1m on alexina so it's not much more to finish the set.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited August 5, 2018
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    That said, rather than panicking about this item's power - what burns me the most - is that I'm currently lumping this item in with the Hamelin's Tuner.

Tomorrow this item will be irrelevant, tomorrow this item won't be sought for, tomorrow people will consider it trash the next time it shows up again in a Gachapon. You know what else released to people fighting over it desperately, only to be fully deprecated in record time? The Hamelin Tuner, which allowed Bards - for the first time ever - to properly attempt group performances (or use stuff like the Piano at all). An item that people fought over, paid great money for, and was released roughly less than half a year before the Music Q update.

I hope we're not going to start seeing OP cash grab items released before each major game changing update, where the items - previously valued for untold amounts - are made completely worthless by the very same update they barely prefaced.

This is why I think it's insane that people are spending 30+ million on armor sets right now, or hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to get them.
    Clovis15
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Neroy wrote: »
    Tfw when your a giant and speed/def doesnt really concern you

I was running around during the weekend as a human, and I noticed that I've gotten too accustomed to fast mount speeds.
    It was a sad day.
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    tetrarch wrote: »
    You know, I was all hype for trying to get this armor bc of the set effect so I bought it with gold. Later found out that the set effect is only 1% movement speed increase. Meanwhile my colossus valiance--
    abyss drag v col valiance
    33 def v 29
    25 prot v 17
    9 m. def v 13
    7 m. prot v 13

imo 4 def, 8 prot and a decrease in magic defenses + 1% movement speed isn't worth it. I sold it right back.

so the 10 speed is 1% speed like from title?
  • zarrockzarrock
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited August 6, 2018
    I play main pmage and can crit 30k fbolts on people with this armor.... Dosent seem to effect my play style
  • zarrockzarrock
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    My mage gears save for reforges where all crafted
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    zarrock wrote: »
    I play main pmage and can crit 30k fbolts on people with this armor.... Dosent seem to effect my play style

I mean... Player defenses have never meant much in pvp. I'm pretty sure at 1% you can still one shot someone.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Clovis15 wrote: »

Um.. I don't know about that.. I recently checked the Auction Board (Mari) and the Hamelin's Tuners that popped up were 7.5m and 8m..
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    zarrock wrote: »

I mean... Player defenses have never meant much in pvp. I'm pretty sure at 1% you can still one shot someone.

Might take 2 or 3 shots if evasion and charge work out.